Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the better Knicks defender?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wilson Chandler

12 52.17%
  • Larry Hughes

11 47.83%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I like em both alot as defenders..... but if I had to pick one it would be Chandler because of his strength.

Jerome James was our best defender!
    "Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

Its deff. Wilson because Huges isnt that good of a defender and Wilson is an above average defender. Huges has quick hands and is good in the passing lanes but doesnt have the ablity to shut down big time scorers. Wilson on the other hand has the size strengh and mentalty to do that. He can get steals blocks shots and is a perfect size to guard 1-4

I agree, Chandler is the better defender. He seems to try very hard on both sides of the court and always plays his hardest. He has the quickness fot steals which he converts on the other side of the court and can also swat balls. He had 3 blocks the other game. His one on one is also very good.

Chandler...Hughes isn't getting any better defensively, Chandler's only in his 2nd season
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKnickFanatic View Post
    You know youre a Knicks fan when no matter how bad they suck, and all the wrong moves they make, and all the stupid crap they do, you stand by them, rooting for them, hoping they can turn it around soon!

Both are great defenders, but Wilson has more hustle to his step.

Props to mdlr52192

Larry Hughes is the better defender but Chandler has a better defensive presence on the court...

I wouldn't stick Chandler on the other teams best scorer but he would go out there to do all the lil things defensively to make a impact rebound, steal, and block

Hughes is more of a lockdown type defender... you put him on a scoring PG/SG and he will agitate them all game. Force a few turnovers (create fast break opportunities), make steals, and get a few easy blocks

https://twitter.com/#!/JohnnyTroubleLC
    Follow Me on Twitter -> @JohnnyTroubleLC [strictly comedy & my daily ramblings]

Chandler

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble87 View Post
    Larry Hughes is the better defender but Chandler has a better defensive presence on the court...

I wouldn't stick Chandler on the other teams best scorer but he would go out there to do all the lil things defensively to make a impact rebound, steal, and block

Hughes is more of a lockdown type defender... you put him on a scoring PG/SG and he will agitate them all game. Force a few turnovers (create fast break opportunities), make steals, and get a few easy blocks
    Yeah I agree.

If you put huges on the other teams best scorer hes going to get torched. getting steals dont make you a great defender. He isnt that good he makes great defensive plays at times but thats it.

I went with hughes, but after reading yalls posts you convinced me....I change my vote beacuse of chandlers ability to guard multiple positions. so -1 hughes +1 thrill

Ewing

I think Jared is actually the best defender on the team. He 's a horrible offensive player but he is the team's best defender IMO

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I think Jared is actually the best defender on the team. He 's a horrible offensive player but he is the team's best defender IMO
    I think that ared effries has the best skils on D, but he can't guard multiple positions because of his lack of strength, for instance he could guard cp3 but if he had to slide to check tyson chandler he's get beasted, will could guard both positions and the 2 the 3 and the 4. so I do think that effries does a great job playin D on guards

Right now I'd have to give it to Hughes. He stays aware 100% of the time on defense. Chandler, on the other hand, is great on his man (better than Hughes 1 on 1) but doesn't really rotate that well IMO. His help defense could use some work.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble87 View Post

I see it more the other way. Watch how Hughes jumps over to pick up the other guard when needed. Then watch Chandler not rotate over when Lee needs help on the other forward. Then again, Lee always needs help so that might not be a fair comparison.
    Member of the Owlluminati

Quote Originally Posted by James Madison
    "Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."
    2011 Knicks Salary Cap Information

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12