Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 9.5 gb

9.5 gb

from Dallas for ninth lol, would be great if we could cut that to 4 before all star break.

Would be 8.5 if we hadn't collapsed in Dallas. That game pisses me off

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

OMG. Are you serious?

you never know but its still a longshot but I love the fact that were winning games and the way we are getting it done by out hustling teams.

We are playing like a totally different team since the new year. We aren't closing like a book come 4th quarter time, the offense has a flow when both the first and second teams are out, and players that were hardly getting minutes are among our biggest contributors (e.g. Carney). Wouldn't it be like a 9-gamer now if the collapse against DAL didn't happen and the officiating was good against MIA?

Quote Originally Posted by cwilson21 View Post
    We are playing like a totally different team since the new year. We aren't closing like a book come 4th quarter time, the offense has a flow when both the first and second teams are out, and players that were hardly getting minutes are among our biggest contributors (e.g. Carney). Wouldn't it be like a 9-gamer now if the collapse against DAL didn't happen and the officiating was good against MIA?
    What an excellent trade that is turning out to be. We get Carney and a first-rounder for a second-rounder. That is a major trade. Even if Carney comes off the bench, that is a great trade.

I came close to making this thread but wasnt going to till we came within 6, but 9.5, lets go baby!!!

good post, optimism!!
    Last edited by PurpleJesus; 01-18-2009 at 05:16 AM.

Are you guys serious? This is optimism to the greatest degree.

Quote Originally Posted by WSU Tony View Post
    Are you guys serious? This is optimism to the greatest degree.
    Agreed, One and done in the playoffs, or top 3 pick? Ill go the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sport View Post
    Agreed, One and done in the playoffs, or top 3 pick? Ill go the latter.
    Apparently your not a true fan for thinking like that..... I can't help but agree with you.

I would prefer to get a few more quality pieces rather than peaking at .500 with sub-par talent only to start another rebuild.....

just not my style to cheer for us to lose, i dont understand how a fan can do that

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    just not my style to cheer for us to lose, i dont understand how a fan can do that
    I agree with you purple. That is a great point... but for the point of view of us who ARE fans and would like for us to rebuild the right way and get the best possible pieces to become a championship caliber team... we have come to the conclusion that being Minnesota (a team that cannot attract superstar free agents) we must be bad for some years to get the top pick. Once we are done with gaining those pieces winning will be great!

I understand your perspective that as a fan we cannot support losing and yes that is completely true. Fans root for their teams to win. It is just that as we contine to rack up the wins this season (BEFORE we are done rebuilding and gaining the right pieces) we are almost just running into a dead end. We are basically going to be a 1st round playoff team for some years and then we will have to do what we did to KG with like Al Jeff and start the rebuilding process all over again.

I can see the discrepency from both perspectives.
    John Wall and Evan Turner are overrated... let's sign Wes Johnson and Demarcus Cousins

Quote Originally Posted by WSU Tony View Post
    Apparently your not a true fan for thinking like that..... I can't help but agree with you.

I would prefer to get a few more quality pieces rather than peaking at .500 with sub-par talent only to start another rebuild.....
    You may prefer this but it is a plan that is impossible to execute. I would have preferred that the wolves had drafted drose and dwight howard.

losing does not assure us a top three pick. rebuilding the right way would be to win.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    losing does not assure us a top three pick. rebuilding the right way would be to win.
    How are we going to rebuild if we're winning? Having a pick in the 18-25 range isn't a very good way to build a team....

How are we going to get talent with that low of a pick? I suppose we're going to sign Lebron in your book?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast