Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Is LO for Prince completely absurd?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 44.44%
  • No

20 55.56%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Prince for Odom, is it completely unrealistic?

So there's been this idea in the Laker forum that the Lakers should trade Prince for Odom. There are various reasons behind why many dillusional Laker fans think this would work. Such as:

Since the Iverson trade, it is becoming obvious that Detroit will not contend. They did that trade to get cap space for the next couple of years, probably for 2010. If they did this trade, they would be 40 million below the cap next year.
    Detroit had him on the trading block earlier this season.
    i would give them odom but not mihm istead make them take luke.
    Now, this is just one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. But naive Laker fans seem to think its a real possibility. So tell me, am I losing it, or is LO for TPrince completely ridiculous?
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    i don't like girls

It's not ridiculous especially considering that Odom's contract expires. But seriously who will the Pistons have left? I am quite sure they would rather keep Stuckey and Prince over anyone else on the team.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

I love Prince.

Prince > Odom.
    When Ewing tells you to change your sig:

if the pistons want to create more cap space and get odom's expiring deal, then it is realistic. The part about adding in walton is unrealistic. that would defeat the purpose of creating cap space with his bad deal. Prince has more value than odom, despite lakerfans obsession with overvaluing him. it would be a pure salary dump move, but it's not unrealistic.

prince is a very underated player
    hes does all the little things and if the pistons gave him up for anything they would miss him more than what they got in return

^my first piece of art

Quote Originally Posted by PHX-SOXFAN View Post
    if the pistons want to create more cap space and get odom's expiring deal, then it is realistic. The part about adding in walton is unrealistic. that would defeat the purpose of creating cap space with his bad deal. Prince has more value than odom, despite lakerfans obsession with overvaluing him. it would be a pure salary dump move, but it's not unrealistic.
    Prince doesn't even make that much though. 11 million, its a good amount, but compared to his production and value, I'd say thats a pretty good deal. Odom is trash, and if the pistons want to salary dump anybody you'd think it would be Rip. since by the time 2010 rolls around he'll be 30+ years old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    i don't like girls

Laker fans going by one day without having to think of a trade or sign to improve the team, is it completely unrealistic?

um ur losing it, its a great deal prince in a LA native and is the tough defensive presence la needs and couldve used in the finals, plus hes got and little 3ball, odom is in the final year of his deal and would free more cap space with him ai and wallace FA at the years end giving them more cap space to get the guy they want in '10(bosh)

like we're not smarter than dumars he knew the team would sink without billups meaning theyd have a better draft pick a possible lottery so he know what he's doing, i even read rasheed may be traded also to dallas

id do it , but i like odom

Ariza is good enougn, i would prefer a PG instead its out weakes position specially in D.

But if we are to take a Sf i would much rather have G Wallace or ShANe BATtIER
    ]

Kwame/Prince for Odom is good for both.

The Lakers get the defensive/shooting SF they need and the Pistons get more cap room. They would actually get enough for two max deals in 2010.
    lr is cooler than you

kwame? hahaha he got booed everytime he touched the rock,and shane is a tight defender but not as long nor athletic as prince

The trades Luke Walton for this and that....God...pipedreams on laker forums.

But seriously on the matter, Odom for Prince is the one to shoot for. Cap Space for Detroit and a legitimate upgrade for the lakers especially on D. And the added part is the 3 Ball from prince.

I think it is. Prince is a solid, consistent all-around player. The only reason Detroit would consider this is if they want the cap space, but I still don't think Joe Dumars is that stupid.

I believe it's a possibility.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast