Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Does the Cavs loss better or worsen the chances of LeBron to New York?

That's the question. No this isn't another random LeBron thread, I genuinely would like to know what everyone thinks..

Personally, I think it betters their chances. Big market, coach that fits his style much better and New York right now has a much better supporting cast then Cleveland. I'd take Nate, Lee, Al Harrington, Wilson Chandler and Chris Duhon over the Cavs players minus LeBron anyday.

If LeBron ends next season empty handed, that's 7 seasons in he could not win a championship. Keep in mind SUPERHUMAN efforts in this playoffs could not even get him to the Finals. I think along with another superstar in New York (Amare or Bosh or Wade) - LeBron could win a boatload of championships - plus they have a much brighter future than Cleveland with Nate Robinson, David Lee, Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari and their 8th pick all being very young. All those guys, another superstar and LeBron would equal a perennial title contender for at least 8-10 years.

The only thing that could change this argument is if Cleveland acquired a second superstar, which I think does not change much. They don't have enough trade chips to get someone as good as Bosh or Amare and getting Shaq or Carter at the later stages in their career would do nothing for the future of the franchise. Wally, Ben Wallace, Joe Smith and Z are all getting way up there in years, which does not leave them with much. And I don't think the city of Cleveland would attract many big name free agents in 2010.

My opinion: LeBron is good as gone if they do not win next year.

Only time will tell. I think the Cavs will have their biggest off-season in the past 7 years. They dont have a choice. If they dont win OR make it to the Finals next year its 60/40 he is gone. You are correct that the Knicks have a better supporting cast. Without Lebron, The cavs would have 20-33 wins.

He'll stay; IMO, better chance of not having a superstar as part of the supporting cast, which would take too many touches and the focus off of Lebron- he's a let me get mine first player

Well, I think the Cavs losing helps the chances of Lebron in a Knick uniform. But no matter what happens next year, I still think he stays.

I hate him, unless he comes to NY

Looks like Ben Wallace (14mil), Wally (13mil), and Varejo(5.78 player option) are gone so that free's up just over 32 million. I think if they could scoop up Boozer, or cheaper Marion/ Sheed for strong low post plus strong role players like Trevor Ariza, Matt Barnes type they would be solid with the core they have plus their draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bnasty312 View Post
    Looks like Ben Wallace (14mil), Wally (13mil), and Varejo(5.78 player option) are gone so that free's up just over 32 million. I think if they could scoop up Boozer, or cheaper Marion/ Sheed for strong low post plus strong role players like Trevor Ariza, Matt Barnes type they would be solid with the core they have plus their draft picks.
    Ben is on the books for next year at 14 mil

Quote Originally Posted by Big Quett View Post
    Ben is on the books for next year at 14 mil
    If Wallace chooses to retire, he will almost certainly seek a buyout since retiring outright would cost him next season's salary. But he said money will not be the determining factor in his decision.

"I think I deserve [a buyout]," Wallace said. "But if I don't get one and I've just got to give it up, that's what I'll do."

actual paragraph from ESPN story this morning. I bet the Cavs are praying he reitres.

Quote Originally Posted by Bnasty312 View Post
    Lakers will let Odom walk before they let Ariza go.

Quote Originally Posted by NotVeryOriginal View Post
    Lakers will let Odom walk before they let Ariza go.
    Oh for sure, but don't think he would come off the bench for Clev. and not what Ariza is gonna be asking for once the season is over.

doesnt make a difference he has a better cast in cleveland, better ownership, and he is happy there
    "Joe Montana was a product of a system, Dan Marino was a system" -- Bill Walsh

Too early to tell.

Next season will determine what happens.

Cavs still have one more season to acquire some players and make another title run.

LeBron James is too big of a name to be in such a small market. Everyone knows he loves the cameras, and loves attention. If the Cavs loose next year, he will be bound to go elsewhere probably NY.

Quote Originally Posted by fishfan79 View Post
    doesnt make a difference he has a better cast in cleveland, better ownership, and he is happy there
    lol, first off his cast is far worse and only getting older. Second his owner is one of the cheapest in the league and has been quoted saying 'you can win a championship without spending', and third, if you think he is still happy after that series you are sadly mistaken

I don't see how it makes it better. It only makes it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Reversed86Curse View Post
    He'll stay; IMO, better chance of not having a superstar as part of the supporting cast, which would take too many touches and the focus off of Lebron- he's a let me get mine first player
    LOL! Wait...you're being sarcastic...right?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast