Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just allow it!!

Just allow it!!

Okay, I know I'm probably going to be called 10000x different insults for saying this. But I am so sick and tired of hearing all this news about steroids. Started with Giambi being all over the news, then Sheffield and Palmeiro, then Mcgwire, then more recently, Clemens and always Bonds. And now Ortiz, A-Rod and Tejada. Who the **** cares!!!!! They all know the risk of taking them, and it does not affect anyone else. Just let them use them at their own discretion. And everyone says oh its cheating etc etc. Well its not cheating if anyone can do it. Also may I add, it takes ALOT more than being jacked to be good at baseball. Good hand eye cooridination, and the knowledge of the game is not helped by steroids. I know this might sound dumb but it's soooo annoying to turn on the TV and hear about all these trials and allegations of lying under oath and perjury. Just let it alone already! People are going to take them no matter what. No matter the consequences or anything, they are still going to be used and eventually they are going to find a way to get away with it.

And from a health aspect. If you cycle them correctly steroids aren't going to hurt you.

PHILLIES 2008 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS
    NORTH CAROLINA 2009 NCAA CHAMPIONS

dude i agree with you how its soooooo annoying... like verrrrrryyyyyy annooying...... but you are going to get insulted so many time for this post. you need good hand eye cornadtion but it does not mean that it will go out of the ball park like all those names you mentioned. They could be lazy fly balls to the left feilder...

ya there is no way this era ends ever but it better 2 try 2 stop it

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. - Mark Twain

Ortiz??

Because then high school and college athletes will start using steroids in order to try and gain the upper hand or keep up with their competition, and it will **** up their physical development for the rest of their lives.

^^^ Exactly.

Plus, allowing steroids would be eliminating players' choice to use or not. To compete, even those that are against steroids would be forced to use just to stay employed. What a horrible situation to put good, law-abiding people into.

Finally, steroids are illegal. The law of MLB is not above the law of the US. It's a horrible idea.

no way they just allow it. seriously ??

The entire allure of professional sports is supposed to be that any kid can dream of being one. It isn't fair to them to believe that they have to use potentially harmful chemicals in order to achieve that dream.

Quote Originally Posted by toisdabest81 View Post
    Okay, I know I'm probably going to be called 10000x different insults for saying this. But I am so sick and tired of hearing all this news about steroids. Started with Giambi being all over the news, then Sheffield and Palmeiro, then Mcgwire, then more recently, Clemens and always Bonds. And now Ortiz, A-Rod and Tejada. Who the **** cares!!!!! They all know the risk of taking them, and it does not affect anyone else. Just let them use them at their own discretion. And everyone says oh its cheating etc etc. Well its not cheating if anyone can do it. Also may I add, it takes ALOT more than being jacked to be good at baseball. Good hand eye cooridination, and the knowledge of the game is not helped by steroids. I know this might sound dumb but it's soooo annoying to turn on the TV and hear about all these trials and allegations of lying under oath and perjury. Just let it alone already! People are going to take them no matter what. No matter the consequences or anything, they are still going to be used and eventually they are going to find a way to get away with it.

And from a health aspect. If you cycle them correctly steroids aren't going to hurt you.
    +1000000

Post of the year candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by philab View Post
    ^^^ Exactly.

Plus, allowing steroids would be eliminating players' choice to use or not. To compete, even those that are against steroids would be forced to use just to stay employed. What a horrible situation to put good, law-abiding people into.

Finally, steroids are illegal. The law of MLB is not above the law of the US. It's a horrible idea.
    I do kind of agree but look at players like Howard, Manny, Pujols. No steroid talks and they are 3 of the best hitters in all of baseball. And pitchers, look at Hamels, Santana, Hoffman, Rivera. Four of the best two now, and two ever, never once been mentioned with steroids. As far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsGirl View Post
    Because then high school and college athletes will start using steroids in order to try and gain the upper hand or keep up with their competition, and it will **** up their physical development for the rest of their lives.
    They already do.

^^^ Exactly.

Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by toisdabest81 View Post
    they already do.
    got it!

Hitting someone with a thrown baseball at 90 miles per hour on the street is illegal, too.

^^^

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast