Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    Russell the Muscle will last all season. He's extremely powerful and he can be dominant against right-handed pitching at times. I don't like that they keep talking about putting him out there against lefties too, but as a platoon guy I think he'll more than earn his salary. If he ends up on the bench, it'll be because a young guy is playing great ball and earns the job, which would be awesome. I do not expect that to happen though.
    Today at Spring Training, Branyan and Sweeney were virtually inseparable. They were the only two taking any balls at 1b. Probably means nothing, but I'm going to be watching that one closely as the spring goes on.

What's the latest on Jeff Clement? Will he be on the roster?
    Thanks Donnie Baseball, B dAwK 20, and Poncho_707!!!

I'd figure he is a lock. He started off slow this spring but has been getting better every game.

"King Felix has hurled more mega quality starts since 2010 than 14 entire MLB teams."
    http://dynamik-farr.deviantart.com/

What about Shelton, he is killing the ball at .516... I cant believe in every post his name is never mentioned. I know he this is his usual approach to the beginning of every season then he declines off a cliff but we should all hope that he can turn it around this year and stay on track. If he could hit all season like he does in the beginning of season then were set at 1b. I havent really paid attention but how is he fairing against rightys vs leftys.

He's gonna make the team as a platoon first baseman next to Russell Branyan.

So Shelton taking the lefty's and Russell the muscle taking righty's, and Sweeny DH'ing lefty's and Griff DH'ing Rightys?

Vs Lefty's w/DH

Ichiro RF
    Chavez LF
    Lopez 2b
    Beltre 3b
    Sweeny DH
    Shelton 1b
    Kenji C
    Yuni SS
    Franklin CF

Vs Rightys w/DH

Ichiro RF
    Chavez LF
    Lopez 2b
    Beltre 3b
    Griff DH
    Branyon 1b
    Clement C (Although I heard he hits lefty's better)
    Yuni SS
    Franklin CF

This is just what I am gathering by what everyone is saying. Let me know what you think.

^ I like the idea, but eventually we should have the lefty vs righty ratio a bit more spread out. As in I wouldn't put Griff, Branyon and Clement all in a row.

"King Felix has hurled more mega quality starts since 2010 than 14 entire MLB teams."

Quote Originally Posted by Boozerguy47 View Post
    ^ I like the idea, but eventually we should have the lefty vs righty ratio a bit more spread out. As in I wouldn't put Griff, Branyon and Clement all in a row.
    Yeah that was kinda dumb, didnt even think about the order with all the leftys in a row. Did anyone else read Jim Streets blog saying he doesnt believe that Chris Shelton will make the big league roster due to not having any room? I have a hard time believing that. Any thoughts on that?

http://jimstreet.mlblogs.com/

It is going to be either Shelton or Sweeney, but not both. No way they carry 3 first basemen, and then they also have Clement too.

^ Just about sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by MattColby View Post
    It is going to be either Shelton or Sweeney, but not both. No way they carry 3 first basemen, and then they also have Clement too.
    Jim also said Jeff would not make the club and Rob Johnson would.

Quote Originally Posted by JLEUE View Post
    Jim also said Jeff would not make the club and Rob Johnson would.
    I've heard that too, but it is hard to believe. Even so, with or without Clement, I still don't see all three of them making the club.

jim street is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by weebs View Post
    jim street is an idiot.
    yes he is. His title should be M's fluff writer

Quote Originally Posted by weebs View Post
    jim street is an idiot.
    Yeah i gathered that as well, most of the stuff i've read is a little off which is why I have a hard time with how does he write for the Mariners homepage.

Griffey is starting to look much more comfortable at the plate, and whats up with RRS, everytime he goes on the mound he has been getting shelled! I starting to worry a little about our starting 5. Any thoughts on this or other peoples ideas on our rotation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12