Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

McCants quickly fading

When McHale took over as head coach, he gave McCants every oppurtunity to prove himself. McHale started him, and played him heavely, then he inserted ollie into the starting lineup and moved McCants to the bench, and reduced his minutes, then Miller came back, and now McCants gets nothing. Another DNP for McCants tonight, i think its safe to say that he will be gone by the trading deadline...what a talent...what a shame.
    Good riddance.

I dont think McHale liked it too much when McCants flew to Vegas the night before a game.

didnt i read something where mchale said he really doesnt care, all he cares about is if they show up to work on time?

Fill me in but didn't he miss like 4 practices or something?

I used to be very high on McCants when we drafted him, but that feeling has faded fast. He can't play within a team. Looking at the backups, he is the only guy the you can feel comfortable with scoring the ball. With that said, other teams know that and know he won't give up the ball. He feels a need to shoot everytime he touches the ball. With the second group, 10 pts and 3-5 assists a night is very reasonable. He cannot play within a team, and until then will not be a successful NBA player. The guy can score, but is playing for himself. Now if we look to trade him, I can't see us getting a ton for him. My rant is over.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    didnt i read something where mchale said he really doesnt care, all he cares about is if they show up to work on time?
    What coach would like to answer that question? "So I bet you're glad Rashad made it back in time?" Also what kind of serious player would take such a chance? Of course McHale is going to say he doesnt care as long as he shows up to play but obviously something happened to call for 2 or 3 DNP's.

It's a shame McCants can't put it all together - some games he just can't miss... then he goes 3 for 15 or something like that. I think the smartest thing is to keep him out of games (trade him or let his contract expire) because they've been winning without him and let someone else take a chance on him (boston? kg-mccants? bestest buds...)

Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    It's a shame McCants can't put it all together - some games he just can't miss... then he goes 3 for 15 or something like that. I think the smartest thing is to keep him out of games (trade him or let his contract expire) because they've been winning without him and let someone else take a chance on him (boston? kg-mccants? bestest buds...)
    Boston doesnt have anything I want.

I'd consider trading him for a player the caliber of Morris Petersen and Antonio Daniels. How about we trade him to Indiana for Rasho?

Quote Originally Posted by Preuss-is-right View Post

I'd consider trading him for a player the caliber of Morris Petersen and Antonio Daniels. How about we trade him to Indiana for Rasho?
    I'd take it

Quote Originally Posted by Preuss-is-right View Post

Boston thing was kinda a random comment, not so much a trade thing. No way we could get Mo Pete or Daniels. 'Shadi won't net much, maybe a 2nd round pick? It's just come to the point where he just isn't gonna work here... even if we get nothing but his tiny contract coming off our books.

What does Rasho have left on his contract, btw?

McCants for Willie Green straight-up?
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

i hope mccants can find a team that can utilize his strengths... i still think he is a heck of a player
    John Wall and Evan Turner are overrated... let's sign Wes Johnson and Demarcus Cousins

How have we not utilized hit strengths we have given him every opportunity to prove himself and though I like McCants and think he will be good eventually he just needs a change of scenery because he isn't working out in Minnesota just my oppinion.

I think his time in minny is over also. McHale gave him a shot and he just doesn't fit within a team (and still is so erratic with his shot). The twolves will get a marginal player at best for him or I think they will simply keep him until the end of the year. With an injury to miller, carney, or cardinal McCants would get some pt again. I don't think McHale has given up on him but right now the team is clicking.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast