Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Could OKC be a top 5 team in the West Next Year if........

They get the #1 pick and draft Griffin.

They pick up Ben Gordon in the offseason

Russel Westbrook
    Ben Gordon
    Kevin Durant
    Jeff Green
    Blake Griffin

Griffin will be an impact player next year IMO. Gordon is a very nice 20 PPG compliment to Durant. Westbrook is turning into a top PG. Jeff Green will contribute 16-17 a night.

That team would be a top 5 team in the West next season IMO.

Best/Creepiest scene of LOST. Ever.

They won't get the #1 pick though. Instead of going after Gordon, I heard they are most likely going after Paul Millsap or David Lee this off-season. And no, they would not be a top 5 team. Might make the playoffs if their lucky though.

a stop 5 team?

..and no they dont need Gordon...if they wanna be a top 5 team next year they will have to desperately overpay for Boozer and some more

No. Griffin cannot play C in the NBA. He'd get demolished as a rookie playing C. You'd have absolutely horrid D on the wings with Durant and Gordon.

If they end up with Thabeet, and improve their bench and durant becomes a better defender, they could maybe be a playoff team next year, maybe, but I doubt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    i don't like girls

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobjarree View Post
    a stop 5 team?

..and no they dont need Gordon...if they wanna be a top 5 team next year they will have to desperately overpay for Boozer and some more
    FML

if a mod would be nice enough to change it to top that would be great

I really don't like the thought of Griffin starting at center, especially his rookie season.

I would go like this

Westbrook
    Gordon
    Durant
    Griffin
    Kristic

Sixth Man: Jeff Green

Now, could they be a top five team next season? It's tough to say because of how competitive the West is. But some consistent contenders year in and year out will be getting older and next year might be that transition period where they don't make the playoffs and take the first baby steps of rebuilding. (I.E. Mavs, Suns,) But, still but I would not bet money on OKC being a top five team. Although anything can happen.

No. They still wouldnt be better then any of the playoff teams right now IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Iodine View Post
    Josh is like sex, but better
    Follow me on Twitter! @ josh_the_truth

I'm in Chicago and Gordon is all offense NO D which makes him a liability. I wouldn't want him on my team.

NBA 2K9 thinks so.

With many teams getting older....Spurs, Mavs, Phx...New Orleans probably not having Chandler next year...if OKC gets Gordon and Griffin they are for sure top 5 IMO.

They will also have a pretty decent bench....Nenad who is very underrated, Collison, Sefalosha who is a gem on defense...

Top 5? Not yet. The West is too competitive.

Could a 6'8" rookie power forward playing at center and a shoot first 6'3" no defense guard for one of the worst teams in the league this year make them top 5 in a year?

Hell no. They'd be like Portland from last year, promising but nothing. Probably a 9-10 seed.

I was really interested to see how they would do with Chandler at center, that would have been a really strong core...

Quote Originally Posted by ttam68 View Post
    Could a 6'8" rookie power forward playing at center and a shoot first 6'3" no defense guard for one of the worst teams in the league this year make them top 5 in a year?

Hell no. They'd be like Portland from last year, promising but nothing. Probably a 9-10 seed.
    First of all, Blake Griffin is 6'10" and not 6'8". Second, Ben Gordon has improved on defense and is around an average defender, or slightly below average, right now. He isn't as bad as people make him out too be, and that is from somebody who watches him every game.

Quote Originally Posted by BullsNumber1Fan View Post
    First of all, Blake Griffin is 6'10" and not 6'8". Second, Ben Gordon has improved on defense and is around an average defender, or slightly below average, right now. He isn't as bad as people make him out too be, and that is from somebody who watches him every game.
    Be that as it may, Griffin can't play C in the NBA. End of story.

BG, while he may not be the horrid defender he once was, is average at best. Put him and Durant at the wings, and you have a very poor defensive tandem at the wings. And I mean horrid.

Adding BG and Griffin to the Thunder in no way shape or form makes them a top 5 team. Which for all relative purposes would mean 50+ wins. There is no way in hell anyone can in their right mind tell me adding Ben Gordon and Blake Griffin would improve your win total by 28-30 games. That is an absurd statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    i don't like girls

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast