Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shawn Marion: It's all about "high scoring games and dunks"!!!

"I'm tired of playing that boring style in the half court, watching everybody just go up and run plays, call this play. That's boring. The fans don't enjoy it either. People like to see you get up and down, have high-scoring games and dunks and all that stuff. That's what it's about."
    http://******.com/src_wiretap_archiv..._boring_style/

What do you guys think of his statement?
    Last edited by fairandbalanced; 02-17-2009 at 11:06 PM.

genius

^^^userbar by sfgiants5518

^^^sig by rdwilliamson

That's why he's not highly regarded around this league. It's proof he's not a winner.

^ No it's not. It's not proof of anything except he likes a running style of ball.

Quote Originally Posted by fairandbalanced View Post

Here's my beef. Have any of y'all seen any team win the championship, playing the way Shawn (good bye) Marion just described. I mean, sitting beside your gm and saying that is just plain dumb. I am glad Miami got rid of hin, now he could run and dunk in Toronto all he wants.
    Is this another one of your "fair and balanced" threads??

Quote Originally Posted by fairandbalanced View Post

Here's my beef. Have any of y'all seen any team win the championship, playing the way Shawn (good bye) Marion just described. I mean, sitting beside your gm and saying that is just plain dumb. I am glad Miami got rid of hin, now he could run and dunk in Toronto all he wants.

This one great Lakers team won the championship by playing the way Shawn (hello, put us over the top) Marion just described. Maybe it's just me, but I think the "Showtime" Lakers we're pretty much run and gun. Not comparing Toronto to that team (or even near/worth speaking about it), but it's possible and obviously has been done.

Quote Originally Posted by AFlagRules View Post
    This one great Lakers team won the championship by playing the way Shawn (hello, put us over the top) Marion just described. Maybe it's just me, but I think the "Showtime" Lakers we're pretty much run and gun. Not comparing Toronto to that team (or even near/worth speaking about it), but it's possible and obviously has been done.
    Laker?Lakers? you're talking about the Lakers?..........The Lakers are the KING of half-court B Ball, I mean they value dominant big man like the rest of us value Jordan.

Whatever, he obviously didn't fit into our style of play.

If thats what he wants to do, then he can do it.... in fairness, Marion never won games playing any half court basketball. The Suns won a **** load of games and were contenders playing fast paced, all the slow paced teams hes been a part of have been mediocre at best... just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by IRUAM #21 View Post
    Whatever, he obviously didn't fit into our style of play.
    Fair comment. There's no doubt he's not a half-court player.

you could argue that the showtime lakers ran a run and gun offense more so than a half court. But they ran a great fast pace offense because they had great defense. So if Shawn really wants to play like this, than he and the rest of the team have to step up their D.

Marion and Nash need D'antoni

I think we'll see Shawn Marion leave the NBA for And1.

Kyle N. your sig is the BOMB!

And regarding this, the Raptors are trying to run a more "free" offence, so maybe it will benefit him.

^ Agreed i could see Marion's numbers going up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast