Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Arlington, Texas - Home of the Cowboys and Rangers

Why wasn't Chris Paul named All Star Game MVP?

I didnt watch the game, and I havent read the All Star thread, but someone explain to me how Shaq and Kobe got it and Chris Paul didn't?

Sure seems like a bunch of ESPN/NBA ********, trying to promote the big "Kobe/Shaq playing together thing"

Chris Paul: 14 pts, 14 assists, 7 rebounds, 3 steals

Kobe Bryant: 27 pts, 4 assists, 4 rebounds, 4 steals

Shaquille O'Neal: 17 pts, 3 assists, 5 rebounds, 1 block

Quote Originally Posted by BlondeBomber41 View Post
    I didnt watch the game, and I havent read the All Star thread, but someone explain to me how Shaq and Kobe got it and Chris Paul didn't?

Sure seems like a bunch of ESPN/NBA ********, trying to promote the big "Kobe/Shaq playing together thing"

Chris Paul: 14 pts, 14 assists, 7 rebounds, 3 steals

Kobe Bryant: 27 pts, 4 assists, 4 rebounds, 4 steals

Shaquille O'Neal: 17 pts, 3 assists, 5 rebounds, 1 block
    that's why.

“My team is a super team, just young.” - Kings GM Vlade Divac. June 21, 2018

Why ask the question that you already know the answer to?

That being said, Chris Paul is a bad ***.

Seriously. WHO CARES???

It's a meaningless award, in a meaningless game. The players don't care, why do you care? It's all for the fans, nothing serious, thats why Kobe and Shaq were named co-MVPs, makes a good story. It doesn't matter.

Kobe deserved it more than the other two. Shaq was added for sentimental reasons as well as the fact he had some great highlight plays. I had no problem with the picks.

shaq got it cuz he brought the west back in it, then they took a comanding league while shaq was freakin it. and kobe is just kobe you cant stop him. kobe should have gotten it hisself, shaq got a peice of it cuz of him and kobe, but he was also a big part of the west victory

Quote Originally Posted by yojoe792 View Post
    Seriously. WHO CARES???

It's a meaningless award, in a meaningless game. The players don't care, why do you care? It's all for the fans, nothing serious, thats why Kobe and Shaq were named co-MVPs, makes a good story. It doesn't matter.
    Yeah its for the fans, and real fans wanna see the most deserving player get the award and not just who they wanna give it to.

Yeah its for the fans, and real fans wanna see the most deserving player get the award and not just who they wanna give it to.
    Well, Kobe got at least the co-MVP so stop complaining buddy. You didn't even watch the game. Watch it and you will see why Kobe and even Shaq deserved it.

Close the thread. I looked it up and it wasn't rigged.

There is some intrigue behind how the vote was awarded and why Kobe and Shaq split the honor. The media accounts for 75 percent of the total vote, which in this case was nine out of 12 votes. The final three votes came as a result of fan voting, with the top vote-getter earning two points and the runner-up getting a point. Alas, Shaq won the media vote 5-4 over Kobe, while Bryant claimed the fan vote as O’Neal finished second (2-1 Kobe). That gave both players six votes in an almost comical twist of fate.
    The large majority of fans voted for Kobe and the media voted for Shaq (of course...LOL), which caused there to be an exact tie.

^^^ Someone is getting way too upset that another person would question Kobe getting an award.

^^^ Someone is getting way too upset that another person would question Kobe getting an award.
    there are some real die hard kobe fans on here that are sensitive to any slight(real or otherwise)towards him

I'm not upset. I am actually cracking up at the Jet v. Glove dance-off on NBA.COM. Just trying to show you why your assertions have no merit.

Quote Originally Posted by abe_froman View Post
    there are some real die hard kobe fans on here that are sensitive to any slight(real or otherwise)towards him
    Never knew sensitivity is a direct correlation to proving a fact. Fact remains is that Shaquille O'neal won the media vote and Bryant won the fan vote in such a way that caused them to become co-MVP's. Simply spreading knowledge; no "sensitivity" there.

Quote Originally Posted by ARMIN12NBA View Post
    I'm not upset. I am actually cracking up at the Jet v. Glove dance-off on NBA.COM. Just trying to show you why your assertions have no merit.
    They both played 29 minutes and Chris Pauls numbers were much more complete.

Yeah Kobe had 27 points, but he took 23 shots in 29 minutes.

The rest of the All Star starters took 33 shots combined.

Brandon Roy took 8 shots in 31 minutes, two more minutes than Kobe played.

See my point?

Chris Paul should of been MVP. Any unbias person can see that.

Quote Originally Posted by ARMIN12NBA View Post
    Never knew sensitivity is a direct correlation to proving a fact. Fact remains is that Shaquille O'neal won the media vote and Bryant won the fan vote in such a way that caused them to become co-MVP's. Simply spreading knowledge; no "sensitivity" there.
    The whole point of this thread was for me to complain about how a deserving player didnt get the award because the media wanted the bigger story, and your whole point is more proof of what I am saying.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast