Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Game 6 Thurs May 14th - 2nd Round - Eastern Conference (2) Boston @ (3) Orlando

( 2 ) Boston Celtics (62-20) vs. ( 3 ) Orlando Magic (59-23)

Boston Celtics will have the Homecourt Advantage

Boston Leads Series 3-2 Series Breakdown

Thu May 14, 2009 Game 6 - Boston @ Orlando 7:00 pm EDT ESPN

Dwight Howard(notes) wants the ball more. Stan Van Gundy is telling fans not to panic, and some Orlando Magic players think their series with Boston should already be over.

Orlando seems to be teetering on a Magic Meltdown.

Howard met with Van Gundy and apologized Wednesday—but did not retract his statements—after publicly challenging the coach’s strategy in their Game 5 collapse. The Magic center even added another bold comment as the Celtics look to close out Orlando in Game 6 Thursday and move on to the Eastern Conference finals.

“We can’t give up hope,” Howard said Wednesday. “We’re in this series to win it. We are going to win this series.”

That will take quite a turnaround.

It was the second time during these playoffs Howard has questioned why the Magic coach doesn’t run more of the offense through him, with the latest being the loudest and most direct. The two met privately Wednesday before the team’s film session and said they resolved their differences.

REGULAR SEASON SERIES
    Season Series Tied 2-2
    Dec. 1: at Celtics 107, Orlando 88
    Jan 22: Celtics 90, at Orlando 80
    Mar 17: at Celtics 79, Orlando 86
    Mar 25: Celtics 82, at Orlando 84

Projected Starting Lineup

PG - Rajon Rondo
    SG - Ray Allen
    SF - Paul Pierce
    PF - Glen Davis
    C - Kendrick Perkins

Projected Starting Lineup

PG - Rafer Alston
    SG - Courtney Lee
    SF - Hedo Turkoglu
    PF - Rashard Lewis
    C - Dwight Howard

"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

We got this Celtics fans.

no game 7 here. Pierce should continue attacking and Ray needs to find his shot. If Ray finds his shot early, this game and series will be over.

LETS GO CELTICS!!!!
    Thank you Saints. i can watch TV again.

Welcome Nate Robinson to the Boston Celtics! I am one of the few who support this deal.

Please Patriots, no more CBA talks. I and the fans dont care. We want to win. Get this roster where it needs to be. NO excuses.

We couldnt sign a big hitter, so the Red Sox are all about De-Fense. Hope it works!

Boston Sports for Life.

I think Dwight Responds with playoff highs in boards and points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    i don't like girls

^ I think so too...It's very puzzling how Dwight only got 10 shots in such a vital game...

Quote Originally Posted by BTownTeamsRKing View Post
    We got this Celtics fans.

no game 7 here. Pierce should continue attacking and Ray needs to find his shot. If Ray finds his shot early, this game and series will be over.

LETS GO CELTICS!!!!
    As much as i'd like to think so, I think Orlando is going to take this one. And, i don't really see it being all that close either.

It's no secret that they will be going to Howard more, so that plays right into Thibodeau's hands defensely. We know what they're gonna do. Try more inside post-ups and touches to Howard, and less 3-pointers, which they haven't been knocking down lately. If we're prepared for that and Ray and Pierce have 20+ nights, this series will be over tonight.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

Magic by 5 at home to force a game 7!

Machine Gun Kelly!!!!!!

Magic win, unless they force the ball into Dwight, and force him to get 15 or more shots. If they let the offense find him, without giving him the ball at the block and watching him go, they'll be fine. But if they decide to run the offense through Dwight, and not let the offense find him...they wont win.

They need a mixture between game 5 (10 shots, never forcing it to him, loss) and game 2 (13 shots, 5 made, and a lot of forced offense, loss). Rafer and Hedo need to penetrate and find Dwight. They can't just ignore him. They also can't give it to him with 20 seconds on the shot clock. He's not that good offensively.

They also need to start hitting their threes, which is not a easier said then done. They have the skill.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

Quote Originally Posted by 69centers View Post
    It's no secret that they will be going to Howard more, so that plays right into Thibodeau's hands defensely. We know what they're gonna do. Try more inside post-ups and touches to Howard, and less 3-pointers, which they haven't been knocking down lately. If we're prepared for that and Ray and Pierce have 20+ nights, this series will be over tonight.
    I don't see that happening. The Magic's best game was game 3. How did they win that game? First off, Dwight only had 8 shots, but was extremely efficient. He didn't force anything. They killed the Celtics with points in the paint...even with Dwight only making 7 shots. Hedo, Shard, Lee, Johnson etc. got penetration all night long. This opened up the three point shot, where they were 9 for 18. That's Magic offense. Magic offense is not Dwight Howard posting up. Magic offense is not jacking up threes all day. Magic offense is getting penetration, then finding open shooters if they can't get a shot off penetration.

The Magic offense will NEVER be like you describe it. Howard will get no more than 10-12 shots when the Magic are their best.

I think the Magic take this and the Celtics take game 7 at home.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    I don't see that happening. The Magic's best game was game 3. How did they win that game? First off, Dwight only had 8 shots, but was extremely efficient. He didn't force anything. They killed the Celtics with points in the paint...even with Dwight only making 7 shots. Hedo, Shard, Lee, Johnson etc. got penetration all night long. This opened up the three point shot, where they were 9 for 18. That's Magic offense. Magic offense is not Dwight Howard posting up. Magic offense is not jacking up threes all day. Magic offense is getting penetration, then finding open shooters if they can't get a shot off penetration.

The Magic offense will NEVER be like you describe it. Howard will get no more than 10-12 shots when the Magic are their best.
    Points in the paint needs to start with Howard. If he's not getting touches, they're not moving the ball or finding the open man. Their outside shooting is atrocious lately, so they need to go inside and Howard needs more touches. Touches, not necessarily shots.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

Points in the paint needs to start with Howard. If he's not getting touches, they're not moving the ball or finding the open man. Their outside shooting is atrocious lately, so they need to go inside and Howard needs more touches. Touches, not necessarily shots.

Exactly right, he doesn't always have to shoot inside to be effective, get some touches, have the defense collapse and kick it out to the open shooter.

I beg to differ. Points in the paint end with Howard. They need to go inside, you're right...but with Shard and Hedo. Game 1, first half...why did the Magic dominate??? Because those to were penetrating. Last night, first half...Rashard got to the paint at east. He was getting layups left and right. When those two penetrate it gets Howard moving and open. The offense starts with those two. The offense never has been focused around Howard...at least not for the last two years. Take it from someone who has seen 90% of their games.

What everyone needs to realize: You cannot give Howard the ball and expect him to score. He's not that good yet.

And your last sentence is horrible. When Howard gets a touch, he's going to either shoot it or turn it over. HE NEVER PASSES. The only touches he needs is when he is under the hoop, or an offensive rebound. To get him quality opportunities, Shard and Hedo need to slash. This is why the Jameer loss is so huge. He created soooooo many great looks for Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by macc View Post
    Exactly right, he doesn't always have to shoot inside to be effective, get some touches, have the defense collapse and kick it out to the open shooter.
    HAHAHA.

Dwight passing. What a joke. What Dwight Howard are you talking about??? He doesn't kick it out to open shooters.

He has 72 3 point assists this year. THAT LESS THAN ONE A GAME.
    He has 112 total assists this year. That's 1.4 a game.

What don't people understand??? DWIGHT DOESN'T PASS THE BALL!!!!

The offense can't be run through Dwight. He will either turn it over or put up a bad shot unless he's under the hoop. The offense has to come to Dwight, and finish with him. YOU CAN'T GIVE HIM THE BALL AND EXPECT HIM TO CREATE A SHOT AND SCORE.

Search for Dwight Howard's name here...http://www.82games.com/0809/RESORT8.HTM

He's near the bottom. He doesn't even make the list for assist/turnovers.

HOWARD DOESN'T RUN THE OFFENSE. There is a reason he doesn't get the ball late in games. He's not clutch. He stagnates the offense. He can't shoot free throws. He's a ball hog.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    HAHAHA.

Dwight passing. What a joke. What Dwight Howard are you talking about??? He doesn't kick it out to open shooters.

He has 72 3 point assists this year. THAT LESS THAN ONE A GAME.
    He has 112 total assists this year. That's 1.4 a game.

What don't people understand??? DWIGHT DOESN'T PASS THE BALL!!!!

The offense can't be run through Dwight. He will either turn it over or put up a bad shot unless he's under the hoop. The offense has to come to Dwight, and finish with him. YOU CAN'T GIVE HIM THE BALL AND EXPECT HIM TO CREATE A SHOT AND SCORE.

Search for Dwight Howard's name here...http://www.82games.com/0809/RESORT8.HTM

He's near the bottom. He doesn't even make the list for assist/turnovers.

HOWARD DOESN'T RUN THE OFFENSE. There is a reason he doesn't get the ball late in games. He's not clutch. He stagnates the offense. He can't shoot free throws. He's a ball hog.

Where did I say that he does it consistantly? Ok nowhere...alright just making sure.

I'm saying he needs to do more of that, I don't need stats on what he has done in the PAST. I'm talking what he can do to IMPROVE the offense in the future. Howard can be a great passer, with his athletic ability he can jump and throw a cross court pass if he wanted to. I do agree that 99% of the time when he gets it he will either bang and get an easy dunk or be to far from the basket and throw a long range hook out there which misses most of the time.

I'm saying if SVG could coach him a little more to be patient with the ball and not force shots he could use his athletic ability along with his court vision and when the defense colsapses on him he can pass the ball out. Thats what people mean by inside out offense.

I know you're a Magic fan and all and take any chance you can to bash Howard all day long but would you really rather have Turk around the peremeter forcing up shots all day? So to me I would rather Howard sit in the lane with his above 55% fg% then Turk with his below 30% fg % jacking up forced shots.

Plus how can you call Howard a ball hog when he shoots on avg 9-15 shots per game, to me that makes absolutley no sense, and when he's making over 50% of his shots consistantly which noone else on the Magic can do, why are you complaining about that?

But all in all my point is he needs more touches, not necessarily shots, run an inside out offense because our peremter is simply not getting it done, hense the reason we're losing 20 pt leads on a regular basis. You may loving bashing Howard all day long but bottom line is if he got more touches in that last game we wouldn't have lost that lead.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast