Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Report:Crosby Wants More Intensity from Penguins

The Penguins are still bruised from their 6-3 loss to the Philadelphia Flyers on Saturday. Though there are a number of factors that the loss can be attributed to, Sidney Crosby had a unique perspective on the issue.

“We didn’t hate Philly enough on Saturday,” Crosby said. “They had more intensity. They wanted it more. They deserved to win. You shouldn’t say that after a game. It shouldn’t happen. We have to make sure that we bounce back.”

The Flyers ran to a 5-1 lead in the game and rung up four power-play goals to pull ahead of Pittsburgh and into second place of the Atlantic Division standings.

“We didn’t match their intensity,” Crosby said. “You have to have that intensity. You have to have that willingness to go out there and compete on every shift because they certainly did. If you don’t match that, especially on the road, you’re going to be in trouble."

Some media have suggested the Penguins rested on the laurels of their 9-2 win over the New York Islanders two nights prior. Crosby believes that is not the case.

“They just came out with more intensity," Crosby said. "That’s the bottom line. I don’t think it had anything to do with the game before. We don't hate them enough right now. They outworked us early and we had it tough getting back into it.”

Fatigue may have also played into the outcome. The Flyers’ game was the fourth game in less than six days for Pittsburgh. It was also the seventh game in less than 11 days.

“I think the schedule may have had something to do with it,” Crosby said. “However many games we played over the course of three weeks, it might have been just something that mentally and physically we were drained.

"We need to get up for a game such as that. It might have been a little bit more difficult. We have to learn from it. We have to have that intensity, that willingness. Unfortunately, there were a few different reasons why we didn’t but we can’t let that happen.”
    http://penguins.nhl.com/team/app?art...e&service=page

Good to hear Sid stepping up as the captain and motivating the players.

Good for Crosby to do this, since we our team needs more intensity on the ice in the third period.

I'm a Flyers fan and I will admit that Crosby is the most talented player I have ever seen, but at the same time he is also the biggest cry baby I've ever seen, and he had a TERRIBLE game on Saturday so maybe he should look in the mirror before pointing fingers. I'm not trying to bait or anything I just feel like he still has alot of growing up to do before he can say things like this.

As a Flyers fan, you obviously do not watch enough Penguins hockey to make that kind of judgement. Sid plays hard every night, every shift and while he whined a bit too much as a rookie that is not part of his game any longer. He is mature beyond his age and has started to act that way. Contrary to what Flyer fans think, everyone in the league complains to the officials.

If the entire team played with as much energy and intensity as Sid and Geno display on every shift, the team would be much better off.

Quote Originally Posted by mgkibbles View Post
    I'm a Flyers fan and I will admit that Crosby is the most talented player I have ever seen, but at the same time he is also the biggest cry baby I've ever seen, and he had a TERRIBLE game on Saturday so maybe he should look in the mirror before pointing fingers. I'm not trying to bait or anything I just feel like he still has alot of growing up to do before he can say things like this.
    Of coarse he blames himself as well hes saying that they need more as a team him included. You guys chanting crosby sucks is pretty funny should almost be a complement u guys r that worried about him. but then again u should be because he barries you all the time. u can take the games in december well take then in April and May AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by bartlett2266 View Post
    Of coarse he blames himself as well hes saying that they need more as a team him included. You guys chanting crosby sucks is pretty funny should almost be a complement u guys r that worried about him. but then again u should be because he barries you all the time. u can take the games in december well take then in April and May AGAIN
    Well put and I always take that as a compliment when every team boo's Crosby it's just their way of shielding their respect for his skills.

fleury coming back will help out alot and knowing sid hhe will tur it up a notch wher nobody has ever seeen
    **** SIGS

yeah come on get off crosby's back he goes out there every game and plays hard. what more do you want from the kid. people seem to forget that he is 21 not 30 or what not he is very mature. He does not go out and get drunk and party like any normal 21 year old would do, instead he knows his limits and knows that he has a team he has to rep. So one more time get off the kids back damn!!