Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

marcus camby? anyone

i hear every one talking about using wally for gerald wallace but we have enough shooters and his defense is not so overwhelming to bring him in for that. i think marcus camby even though he is getting older would be make much more of a presence for this team inside with his rebounding skills and he can shoot the ball. team him up with z/andy/ben and we will be quite dominant inside.thoughts?

naa. we need youth. I mean don't get me wrong, he's a beast and would help us out. But he's getting old. We need young talent in the PF/C area. I just read that New York might be willing to part ways with David Lee. If we could make a deal with them for him, I think we'd be unstoppable.

fo sho fo sho just curious to any other ideas besides gerald wallace

I think we DO NEED Marcus Camby. Big Time! This guy is averaging 12 points, 13 rebounds and almost 3 blocks a game. That is ridiculous. Who cares how old he is when he's putting up that kind of a line? AND he only has 2 more years on his contract so that makes him even more desirable because that will come off the payroll when that big 2010 free agent market comes around. This is a no brainer!

Yeah, you guys don't have the pieces to get Marcus. Wally is garbage, and we have a designated shooter already at a fraction of the contract in Steve Novak. Only thing you guys have thats really attractive would probably be Delonte. Maybe Mo if we deal Baron .

Quote Originally Posted by qrich View Post
    Yeah, you guys don't have the pieces to get Marcus. Wally is garbage, and we have a designated shooter already at a fraction of the contract in Steve Novak. Only thing you guys have thats really attractive would probably be Delonte. Maybe Mo if we deal Baron .
    I have said this in other threads on this forum; When Wally is mentioned for trading it's not the player being mentioned, it's his contract. Wally is being paid $13 M this year and most anyone who trades for him would have that coming off of the books next year. I don't really think this is enough to get Camby but it is by no means garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by enabring View Post
    I have said this in other threads on this forum; When Wally is mentioned for trading it's not the player being mentioned, it's his contract. Wally is being paid $13 M this year and most anyone who trades for him would have that coming off of the books next year. I don't really think this is enough to get Camby but it is by no means garbage.
    i agree

Quote Originally Posted by enabring View Post
    Might not be garbage to a team trying to cut salary, but it is certainly garbage for the Clippers. We have no need for an expiring contract since we most likely won't get under the cap far enough to ink someone, and if we do, there really isn't anyone realistic we could get that would help the team enough.

Clipper Darrell: "Let's Go Clippers, Let's Go!"

Chronz basketball knowledge is equivalent to that of my three year old nephew.

I don't think it'll happen.

I wish this trade would happen after watching Bynum tear us up.

I second that point that we're not trading Wally to be a good player for another team... we're trading a big hunk of money to come off of someone's books next year. That is VERY valuable. And how could anyone think the Clippers dont need that? Have you seen their record lately? I'd be wanting to rebuild ASAP and you cant do that without cap space. And I also agree that Camby looks even more desirable now that Bynum and Gasol just tore us up in the paint. Nobody on our team could even slow them down. Make it happen D-Ferry.

Quote Originally Posted by reb422 View Post
    I second that point that we're not trading Wally to be a good player for another team... we're trading a big hunk of money to come off of someone's books next year. That is VERY valuable. And how could anyone think the Clippers dont need that? Have you seen their record lately? I'd be wanting to rebuild ASAP and you cant do that without cap space. And I also agree that Camby looks even more desirable now that Bynum and Gasol just tore us up in the paint. Nobody on our team could even slow them down. Make it happen D-Ferry.
    I easily could because this team hasn't been healthy, be it trying to form a coup against the coach, or they are just hurt.

If you want Camby, it better be Wally + West + First, anything less is a big fat hell no.

Clipper Darrell: "Let's Go Clippers, Let's Go!"

Chronz basketball knowledge is equivalent to that of my three year old nephew.

Wally + West + 1st? Are you kidding me? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

"If you want Camby, it better be Wally + West + First, anything less is a big fat hell no."

Are you the Clips' GM now?

Quote Originally Posted by cavsyanksduke View Post
    wally + west + 1st? Are you kidding me? That's the dumbest thing i've ever heard.
    +1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast