Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Read the first 4 books in the Witcher series.

The Last Wish - 7/10 Its basically short stories of some of the things he does and we get an intro into this world.

After that the main story starts but the author wrote another book later on which should be read second.

The Sword of Destiny - 7.5/10 More short stories but we get introduced one of the main characters come the main story.

Blood of Elves - 7.5/10 We start the main big story and it serves as a set up for whatís to come.

Time of Contempt - 8.5/10 The best one on the series so far, a lot of **** happens and things get a lot more interesting.

They are all quick reads, all 4 books basically equal 1 game of throne books.
    The Knight of the Seven Kingdoms 9/10. Reading it a 2nd time

The Wheel of Time - The Eye of the World: 9.5/10 some stuff seems to have been ripped straight out of the LotR, but a liked a lot of the other ideas introduced in this series. The story had me hooked from almost the very beginning.

The Wheel of Time - The Great Hunt(Book 2) 9/10 Loving this story so far. Wonder how they will do the show on Amazon, something probably donít translate well to tv.

Fahrenheit 451 9/10

Long overdue. Good quick read. Crazy that he wrote this in the 50s about a future world where intelligence is minimized, people have earbuds (seashells) and there are TVs on the walls. The breakdown of how that world came to be is so frighteningly accurate to these times.

The Wheel of Time: The Dragon Reborn - 9/10 interesting that this book had very little of the main character, yet the rest of the characters are so strong and interesting that you barely notice.

Last book I read was The Stand by Stephen King. A marathon of a read, really enjoyed it. Bounced around a lot, pretty typical Stephen King novel otherwise.

Would recommend.

About to restart House of Leaves- was halfway through it about 6 months ago. Interrupted by a vacation and want to restart it rather than pick up where I left off.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Read the His Dark Materials series last year.

I always love the books that take you into another world.

Click here to register!

the wax pack. its about a guy that bought a pack of topps cards the first year he collected 1986. He goes to personally talk to each person in the pack in person.

Read Y The Last Man graphic novel series.

10/10- first graphic novels I've ever read.

Click here to register!

The Wheel of Time - The Shadow Rising: 9/10 The book had a lot of one of my favorite characters in the series so I enjoyed this one quite a bit.

The Wheel of Time - The Fires of Heaven: 9/10 Now this one had almost nothing with Perrin Aybara which is one of my favorites of the series, but the stuff with Mat was pretty cool.

Overall no book disappoints so far, but man so many damn characters, that I find my self googling characters that cane out a few books ago and I forgot about them.

Under the dome

10/10
    I'm a sucker for stephen king books. It's a long one at almost 1100 pages but well worth the read.

Click here to register!

I donít mind long reads at all, takes me a while but I get through them.

All the WoT books be like 900-1100 pages long.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Under the dome

10/10
    I'm a sucker for stephen king books. It's a long one at almost 1100 pages but well worth the read.

i've noticed this about Stephen King. He is every long winded. I read 11/22/63 and it just seemed to keep going on and on. While the book was ok, I just thought there were some things that he put in there that just seemed to draw the story on too long.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    i've noticed this about Stephen King. He is every long winded. I read 11/22/63 and it just seemed to keep going on and on. While the book was ok, I just thought there were some things that he put in there that just seemed to draw the story on too long.
    I could see that turning someone off on an author for sure. It doesn't tend to bother me. It almost adds to the story in a way (in my opinion lol)

To be fair...however... I'm just getting into serious reading for the first time in my life really. Don't have many authors to compare his style to. Read the Harry Potter series back in the day and not much else aside from school assignments.

Read 15 books or so this year- hadn't read a single one in the past 10 years lol

Starting house of leaves by mark danielewski up. Got half way through it last year and was interrupted by a vacation.

Absolutely fascinating so far and if you read it you need to have the physical copy

Last edited by blams; 07-21-2020 at 08:20 AM.

Click here to register!

Empire of the Summer Moon 10/10. Very detailed book about the rise and fall of the Comanche Indian.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast