Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

McCormick suspended

Right after he cross-checked Cal Clutterbuck in the face last night, I said ďthat probably will get him a suspension.Ē And today, Cody McCormick was in fact suspended by the NHL, for two games.

Clutterbuck had hit Adam Foote earlier, giving Foote a head injury. This was McCormickís response. Later, McCormick fought a much bigger Minnesota Wild player, John Scott.

I think the suspension is proper. McCormick did the right thing sticking up for a teammate, but the wrong thing in going about it. You canít cross-check a guy to the face, and it also came from the side.

Clutterbuck was down for about a minute after the cross-check. McCormick forfeits $5,618.28 to the NHLís Players Emergency Assistance Fund.

Heíll be eligible to play again Tuesday - in Minnesota.

With Foote out, Lawrence Nycholat is expected to make his Avalanche debut against the Oil. Matt Hendricks was sent back down to Lake Erie, with the return tomorrow of Cody McLeod.

I didnít see the Clutterbuck hit on Foote, and Tony Granato said he didnít see it either when I asked him about it last night. So, I canít comment on what I think of it.
    http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2009...ick-suspended/

Are team is turning into a bunch of goons. Cody was in a postion to be a good hard check on him and instead crosschecked him in the face.

I do think the NHL is making a mistake with him becoming eligble in the game against the Wild. It's almost a setup for a retaliation.

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

i didnt get to see it cuz nobody has had a stream for the last 2 games..luckily the next 2 will be on tv