Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Penguins Give Talbot 2 Year Extension

Maxime Talbot first arrived in the city of Pittsburgh as a 21-year-old rookie in 2005. Since that time the city has grown on the Lemoyne, Quebec native. Talbot has also grown on the city and is one of the most popular players on the team.

“I think there’s no better place to play hockey than in Pittsburgh,” Talbot said. “It’s so fun to be a part of this hockey team and to be a part of this town. It’s a great place to play. It’s a great place to live and I made it my second home.”

Pittsburgh will be his “second home” for the foreseeable future. Talbot re-signed to a two-year contract extension with the Penguins on Friday.

“It’s nice to get a deal done at this point of the season,” Talbot said. “Now I can get going for the rest of the season. It’s a big day for me. I’m happy to be a part of the Penguins organization for the next two years.”

“It’s good for him,” Penguins head coach Michel Therrien said. “It’s good for his confidence. It’s good for us to get a player like this.”

That’s good news for the Penguins considering that Talbot is also beloved by his teammates. The Penguins can enjoy two more seasons of Talbot’s locker room antics, constantly changing facial hair, witty comments and “Superstar” car commercials. Following his interview session with the media, Talbot shouted “I love you guy!”
    http://penguins.nhl.com/team/app/?se...ticleid=399157

all i gotts say is good choice
    **** SIGS

Good news for us to give give him 2 year deal to have him back.