Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Why is Phoenix so bad?

Seriously. I look at this team and IMO they are better than what their record shows. Is there something wrong with their chemistry? I would think not. they have athletes with a good character like Nash and G. Hill. Shaq is likeable as a teammate nowadays.

Talent? Shaq is still a 18 and 10 shooting 50% beast. Nash Can still shoot the lights out and is still very good in getting the ball to his men. Jason Richardson is an all world offensive talent. I mean sure he's not a model player but he's not Ricky Davis either. They have good role players like Lopez, Matt Barnes and Amundson.

Whats wrong with them?

Quote Originally Posted by EHL View Post
    Seriously. I look at this team and IMO they are better than what their record shows. Is there something wrong with their chemistry? I would think not. they have athletes with a good character like Nash and G. Hill. Shaq is likeable as a teammate nowadays.

Talent? Shaq is still a 18 and 10 shooting 50% beast. Nash Can still shoot the lights out and is still very good in getting the ball to his men. Jason Richardson is an all world offensive talent. I mean sure he's not a model player but he's not Ricky Davis either. They have good role players like Lopez, Matt Barnes and Amundson.

Whats wrong with them?
    Honestly I think it is more because Nash is getting older and not the same player as he was the past few years. Just like you can tell Duncan is wearing down now.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

They had a bad period with a coach that didn't fit their running style. Then they lost Amare for the rest of the season. Those two factors caused more havoc than anything else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cue 3 pages of bad defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Spurred1 View Post
    They had a bad period with a coach that didn't fit their running style. Then they lost Amare for the rest of the season. Those two factors caused more havoc than anything else.
    this is exactly what I was going to say

Quote Originally Posted by Kakaroach View Post
    Cue 3 pages of bad defense.
    Wrong.

They don't have a bad defense actually.

They don't have a defense at all.

It's because they started the season with a different philosophy. They were told to be a defensive team but that wasn't going to happen. They went back to running and gunning but its a little too late and considering Amar'e is gone for the season. If they started the season running and gunning, they would be in the playoffs.

They are bad because they let D' Antoni leave. It doesn't help that Stoudemire is hurt. It doesn't help they play in the West either.

I don't like to kick a team when there down but the Suns fired Terry Porter beacuse the players didn't want to play defense and now look at them......

I think Phoenix is the most unlucky team in NBA history. What if Joe Johnson didn't break his face in 2005? What if Amare Stoudemire could have come back for the WCF in 2006? What if Amare and Boris Diaw didn't get suspend in 2007? What if Tim Duncan didn't hit that three in 2008? They really should have at least one title by now, it's a shame.

Two reasons:

1. Steve Kerr ****ed them hardcore with bad management

2. They don't play bad defense, they just don't play defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    i don't like girls

Without a doubt they would have had a strong position in the standings and made playoffs for sure had they played in Gentry's system for at least most of the year. Just at the height of their resurgence post Gentry, Amare went down. I don't think anyone is denying they would have been a force to be reckoned with a strong record if they had played with Nash Richardson Hill Amare and Shaq.

However, buying into Terry Porter's more traditional system was their only shot at being a contender. But that change would have taken too much time and/or immediate compliance to change the style they've known so long to be a realistic option.

two words.

steve kerr

We have a lot of talent, but we have absolutely no defense. Teams just have to run pick and roll and if they have an attacking PG or a big man who can consistently hit a 15 footer they will destroy us. The help defense is terrible and when help is there, the other team just kicks it out to wide open 3 point shooters. When Grant Hill is your best defender you are in trouble.

I think we have too many guys on our team who need the ball to be effective (Shaq, Amar'e, Steve, JRich, etc.) and not enough role players. We need perimeter defense. I wouldn't mind trading JRich and as much as I love Shaq I think he should be dealt too. The Cavs were pushing for him at the deadline, and maybe we can deal him in the offseason for Varajeo/Hickson and Pavlovic. It would be more about dumping salary to fill other holes on the team than getting 'equal' return.

All I know is it should be an interesting offseason.

Let's reflect: Trade deadline has just past, now cover Kobe's right eye with a patch for a few months and replace Jackson with Van Gundy. Go!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast