Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Morris Resolves Wednesdays Fight

WOW. Morris just gained a lot of respect from me. He handled this situation with the savy of an old coach.

TAMPA - Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Raheem Morris had planned to practice his players as usual Thursday, but after the events of Wednesday, when a helmet-swinging fight broke out between two players, he changed his mind.

"Nothing brings a team together like a little 'we-fense,' special teams practice,'' Morris said.

Thursday's special teams workout consisted of mostly 100- and 50-yard running drills, with a little sled-hitting thrown in. It didn't last long, about 30 minutes, but Morris believes a message got through.

"We got better today,'' he said. "We grew as a team today, we developed something today.''

One development Wednesday led to the Thursday special teams work. It was an incident in which special teams standout Torrie Cox was inadvertently hit in the head with a helmet swung by cornerback Aqib Talib at left tackle Donald Penn.

"I definitely let my emotions get the best of me,'' Talib said. "It's just something that happened in the heat of the moment. I apologized to the team, apologized to Torrie, and it's behind us now.''

Talib said he was given a "slap on the wrist'' by team leaders, center Jeff Faine and defensive tackle Chris Hovan, but that the whole team was punished for his mistake.

"We're a family, and so we all got punished together,'' Talib said. "So we all went out and did our little running. It wasn't just me and Donald that got punished, we got punished as a team.''

Cox, who was treated for a cut to the head that required a few stitches, according to Talib, did not participate in the workout Thursday. Morris said Cox is fine.
    I am a member of the BUC NATION

Good stuff. It also sounds like Cox didn't get his face smashed in as the preliminary reports indicated...that's good news.
    I am a Member of The BUC NATION

anyone notice raheem morris,aaron sears and aqib at the magic game tonight

2020 NYG off-season checklist: AJ Bouye(if cut) [ x], Corey Littleton[ ], Breshad Perriman[ ], JaDaveon Clowney [ ], [ ], Kendall Fuller[ ], Matt Brieda [ ], Matt Skura [ ], Arik Armstead [ ], Austin Hooper[ ], Anthony Brown[ ]

yea I saw them too^

Raheem was iced out, and aqib was porting his usual gangsta all black. Sears was rocking a Cavs jerz.

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

I thought it was sears too, but I just found out it was Ryan Sims. Oops.

apparently they were all rooting for the Cavs!? that sucks. Go Magic!!

IDT Morris, and Aqib where. They where cheering when the magic scored. Sims was wearing the Cavs jerz. Im assuming Raheem sat on the Magic bench side for a reason. I could be wrong, they may have just been there to be there.

I think Morris is hoping Sims will become a leader on the team...I'd like to see him stop a runningback or two....first.
    I am a Member of The BUC NATION

sims, thats who it was, john cena there too lol
    Last edited by MagicBucsSox; 05-27-2009 at 04:40 AM.

2020 NYG off-season checklist: AJ Bouye(if cut) [ x], Corey Littleton[ ], Breshad Perriman[ ], JaDaveon Clowney [ ], [ ], Kendall Fuller[ ], Matt Brieda [ ], Matt Skura [ ], Arik Armstead [ ], Austin Hooper[ ], Anthony Brown[ ]