THE LAST MEETING:

JAZZ 110-92 CELTICS
    14th March 2008
    Boston

KEY MATCHUP:

Paul Millsap v. Kevin Garnett

LIFE OFF, GAME ON
    ....time to play Jazz Basketball
    Last edited by jimbobjarree; 12-15-2008 at 11:51 AM.

"The Celtics' worst loss in the last 106 regular-season games was an 18-point home defeat against the Utah Jazz March 14.

"They didn't win the game," Celtics coach Doc Rivers said yesterday, "they destroyed us. There's a difference."

The Celtics (22-2) have a 37-5 mark in regular-season games since that 110-92 loss to the Jazz, their opponents tonight.

"That's one game I remember they really beat us," captain Paul Pierce said. "Out of all of our losses, a lot of the losses we had a chance to win, but we just had no chance. That was one game they outplayed us, they outhustled us, they outexecuted us. We have our work cut out for us. They are a disciplined team, well coached."

Guard Deron Williams (32 points) led the way and Carlos Boozer, who is doubtful tonight with a left quad problem, added 17 points and 12 rebounds.

"Deron Williams shot 18 free throws in that game," Rivers said. "Whether he made them or not, that tells you he dominated us in that game. They are a good team, one of those teams if you don't play well they are very difficult to beat."
    Boston.com

I'd encourage all Jazz fans to click the link to the video of last years game above...good memories, I doubt Deron can be that good tonight though

Deron was amazing last time. I don't think he is back to form yet, but i hope that the jazz win this one. They really need to for their confidence, to beat a good team. With Boozer still out, i don't think those lanes will be open at all for D-Will like last year. Go Jazz

If we were healthy, I would call this game a dogfight. But since were not healthy, I would have to give this game to the Celtics in blowout fashion.

They are out for blood and want to avenge last years loss. Maybe they will let us wear the home uniforms again. LOL!

Warriors come out and Ta-ank.

shiiiiiiiitttttttt I havnt dont the prediction game

Rajon Rondo is running circles around Deron Williams. He's fast.

Close game woot woot Keep it up
    Fight the Power

Paul millsap is playing like a Beast right now. that Dunk off that miss was SIIIIICCCCCKKKKKKKK
    Fight the Power

Halftime Tied????? What???? I like our chances!!!! Going in tied will def give us a boost to make us think we can win it.
    Fight the Power

oh millie baby...awesome

we best do the opposite of our last 3rd quarter

We played well but lost Anyone feel like we have lost our swagger? I hope Boozer comes back soon.

Anyone feel that our players truelly dont believe we can beat anyone on the road, especialy good teams. Everyone telling them their a bad road team and now they just dont look like they can win, we set ourselves up with 5/6 minutes left and we let it slip every time. I know it was the best team in the elague we lost against, but its not like we havnt seen this before. The Laker playoff series last season, all our games on the road we came back and came back and weren't strong enough mentally to actually grab hold of the game and lead.

to be honest, our players just look like a bunch of losers, that dont have the cojones to go take games in the crunch, and thats why we lose on the road...oh, and at home now as well it seems.

We have 2 big problems right now IMO.. Deron is not playing like himself. I think he is 100% now he is just struggling mentally. He even said as much after the game a few nights ago. He just needs to have a break out game. That will be huge when he gets his game back. Also I think we really do need Boozer back. Millsap has been AMAZING, but boozer is just slightly better scorer and rebounder. And I think they are about even defensively. I think once both Deron and Boozer have there A game back we will start to tear through 90% of teams.

...Deron was coming back in the 4th with a couple of nice jumpers and drives to the hoop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast