Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

I just heard Kareem has made 19 ALL-STAR Teams

Then I remembered he played 2 decades of ball, I know for damn sure he made it as a rookie, and I know for damn sure he made it as 41 year old geezer, so when the hell was he NOT an All-Star.

Sure enough I googled it and it came in 1978. Im wonderin if anyone knows why the guy didnt make it in the middle of his prime?

My 2nd question is do you guys think Shaq could make 19 before hes done, why/why not?

I dont think Shaq will get to 19. I think he will hang em up after next year.

i really doubt shaq gets anymore past this year... 15 all-star appearances is still really impressive when most guys in the league would kill for one... anyone know how many garnett has?

I believe this is KG's 12th...

hmm i think it is KGs 12th, and kobes 11th. I know that KG has one more than kobe

Kobe is on number 12 at pheonix....8 more to past kareem? Im thinking he gets 6 more

If it's the 1977-1978 season, which I am pretty sure it is, it could possibly be that Kareem missed most of the first half of the season. Kareem played 62 games that year, so it's very possible he missed a lot of games early in the season and wasn't asked to take part in the all star game.

Also, I don't think anyone could catch up to Kareem. Kobe could do it if he was an all-star every year till he was 40....

Yeah, I think it's safe to say, his record is safe.