Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

What do you think about Fleury...?

i cant figure out how i feel about Marc-Andre. i know im going to sound like a fair weather fan but i just cant get over how inconsistent he is. he has shown flashes of amazement yes, but he has also showed flashes of horribleness... is that a word? anyways... ty conklin did awesome for us last year when fleury went out, so i know we could get to the playoffs with someone else. i really would like for fleury to decide whether he's going to be awesome, or just average. what do u guys think...overrated? or key part to our success...

Quote Originally Posted by J13Cox8 View Post
    i cant figure out how i feel about Marc-Andre. i know im going to sound like a fair weather fan but i just cant get over how inconsistent he is. he has shown flashes of amazement yes, but he has also showed flashes of horribleness... is that a word? anyways... ty conklin did awesome for us last year when fleury went out, so i know we could get to the playoffs with someone else. i really would like for fleury to decide whether he's going to be awesome, or just average. what do u guys think...overrated? or key part to our success...
    Im writing this half in the bag and at 3am EST but I am scared about The Flower if were banking on this kid to come up big and lead us into the playoffs and he cant do it then were wasting our young talent. We have guys who are signed and would are young and great players... if we have a goalie who cant win games for us and keep us in games maybe we should look for a veteran goalie who can do that instead of someone who is inconsistent . I know he is young but can we afford to take a chance and see if he becomes the fleury of last year or was that just a one year wonder. he sucks at rebounds

i love fleury, he is my fav goalie he still has some work to do but he can come up big for us when we need him too as shown in last years playoffs hes not havin a good season because the pens arent having a good season.
    **** SIGS

when you are facing 20 shots a period and your defence is not clearing the front of the net. Htis creates a screene on every shot it is hard not to give up goals. He should control his rebounds more but his defence should also be getting the puck out from in front of the net and not letting the opponents have 2 or 3 shots every time. Hit someone and get the puck out of the zone. The pens are in need of a reminder on defencesive zone tactics. They are out worked and seem only want to play in one end of the rink not their's. Defence wins and right now they are not playing it or even working at it. Play your position and finnish your checks. This includes evryone even the stars. Play solid potional defencesive hockey out work the other team. The Pens need to show some heart. In conclusion do not give up on Fluery just yet, give him part of the blame put it is not all his.

of course it is not all his fault. in no way am i saying that. i agree that our defense gives up way too many shots and arent physical enough. thi is why i wanna get chris pronger in here. but my point about fleury is his inconsistency. i know there is never going to be a goalie that wins every game he plays, but this is ridiculous. the rebounds he gives up is horrible. his puck control is horrible. i know benching him would kill his confidence but sometimes we have to think about NOW, and not the future. listen guys i do love fleury, i do. but i just get irritated by his inconsistency, who doesnt really?

WHAT he was amazing last night. he just needs a good defence that's all. last night he never gave up and was the only one out there that wanted to win that game. the d was just standing around doing nothing.

i love the chris pronger idea. CHRIS PRONGER come on ray.

He faced way too many shots last night his defense didn't help him out at all.

it wasnt just last night though. its been all year. he faces alot of shots, absolutely. but a goaltender's job is to stop those shots. he isnt producing statistically this year. and dont tell me its because gonchar and whitney were injured. injuries are not an excuse. every athlete who has any sense of dignity will tell you that too. the so called big time players need to step up when they are needed, just like malkin last year. this is why people are awarded the contracts they get. its an expectation. fleury needs to stop giving up so many rebounds.