Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

The Official New England Patriots Offseason Thread

Okay, the best way to get over our season being done is to start thinking about what we're going to do this offseason. We can address anything in here, from free agency, to Brady's recovery process, to potential trades, and even the draft, even though there's already a draft thread. So, let's get over the fact that our season is done, and focus on returning to the playoffs next season.

Patriots Playoffs 2012: Go Hard Or Go Home!

I'm happy with the way the Pats played this season. How many teams could overcome what they did and finish 11-5?

On a positive note, we'll get a higher draft pick (20th, I believe). Anyone for the linebacker or secondary positions will suit me fine.

Asomugha would be a great free agent acquisition, but I doubt the Raiders will let him go.

The big question mark is what to do about Cassel. And speaking of Cassel, where's that old thread where people were saying to dump him in favor of O'Connell?

As far as Brady is concerned, I'm a firm believer he'll be ready for training camp next year.

Look at it on the bright side, we will have the highest draft pick of any 11-5 team in 20 years!!!

uhhhh...... im not really ready for this thread yet. maybe in 2009

Quote Originally Posted by KingJamsI View Post
    Look at it on the bright side, we will have the highest draft pick of any 11-5 team in 20 years!!!

uhhhh...... im not really ready for this thread yet. maybe in 2009
    That's in 3 days...

We need to sign Bart Scott or Mike Petersen or both and sign Chris Gamble and have a great draft to sure up this defense.

Defensively: Sign CB Bryant McFadden and Dawan Landry. Two guys who are under the Radar wont cost that much and are ball hawks that could make a great contributions. The corner everyone talks about Nnamdi Asomugha is going to be franchised by the Raiders and would be out of our price range. Sign Tommie Harris to help plug up the middle and switch the defense to the 4-3. Draft a middle LB such as Brandon Spikes or Brian Cushing.

Offensively: Figure out what to do with Matt Cassel. If this any doubt about Tom Brady then you franchise him if you think Brady is healthy then let Cassel go or franchise him and trade him. We need to determine if Maroney is are starting running back or if we should let him go. He has not lived up to all the hype and is injury prone. I think a guy we need to look at is Darren Sporles who if Maroney is here next year would be a great guy not only on short passes but great for the wildcat. draft Pat White or Tim Tebow to run the wildcat.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
    We need to sign Bart Scott or Mike Petersen or both and sign Chris Gamble and have a great draft to sure up this defense.
    Chris Gamble was signed to a long term deal Bart Scott has said he wants to stay in Baltimore and Mike Peterson has personal issues.

Quote Originally Posted by futureheisman View Post
    Defensively: Sign CB Bryant McFadden and Dawan Landry. Two guys who are under the Radar wont cost that much and are ball hawks that could make a great contributions.
    Hmmm...I wonder where you heard that from? Oh yeah, I think you heard that from me and then told me I was stupid! Guess I wasn't that stupid after all.

Defensively: ...Sign Tommie Harris to help plug up the middle and switch the defense to the 4-3. Draft a middle LB such as Brandon Spikes or Brian Cushing....
    Um... Tommie Harris signed a 4 year contract extension this year and I very much doubt the Patriots could afford/want to give up enough in a trade to sign him.

How is Asomugha out of the Patriots price range but not Harris who, as of this offseason, was the highest paid DT in football?

Quote Originally Posted by The Intimidator View Post
    Hmmm...I wonder where you heard that from? Oh yeah, I think you heard that from me and then told me I was stupid! Guess I wasn't that stupid after all.
    I never told you that you were stupid for mentioning these two guys

That's in 3 days...
    exactly...i need those 3 days to drink and forget about the season hah.

Sign Tommie Harris to help plug up the middle and switch the defense to the 4-3.
    hahaha. when hell freezes over maybe...that's ridiculous three times. Tommie Harris is not a F/A, we would never pay him what he wants, and the entire framework of this defense has been built on the 3-4 for about 6 years now. get real.

and no ones drawing up draft ideas based on the wildcat. its a gimmick offense and its not that useful, save for one September day in Foxboro. Spread Offense with Brady, Moss, Welker > Wild Cat with pretty much anyone.

Edit: Be honest Futureheisman u just want to switch to the 4-3 so maybe we can get some pressure on the quarterback, dont you?

taylor mays and brian cushing.

I never told you that you were stupid for mentioning these two guys
    Well, you didn't use the word stupid, but you criticized my suggestion of McFadden and Landry when you said the following:

Bryant Mcfadden plays for the Brown buddy you calling them the best defense in the NFL. He has 38 tackles and 2 INT'S. Landry is a safety who has 11 tackles and no INTS so how he a ball hawk????.
    So, in this quote you criticize me for calling these guys "ball hawks", but now all of a sudden they are?

Defensively: Sign CB Bryant McFadden and Dawan Landry. Two guys who are under the Radar wont cost that much and are ball hawks that could make a great contributions.
    You're really flip-flopping here...

I thought I heard that when Asomugha signed his franchise tender this passed season that he had a clause that the raiders could not franchise him again, like what the pats did with Samuel

I was never really behind Cassel though I became a beleiver as the season progressed. I admit it . Now I think the Pats had a great year seeing as they had to plug leaks on all sides of the game. They have nothing to be ashamed of. They have several needs in the off season. Secondary beiong a priority along with LB , TE , O Line and probably more depending on who comes back who retires etc. So that being said congratsd to the Patriots for a season well played and many new faces helping out.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' with the amount up to, and sometimes including, their life.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast