Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the better Knicks defender?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wilson Chandler

12 52.17%
  • Larry Hughes

11 47.83%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Better Defender: Chandler or Hughes ?

Hey we all know that those two are probably our best defenders on the Knicks. Who do you think is the best defender though?

WILSON CHANDLER
    http://media.sacbee.com/smedia/2008/...ffiliate.4.JPG

OR

LARRY HUGHES
    http://blog.masslive.com/sports_impa...c27ffefc4d.jpg
    Last edited by SLY WILLIAMS; 03-29-2009 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Only links to pictures are allowed. Sorry.

Chandler's a more versatile defender. He can guard the 2 , 3, and 4 with relatively good ability and can block shots.

Hughes can guard only the 2 and has more awareness (i.e. steals)

At the end of the day, I'd take Chandler although Hughes in his prime was an awesome defender.

I think Chandler is the better defender. Hughes is solid but I think he sometimes gambles on steals and that sometimes makes him seem like a better defender than he is. We have seen several players have huge nights scoring on Hughes.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite regardless of their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful, dishonest, or an extremist type poster I may not waste my time replying to you.

Hughes is more of a disruptive defender than a great one........Chandler has potential to be one of the most versatile defenders in the league and a possible shut down defender on smaller guards, Hughes claim to fame was leading the league in steals years ago

Hughes. Chandler is good and him playing on Paul impressed me but he has not been consistently good 1 on 1, but I love how he gets after blocks

good question.. should maybe put a poll up but in my opinion like some of you had said is chandler is more versatile and can block shots hughes to me can guard a 1-2 and maybe a 3 and chandler can guard all 5 positions if needed

KnicksR4Real
    ^^^^^Props to my man for this sick SIG!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BelieveTheDream View Post
    good question.. should maybe put a poll up but in my opinion like some of you had said is chandler is more versatile and can block shots hughes to me can guard a 1-2 and maybe a 3 and chandler can guard all 5 positions if needed
    O yea.... I agree I should've had a poll. Is there any way I can put one up now?

Hughes

Quote Originally Posted by BelieveTheDream View Post
    Agreed, and i think he will be the better defender, but right now as we speak I think Hughes gets it, and to the OP I think a mod can add a poll for you, I THINK

Ill Will

Hughes. Chandler is more versatile of course but Larry gets many deflections and he has good awareness

I like them both on defense. But I think that Chandler is better.

Is chandler holdin the guys d**ck ? Now thats defending LOL

Oh, and I'd pick chandler. He can defend different guys, and blocks. Larry Hughes is good but can really only guard the 1 or 2 n steal. But hughes does bring a bigger defensive intensity to the team, which is always welcomed.

Hughes

as Believe would say "The Silent Assassin"
    Our present and future

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast