Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Well, we forgot to show up for the 3rd period and gave away 2 points.

PP a complete disaster. One "lucky" goal and a bunch of wasted time.

Down to 8th place now, with Florida ready to catch us tomorrow night and start the end of our season.

Season over? Probably.

yeah ive had it with this team. even if we make the playoffs, we'll get bounced in the first. then sather will throw whatever capspace this team has left at someone who sucks. and we go through the same season next year. ok, not good enough to be a stanley cup contender, not bad enough to be a top 5 pick team.

in three years we may become the new york knicks of hockey.

this was just another disgraceful performance. this team does not in any way shape or form deserve to make the playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

normally i try to remain optomistic. but this was such a bad loss.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan89 View Post
    i cant live through another period of hockey like that...if we do i'm gonna have to alot more heavily

yeah ive had it with this team. even if we make the playoffs, we'll get bounced in the first. then sather will throw whatever capspace this team has left at someone who sucks. and we go through the same season next year. ok, not good enough to be a stanley cup contender, not bad enough to be a top 5 pick team.

Sather's already screwed up the cap enough. We won't have any room left for him to make another bonehead signing. Unless he finds someone to take 2 of his biggest mistakes - Gomez and Rosival.

It would be much better if Sather just went away.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Plains View Post
    Sather's already screwed up the cap enough. We won't have any room left for him to make another bonehead signing. Unless he finds someone to take 2 of his biggest mistakes - Gomez and Rosival.

It would be much better if Sather just went away.
    first of all, let me be clear. sather should have been fired five years ago. any other owner would have done so.

if sather does remain here (which i completely expect), all i want him to do is use that cap to resign staal long term and sign zherdev to a decent contract. those two can be the future of this team and i dont want them under any circumstances to be risked.

but i know sather believes this team is one piece away (which i suppose isnt too far fetched). but whether or not its true i dont trust him to be able to acquire that piece.

OK guys you wanted my story and here it goes :

Great Start to the game there was a Potvin Sucks chant and I shouted Potvin sucks and felt like the only one that did it SO if you heard just one voice that was me. We had the chances to score I mean we had what 4 powerplays just in the first period. The powerplays were like a godsend because of Henrik going down because of all the back to back pp's he got some what like 6-8mins of rest that I think he really needed. A lot of Rangers fans there too. That penalty on Avery was such bs because he got pushed into ward. And here is one thing i cant understand why were the fans booing avery every time he touched the puck...its not like he played for them. Can't think of anything else...just ask and ill answer

Rob

yeah i don't see why everyone boo's avery..he had nothing with the canes..and i def heard at least one potvin sucks voice..however, avery may have been pushed into ward but he grabbed his mask and wouldnt let go..thats where the penalty was.

first of all, let me be clear. sather should have been fired five years ago. any other owner would have done so.

if sather does remain here (which i completely expect), all i want him to do is use that cap to resign staal long term and sign zherdev to a decent contract. those two can be the future of this team and i dont want them under any circumstances to be risked.

but i know sather believes this team is one piece away (which i suppose isnt too far fetched). but whether or not its true i dont trust him to be able to acquire that piece.
    I too have been calling for Sather's head for years - long before the lockout. And, yes, we all know Sather isn't getting fired because the owner is an even bigger idiot.

If Sather thinks this team is one player away (I assume we're talking about contending for a cup), it shows just how clueless he is. We don't even have a number one line - realistically, we don't have a #1 center, #1 RW or #1 LW. Gomez is a #2 at best, Callahan has been real good this year (and maybe our best forward), but right now he's also a 2nd line player. And LW is a bunch of 3rd line players. There's no way to contend with such a weak 1st line.

Add in a defense that doesn't provide enough offense (especially on the PP) and lacks any real toughness or punisher.

As for Zherdev, I'm not so high. His second half has been disappointing big time. I wouldn't give him big money or a long term deal. I've said this before - he reminds me too much of Alex Kovolev. Plenty of talent, but too many games where he's invisible. And too many times over handling the puck, only to lose it or throw it away while trying to beat 3 guys alone. I see now why Hitchcock gave up on him, even with all that talent and so young.
    Last edited by Desert Plains; 04-03-2009 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IU Hoosiers 3 View Post
    yeah i don't see why everyone boo's avery..he had nothing with the canes..and i def heard at least one potvin sucks voice..however, avery may have been pushed into ward but he grabbed his mask and wouldnt let go..thats where the penalty was.
    WOOO that might have been me lol Ahh see i didnt see that I was down on the other side when it happened. But thanks for pointing out. We got really screwed I personally think by not capitalizing on the powerplays we got. Also the fourth goal absolutely said game over.

I'm sorry but I've yet to see anything out of Zheredev that makes me think of him as the future of this club!!! As for Staal why people are so in love with him I have yet to figure out, what I see when I watch him play is a guy who is slow with the puck, has very limited offensive ability & seems to be on the ice when ever a big goal against is scored. Not to mention I would prefer him to play a grittier game. Like I said before to me he is not a top defensman a # 2 or 3 guy ok but not a # 1. Girardi imo has far more up side. What they need to do is get Naslund off this team for next season. Nobodies going to take Gomez or Drury no other g.m. would be stupid enough to pay 7 mill. to a 65 point guy. I hate to say it but this team does not belong in the playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by trueblue4life View Post
    WOOO that might have been me lol Ahh see i didnt see that I was down on the other side when it happened. But thanks for pointing out. We got really screwed I personally think by not capitalizing on the powerplays we got. Also the fourth goal absolutely said game over.
    haha yeah i figured u didn't see it cause i was flippin out before i saw the replay..idc what avery does cause we need him and teams pay wayy too much attention on him that might help us open up other scoring chances for other guys on the line and such..

and liltedspop..btw staalzy is a great up and coming defender..he has a long stick and has a nice shot from the point..just give him a little time to bloom. that family has produced nothing but great players so just wait for him to be one of the best defenders in the league.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123