Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

#3 UNC/#4 Wake Forest

Anyone watching this game? It is great so far, 36-32 Wake with about 6 minutes to go in the first half.

Tie game at the half.

I am, it's going as I expected it would go. Wake is proving that they are teams that can give UNC a hard time..so maybe a national championship for UNC is not as easy as some would think.

This is a tight one. I thought that UNC would take them down, even though it is @ Wake. So far Wake is leading & looking VERY impressive.

I almost took UNC as my Streak for Cash pick, but thank goodness I changed that at the last moment.

Carolina is playing terrible. They keep letting a single player on the other team have career nights. Rice for BC and now Teague for Wake. Wake may very well be the best team in the ACC right now. Hansbrough isn't getting enough touches and is now in seriously foul trouble. Deon Thompson didn't show up once again. All I have to say is thank the lord for Danny Green. Single handly keeping us in this game.

Boy, coming into the season, I thought Wake was going to be good, but not this good. I have been very impressed with Wake so far this year, and this game.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatone08 View Post
    Carolina is playing terrible. They keep letting a single player on the other team have career nights. Rice for BC and now Teague for Wake. Wake may very well be the best team in the ACC right now. Hansbrough isn't getting enough touches and is now in seriously foul trouble. Deon Thompson didn't show up once again. All I have to say is thank the lord for Danny Green. Single handly keeping us in this game.
    Agreed.

36% FG% tonight.

That's pathetic for such an athletic squad.

They need to get their act together. I thought prior to the season that this squad could make it through the season with only 1-2 losses. But right now they just aren't clicking. The chemistry isn't there....yet.

Game over. Wake wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabres39 View Post
    Boy, coming into the season, I thought Wake was going to be good, but not this good. I have been very impressed with Wake so far this year, and this game.
    Yea Wake is scary. Duke is going to have some trouble facing them. Wake wins.

That was a pathetic attempt on a 3 at the buzzer. It went completely over the hoop, & wasn't even contested.

This is a big confidence booster for the young Wake Forest squad.

UNC can't afford another conference loss. This is the first time since '96-97 they started 0-2 in conference. And that includes the 8-20 season. They are playing with no rythem. Their offense is not running smooth at all. Honestly, if it wasn't for Danny Green, this game would have been a blowout.

Yes sir, my Deacs proved they deserved their ranking. Very tough game but Wake was in control for most of the game right to the end. Man, Carolina loses their first 2 conference games....could be interesting

Rippin' lips son!!

Thank God, UNC couldn't even accept losing to BC...they were still National Champs no problem. Maybe this will shut them up, just like losing to Clemson and Duke will.

Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Thank God, UNC couldn't even accept losing to BC...they were still National Champs no problem. Maybe this will shut them up, just like losing to Clemson and Duke will.
    First of all, Wake should have blown UNC out tonite. UNC shot less than 40%. Hansbrough couldn't even be aggressive the last 10 minutes of the second half and barely got any touches. Unless Wake finds a second go to scorer then they are going to be in trouble. Not taking anything away from Wake, they are a very good team. But Teague won't score you 30 points every night.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatone08 View Post
    First of all, Wake should have blown UNC out tonite. UNC shot less than 40%. Hansbrough couldn't even be aggressive the last 10 minutes of the second half and barely got any touches. Unless Wake finds a second go to scorer then they are going to be in trouble. Not taking anything away from Wake, they are a very good team. But Teague won't score you 30 points every night.
    This is such a stupid comment. You are clearly taking plenty away from Wake's win. You're saying how Wake should have blown out UNC. Then you're making excuses about shooting percentages and Hansbrough not getting the ball. Gee, did you ever think maybe Wake's defense caused this?

Oh, by the way, you should look at the box score before you post something as stupid as "Unless Wake finds a second leading scorer they're going to be in trouble". Wake beat UNC tonight

McFarland had 20 points, 2 others with 9 points.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast