Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Game 3 Fri April 24th - 1st Round - Western Conference (4) Portland @ (5) Houston

(4) Portland Trailblazers (54-28) vs. (5) Houston Rockets (53-29)

Portland will have the Homecourt Advantage

Series Tied 1-1 Series Breakdown

REGULAR SEASON SERIES
    Rockets Won Season Series 2-1
    Nov. 6: at Trail Blazers 101, Rockets 99 (OT)
    Feb. 24: at Rockets 98, Trail Blazers 94
    Apr. 5: at Rockets 102, Trail Blazers 88

Game 1 -Houston 108 Portland 81
    Game 2 -Portland 107 Houston 103
    Game 3 - Fri. April 24, Portland @ Houston, 9:30 p.m., ESPN

HOUSTON (AP)—The Houston Rockets think they have two of the NBA’s top 1-on-1 defenders in Shane Battier and Ron Artest. They know they’ll have to do a better job after neither could handle Brandon Roy in Game 2.

Portland’s star guard scored 42 points to lead the Trail Blazers to a 107-103 victory Tuesday night that evened their first-round playoff series at 1-1. The Rockets had a 90-minute film session followed by a two-hour practice on Thursday, undoubtedly working on better ways to control Roy, the NBA’s 10th leading scorer.

Game 3 is Friday in Houston.

Artest, in his 10th season, said Roy was the first player to score more than 40 points on him. He made 15 of 27 shots, many of them layups, and went 10-for-12 from the free-throw line.

“I’ve just got to man up and keep him from getting to the basket,” Artest said. “It’s not about being physical, it’s about just playing hard, just adjusting.”

Projected Starting Lineup

PG - Steve Blake
    SG - Brandon Roy
    SF - Nicolas Batum
    PF - LaMarcus Aldridge
    C - Greg Oden

Projected Starting Lineup

PG - Aaron Brooks
    SG - Ron Artest
    SF - Shane Battier
    PF - Luis Scola
    C - Yao Ming

"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

I have a bad feeling about this one but Roy is going to have to come up HUGE again!

Go Portland! Hopefully they can pull it out in Houston!

Machine Gun Kelly!!!!!!

Go houston...i hope houston puuls it off i kno they have the potential to win the game and series....lets go houston!!!!!

I like Houston in this one, not a close one

I don't c Roy scoring over 40 in Houston. They don't really need him to. What they need is for other guys to step up. Travis and Blake need to b ready if Portland is gonna get this one. Of course Portland needs Roy and Aldridge to play well to win, but I don't think they can do it on their own in Houston. And somebody needs to tell McMillan to bring Bayless off the bench to guard Brooks once in a while(not in garbage time after the game is over), he's killin us. I could guard Brooks better than Sergio. There's no excuse for Sergio, he just plays no D at all.

More Wafer and I smell a Brian Cook sighting. Cook could spread the floor from the 4 spot and allow Yao more more room.

I think Houston will get this but with Portland putting up some fight.
    Toronto Raptors ~ Miami Heat ~ Los Angeles Lakers

~ ~

Hope Blazers grab this one, but everyone has to play well to do so. Roy is likely to get shut down by Artest and Battier, so others will need to contribute big.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blowout-Houston wins!

blazerman

this is a pivitol game in this series, I think Roy and Aldridge have good games but Outlaw comes up big for Blazers to win a close one.

portland is 1-9 in their last 10 visits to toyota center. awesome home squad, mediocre road one (pretty much like the rockets, almost spooky identical) so it should be a workmanlike effort from the home team ... 100-90

Huge game. Whoever wins this game will most likely win the series IMO. I know Portland will get other chances if they lose this one, but if they lose this one, I don't c them having enough confidence to pick themselves up later on. We shall c.

Roy will continue his rise to top 5 in this league, he knows kobe will be waiting next round, he's not gonna miss that opportunity. Blazers in a blowout, shocks the world!
    "After I heard we traded B. Marsh, i realized ive been kidding myself all these years, went to the bar and bought a round for the haters, cant beat em join em. My fish have become a joke.
    ::

Were coming out hard and early, quiet the crowd with a nice 30-19 first quarter lead, and then we grind it out from there. B.roy for president, L.A for vice president and G.Oden as secretary of defense! We coming for the chip!
    "After I heard we traded B. Marsh, i realized ive been kidding myself all these years, went to the bar and bought a round for the haters, cant beat em join em. My fish have become a joke.
    ::

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast