Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Best Teams to never win a Championship

There have been a lot of great teams in the NBA, but not all have won rings. Here are a few off the top of my head and why I think they didn't make it.

- Cwebb's Kings - This team was the Phoenix Suns of the early 2000's. All Finesse and no heart/toughness except bibby. Time and time again LA bullied them and they backed down.

- Ewing's Knicks - With one of the greatest centers off all time they still couldn't get over the hump. They chocked in game 7 against houston. But John Starks till this day is the guy you I have HUGE respect for because he was NOT afraid of Jordan like everybody else was.

- Barkley Suns - This team was amazing but just couldnt get past MJ. Somebody needed to check steve kerr! lol

- Nash's Suns - This team was a remake of the old Cwebb Kings. All finesse and no toughness as we saw with their constant losing to SA. The Suns were better as far as talent, but as we all know talent dosent win games, TEAMS win games.

- Chauncey's Pistons - First off I know they won a ring, but to me this team was one of the best teams we have seen in a long time. Everyone knew their role and truly played as ONE. They went to all those finals and only won once. To me they severely underachieved, and for that they will never get the props they truly deserve.

what you think? Can you think of any other teams?

The one and only answer is. THE UTAH JAZZ Stockton and malone 96-97 and 97-98 finals.

God damn that MJ and his bulls
    Fight the Power

Quote Originally Posted by twoearl View Post
    There have been a lot of great teams in the NBA, but not all have won rings. Here are a few off the top of my head and why I think they didn't make it.

- Cwebb's Kings - This team was the Phoenix Suns of the early 2000's. All Finesse and no heart/toughness except bibby. Time and time again LA bullied them and they backed down.

- Ewing's Knicks - With one of the greatest centers off all time they still couldn't get over the hump. They chocked in game 7 against houston. But John Starks till this day is the guy you I have HUGE respect for because he was NOT afraid of Jordan like everybody else was.

- Barkley Suns - This team was amazing but just couldnt get past MJ. Somebody needed to check steve kerr! lol

- Nash's Suns - This team was a remake of the old Cwebb Kings. All finesse and no toughness as we saw with their constant losing to SA. The Suns were better as far as talent, but as we all know talent dosent win games, TEAMS win games.

- Chauncey's Pistons - First off I know they won a ring, but to me this team was one of the best teams we have seen in a long time. Everyone knew their role and truly played as ONE. They went to all those finals and only won once. To me they severely underachieved, and for that they will never get the props they truly deserve.

Agree they were one of the best to not win it.

But that's a horrible assessment. No heart? That's ridiculous. What they lacked in toughness, they made up for with heart.

Quote Originally Posted by twoearl View Post

Here are a few:

Sonics 1994-1997
    Jazz 1997, 1998
    Pacers 1998, 2004
    Kings 2002 and 2003
    Heat 1997, 1999
    Cavs 1989, 1992
    Bucks 1985, 1986
    Blazers 1990-1992, 2000
    Knicks 1992-1994, 1997
    Suns 1993, 2007
    Lakers 1969, 1989, 1991, 2004, 2008
    Sixers 1968, 1984, 1986
    Pistons 1988, 1991, 2006
    Celtics 1974, 1987

The highligted is John Paxson
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Karl Malone John Stockton never won a championship?!?!
    I remember them playing in the finals a couple of times, but nothing else?
    They had one of the best tams never to win it all

i have to say that kings team. they could have won like two in a row if not for the lakers and another team not mentioned is the trail blazer team pick one the one that lost to the lakers in the confrence championship that year and also the one that lost to the bulls in 92 as well as the one that lost to detriot in 89.
    GET LIKE ME

haha Thanks Jordansbulls!
    Yeah the Jazz back in the late 90's were sick, but never could beat the Bulls

what about that 86 lakers team they were really good
    GET LIKE ME

How about that Rockets team with Drexler / Barkley / Hakeem?
    Toronto Raptors ~ Miami Heat ~ Los Angeles Lakers

~ ~

Quote Originally Posted by Gup View Post
    Karl Malone John Stockton never won a championship?!?!
    I remember them playing in the finals a couple of times, but nothing else?
    They had one of the best tams never to win it all
    You must not be a big NBA fan.... Malone and Stockton were never able to get over the hump.

I think kings fans will agree they were robbed out of a trip to the finals in 2002 based on the Refs calling fouls in favor of the Lakers to force a game 7. IMo Kings were the better team....

Quote Originally Posted by DrDEADalready View Post
    The one and only answer is. THE UTAH JAZZ Stockton and malone 96-97 and 97-98 finals.

God damn that MJ and his bulls

Quote Originally Posted by da wood View Post
    what about that 86 lakers team they were really good
    Winning in '85 and '87 you would have to assume the '86 team still had to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sn1P3r_ View Post
    How about that Rockets team with Drexler / Barkley / Hakeem?
    That was the team I wanted to play badly in the finals. Man I wanted to play them.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

what the kings lacked were fair refs come playoff time, cough cough tim donaghy

1. Ewing's Knicks
    2. Malone/Stockton's Jazz

Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Here are a few:

Sonics 1994-1997
    Jazz 1997, 1998
    Pacers 1998, 2004
    Kings 2002 and 2003
    Heat 1997, 1999
    Cavs 1989, 1992
    Bucks 1985, 1986
    Blazers 1990-1992, 2000
    Knicks 1992-1994, 1997
    Suns 1993, 2007
    Lakers 1969, 1989, 1991, 2004, 2008
    Sixers 1968, 1984, 1986
    Pistons 1988, 1991, 2006
    Celtics 1974, 1987

The highligted is John Paxson
    agreed, especially the jazz. dont know about the 04 pacers though. and you beat me to the paxson point. two different team besides mj and pippen.

Appalachian State Mountaineers
    UNC Tarheels
    Boston Celtics
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Washington Redskins
    Indianapolis Colts
    Carolina Hurricanes

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast