Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arm Sleeves

Arm Sleeves

Alot of nba players are wearing the arm sleeves, it seems like the new trend nowadays. I was just wondering, who started wearing it first?
    And does it really help nba players? Just curious...haha

http://lakers.topbuzz.com/gallery/d/...oting+form.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/nba.fanhouse....allen-soft.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...RA98W/340x.jpg

I think Kobe Bryant started wearing them first.

the full sleeve was another trend that AI started
    and yeah, EVERYONE is wearing the sleeves now. AI started back in like 97 I think. But this year it really started to become a true trend. last year too, but this year there's at least 3 players on each team rocking one

To be honest, the first player I remember wearing them was Iverson. AI was always one to wear a lot of gear when he plays. I remember him wearing the arm sleeve back in Phili. I googled AI + Philli and I saw a few pics of him wearing them.

Personally, I usually don't wear any extra gear when I play ball, but recently I tried out the arm sleeve. It does keep your arm warm and it feels good, but it does get annoying. People are always swiping at the ball and hitting it, so it ends up sliding down. If it's really fitted then you might not have that problem. In all honesty you don't need any extra gear to play basketball (Unless it's protective gear). People just wear gear because it looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlight View Post
    To be honest, the first player I remember wearing them was Iverson. AI was always one to wear a lot of gear when he plays. I remember him wearing the arm sleeve back in Phili. I googled AI + Philli and I saw a few pics of him wearing them.

Personally, I usually don't wear any extra gear when I play ball, but recently I tried out the arm sleeve. It does keep your arm warm and it feels good, but it does get annoying. People are always swiping at the ball and hitting it, so it ends up sliding down. If it's really fitted then you might not have that problem. In all honesty you don't need any extra gear to play basketball (Unless it's protective gear). People just wear gear because it looks good.
    I agree. I don't like extra gear on when I play. The only thing I sometimes use is a headband if I keep getting sweat in my eyes. But our basketball team has a no headband rule, so it didn't do me much good there.

i wear a black mouthpiece when i play ball. sometimes i'll wear compression sleeves on my calves just to keep them warm. they help, but start bugging when they begin to slide down all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlight View Post

Oh true, AI wears alot of gear. Yeah I was just curious if the arms sleeves actuallly helped out. Yeah, when I play ball I use to wear an elbow band to wipe of sweat, but now I don't it just gets annoying and kinda itchy for me haha. I guess you're right the extra gears are just mostly for aesthetic function.

i've worn a sleeve in a game before, theres noting wrong with it, it doesnt help you or anything really, but it doesnt make it worse, i thought it was quite annoying but in the end i thought it was okay.

some players wear them coz they have injuries and have tape over things and wear a sleeve over it

plz everyone get it right ai started wearing it back in 2000

AI wore the compression sleeve in the 1999/2000... it kind of picked up after that (like braids did)

I wore one in highschool to keep my shooting arm warm... didnt last long though I could never get used to it

I see they are making ones with padded elbows now so at least they have some real purpose other than arm warmer... it's funny back in the day no one ever wanted to wear protective gear. I got laughed off the court for wearing that compression sleeve

https://twitter.com/#!/JohnnyTroubleLC
    Follow Me on Twitter -> @JohnnyTroubleLC [strictly comedy & my daily ramblings]

Quote Originally Posted by Torque View Post
    I think Kobe Bryant started wearing them first.
    No, but I believe he did start wearing the fruity tights first.

i thought AI had to wear it cus he had some offensive tattoos? i heard that a while ago but im not sure

I thought AI, could be wrong though. Sort of started because of offensive tattoos so I think the league started it. Well not NBA, maybe college.

iverson started wearing the arm sleeves, kobe started wearing the half sleeves

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast