Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

If Nuggets make it to the playoffs, out after 1st...

I am so tired of watchin these Nuggets.... i think the final straw is having a huge 19 point lead AT Utah w/o K-Mart and a decent back up PG and we'll prob lose my double digits. How is it we play with a fire for only half a game ... either its the first half or 2nd half or the 1st and 3rd quarter than sleep on the 4th .... George Karl decided not to make any trades because he didnt want to ruin the chemistry .... he was so blinded by Billups (dont get me wrong he is sweet) but he forgot about the jazz being hurt all year and still somewhat in it. We struggle vs crappy teams and def can not beat the good teams. we have so many injury risk in our big men yet we pick up petro ... and thats it. AC sucks yet Karl is some reason in love with this guy and plays him for crazy minutes. I mean i want the nugs to go all the way ...but i guess the only good thing in seeing the nugs lose in the first round again this year is hopefully they fire karl after this year. Siiiiiigh.

i actually think they will make it to second round. they have played to hard to go out in the first once again. I do agree Karl should be fired. Regardless of how AI was bad for the team, we should have been able to win at least one game last year against the lakers.

Aside from the Lakers, no team is guaranteed to make the 2nd round, even if the Nuggets lose in the first round theyve made alot of progress as a team, well unless they completely flail out in the playoffs like last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Denva4Life View Post
    I am so tired of watchin these Nuggets.... i think the final straw is having a huge 19 point lead AT Utah w/o K-Mart and a decent back up PG and we'll prob lose my double digits. How is it we play with a fire for only half a game ... either its the first half or 2nd half or the 1st and 3rd quarter than sleep on the 4th .... George Karl decided not to make any trades because he didnt want to ruin the chemistry .... he was so blinded by Billups (dont get me wrong he is sweet) but he forgot about the jazz being hurt all year and still somewhat in it. We struggle vs crappy teams and def can not beat the good teams. we have so many injury risk in our big men yet we pick up petro ... and thats it. AC sucks yet Karl is some reason in love with this guy and plays him for crazy minutes. I mean i want the nugs to go all the way ...but i guess the only good thing in seeing the nugs lose in the first round again this year is hopefully they fire karl after this year. Siiiiiigh.
    When we start going on a winning streak you will wish you didn't post this lol.. Where is the optimism?? Now that our crappy schedule is behind us were going on a winning streak!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Aside from the Lakers, no team is guaranteed to make the 2nd round, even if the Nuggets lose in the first round theyve made alot of progress as a team, well unless they completely flail out in the playoffs like last year.
    I remember some people saying the same thing about the mavericks when they faced the warriors.

I think the nuggets can do some real damage in the post-season. They have two great players in billups and anthony and a great cast around them. Watch out for them

So disappointed about ruining our 19 point lead...

Quote Originally Posted by AK-47 View Post
    I remember some people saying the same thing about the mavericks when they faced the warriors.
    But if the Lakers play Dallas they should win that series in no more than 6 games.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

I think the nuggets are better than people think.

Its all about focus and determination. The Nuggets lost those two things in the 2nd half. You would think that Billups being the leader that he is would have made sure that they would not have had a mental slump, just like back in Detroit I guess. But I think they will make it past the first round if they face the Mavs, Suns, or Blazers.

Quote Originally Posted by AK-47 View Post
    THe Lakers aren't the Mavericks though.

Quote Originally Posted by Denva4Life View Post
    I know how it feels when your team blows a huge lead against a rival (), but I think you're being too harsh on this Nuggets team. Every team has its struggles and slumps during a season (82 games is a lot to play, so you're not going to find perfection all the time).

Don't forget that the Lakers, seemingly invincible to a lot of people, lost to Sacramento, Indiana (although they've knocked off a few giants now, so I'm not sure if they count ) and Charlotte. The thing to look out for is how the team responds to blowing that lead. If they come out and play some good basketball, and show better focus when they've got leads in the futue, then you know they've learned from it.

Every team has bumps along the way, loses focus and just has a bad night. The team is still greatly improved from last year and should make some noise in the play-offs, mainly due to the improved defense.

tbh the Nuggets really impressed me for the majority of the first half of last nights game. If they can keep that up for 48 minutes a game for the rest of the season and the playoffs they would definatly have homecourt and probably be in the second round. If you play like the second half Nuggets for the rest of the season, then you will flunder out in the first round to the Spurs or Lakers.

You've still got a lot to be confident about though, and are still very much in the hunt for 3rd seed, maybe even the second seed.

me personally though, I dont think you'll get homecourt and go out to the Jazz or Hornets in the first round.

Dude you're making a big deal out of one game?

Totally thread worthy......

The Nuggets will get to the semis at least.

the way the have been playin the last ten games is nothing like the other 50. i mean we're what, 3-7? that doesn't happen, this team is s39-20 with chauncey and finally a contender

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast