Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

GAME THREAD NY Islanders @ NY Rangers | 7:00 PM - VS (HD)

Game #39 - 12.29.08 | NY Islanders @ NY Rangers | 7:00 PM - VS (HD)
    NYI vs NYR
    [11-21-4] ----- [22-13-3]

Info:
    Gamestart & Location: 7:00 PM ET @ Madison Square Garden, New York City, New York
    TV Broadcast: National: VERSUS(HD), TSN2

NYI Standings:

GP: 36 | W: 11 | L: 21 | OT: 4 | Pts: 26 |----| GF: 90 | GA: 129 | Home: 6-9-2 | Away: 5-12-2 | Last 10: 1-7-2

Division Standing: 5th
    Conference Standing: 15th
    League Standing: 30th

- Stats:

PK: 80.5% PP: 18.1% GpG: 2.44 GApG: 3.53 Face-Offs: 46.8%

Points - Doug Weight: 29
    Goals - Bill Guerin: 13
    Assists - Doug Weight: 22
    PIMs - Tim Jackman: 53
    Plus/Minus - Andy Sutton: +3

- Projected Lines:

Jeff Tambellini - Doug Weight (A) - Bill Guerin (C)
    Blake Comeau - Mike Comrie - Kyle Okposo
    Mitch Fritz - Richard Park - Trent Hunter
    Jon Sim - Jeremy Colliton - Tim Jackman

Mark Streit - Brendan Witt (A)
    Freddy Meyer - Chris Campoli
    Thomas Pock - Bruno Gervais

Joey MacDonald
    Yann Dannis

*Healthy Scratches: Josh Bailey, Sean Bergenheim

- Injuries / Suspensions / Misc:

Rick DiPietro - DtD: Groin
    Andy Hilbert - DtD: Hairline Fracture In Foot
    Andy Sutton - IR: Broken Right Foot
    Nate Thompson - IR: Fractured Ankle
    Radek Martinek - IR: Right Shoulder
    Frans Nielsen - IR: Leg Injuries

-------------

NYR- Standings:

GP: 38 | W: 22 | L: 13 | OT: 3 | Pts: 47 |----| GF: 102 | GA: 103 | Home: 12-7-2 | Away: 10-6-1 | Last 10: 4-5-1

Division Standing: 1st
    Conference Standing: 3rd
    League Standing: 6th

- Stats:

PK: 88.0% PP: 14.6% GpG: 2.47 GApG 2.68 Face-Offs: 48.9%

Points - Nikolai Zherdev: 33
    Goals - Markus Naslund: 13
    Assists - Nikolai Zherdev: 21
    PIMs - Aaron Voros: 79
    Plus/Minus - Marc Staal: +5

- Projected Lines:

Markus Naslund (A) - Scott Gomez (A) - Lauri Korpikoski
    Petr Prucha - Brandon Dubinsky - Nikolai Zherdev
    Nigel Dawes - Chris Drury (C) - Ryan Callahan
    Fredrik Sjostrom - Blair Betts - Colton Orr

Michal Rozsival - Marc Staal
    Wade Redden - Dan Girardi
    Paul Mara - Dimitri Kalinin

Henrik Lundqvist
    Stephen Valiquette

*Healthy Scratches: Dan Fritsche & Aaron Voros
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite regardless of their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful, dishonest, or an extremist type poster I may not waste my time replying to you.

2 fights already! I like it.
    Dawes is skating and hitting and now fighting!
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite regardless of their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful, dishonest, or an extremist type poster I may not waste my time replying to you.

Kalinin WTF

learn from staal like the guy said. also this offense isnt setting the tempo at all. its a shame that the 3rd and 4th line always have the consistant energy yet the first two cant do that. drury has been invisible as usual.

The team seems to be trying a lot harder tonight. They are dominating the shots (27-15) and territory so far

tremendous second and third periods by this team, especially the third. brilliant move on the part of renney to put prucha in there. thats what happens when you take alot of shots and go hard to the net. nigel dawes has arrived. a bit concerned about henrik but sure he'll come around.

still need to improve the power play and cut kalinin but have to be somewhat satisfied after today.

MSG was all fired up once again.
    Last edited by jetsfan89; 12-29-2008 at 11:03 PM.

Dawes is really playing well. I just wish he played more. Last night he only played like 10 minutes while most other fwds are between 12-18 minutes.
    He got his 6th last night after a slow start. If he ever got to play the PP like others I think he could net 20

I said this once and I'll say it again!! Hey Tom, How you Like Petr Prucha Now ? He is one of my favorite players to watch and makes me happy when he is playing.

Quote Originally Posted by trueblue4life View Post
    I said this once and I'll say it again!! Hey Tom, How you Like Petr Prucha Now ? He is one of my favorite players to watch and makes me happy when he is playing.
    Prucha played really well last night. He has always been a crowd and media favorite so lets hope he can keep it up.

l did not get a chance...

to see this game...X-mas party....What were the lines ???? l noticed "Hank's" numbers.......809 save percentage ????? That's not good enough...Though, most nights he is left out to dry.....Washington on Saturday, will be an indicator for me, especially after the blown 4-0 lead !!!!!!

I was at the game and MSG loves Prucha. He played hard and got rewarded for it. I know the Islanders aren't that good but they played hard and we matched their intensity. It was a fun game to be at, great crowd once again.

Sorry....

Quote Originally Posted by C-Rod View Post
    to see this game...X-mas party....What were the lines ???? l noticed "Hank's" numbers.......809 save percentage ????? That's not good enough...Though, most nights he is left out to dry.....Washington on Saturday, will be an indicator for me, especially after the blown 4-0 lead !!!!!!
    l meant .908......

I was hoping Dawes had an assist. I wanted him to have the "GORDIE HOWE HAT TRICK"