Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reggie Theus

Reggie Theus

How many points do the Kings have to lose by tonight for Theus to be fired?

Reggie Theus Predictions

IMO Theus is a good coach I think that u need a better team, Also if anyone should get fired it should be Geoff Petrie.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Funk View Post
    IMO Theus is a good coach I think that u need a better team, Also if anyone should get fired it should be Geoff Petrie.
    Theus is an ok coach but he has lost the morale of the team. They get blown out all the time, which is a sign of giving up, and have horrible lapses. Sometimes they go entire quarters with no sign of defense or life at all for that matter.

Geoff Petrie is the guy who drafted three legitimate steals. Kevin Martin, Spencer Hawes and Jason Thompson. You really want to fire a guy like that?

That would be the worst thing that the Kings could do. Petrie is one of the top evaluators in talent. His only mistake has been the Mikki Moore signing, but next year only $2 million of his salary is guaranteed. The Kings just have to be patient, we are rebuilding, and we aren't going to just suddenly get good again. It's gonna be another 2-3 years, maybe more.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2shady4u View Post
    DerekRE 3 just get the **** out. i mean no one takes you seriously and i bet im the only one with enough balls in my shorts to tell you to **** off. you're not a good poster. go **** yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by oldenpolynice View Post
    Theus is an ok coach but he has lost the morale of the team. They get blown out all the time, which is a sign of giving up, and have horrible lapses. Sometimes they go entire quarters with no sign of defense or life at all for that matter.

Geoff Petrie is the guy who drafted three legitimate steals. Kevin Martin, Spencer Hawes and Jason Thompson. You really want to fire a guy like that?

A coach can only do so much, it's up to the players to go out on the floor and perform.

Yeah Geoff might be good at drafting but not so good and trading his players away.

Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    That would be the worst thing that the Kings could do. Petrie is one of the top evaluators in talent. His only mistake has been the Mikki Moore signing, but next year only $2 million of his salary is guaranteed. The Kings just have to be patient, we are rebuilding, and we aren't going to just suddenly get good again. It's gonna be another 2-3 years, maybe more.
    I wasn't a big fan of his last 2 trade deals.

I wasn't a big fan of his last 2 trade deals.
    Because Artest wasn't traded to the Lakers?

And look at how Artest is doing now?
    He's getting 15.7 ppg and about 6 boards but he is shooting a terrible 35%.
    John Salmons is getting 19.3 ppg with 4 boards and 3 assists, on 50% shooting. Obviously Salmons isn't as good of a defender as Artest, but last year I remember Salmons doing a much better job on Kobe Byrant than Artest ever did. Salmons is an underrated defender and player, and is much more efficient than Artest.

Not to mention the fact that Artest was going to leave the team after his contract was up anyways, but Petrie was able to convince him not to opt out so we could then trade him in the offseason. It was genius. Not only that, we get a 1st round pick and a legit prospect in Donte Greene, who has as ton of upside. The pick will likely be in the 20's...but Petrie is known to be able to get talent in that stage of the draft (see Kevin Martin, Gerald Wallace, Francisco Garcia).

As far as the Bibby thing goes...that was to free up money so we could afford to give Kevin Martin his big extension (that kicked in this year). It also allowed us to resign Beno Udrih and give Garcia an extension as well. We were going nowhere with Bibby, and Beno Udrih outplayed him last year.

The Bibby and Artest connection just wasn't working, and changes had to be made.
    Last edited by DerekRE_3; 12-09-2008 at 05:02 PM.
    DerekRE 3 just get the **** out. i mean no one takes you seriously and i bet im the only one with enough balls in my shorts to tell you to **** off. you're not a good poster. go **** yourself.

I actually think Theus is doing a solid job. The talent and experience just isn't there to compete right now. And part of the reason we saw Mitchell go was because he wasn't BC's guy, Witmann was just a terrible coach, PJ had lost his players, and Eddie Jordan had done as much as he could for that team. None of those is true of theus. I don't think he'll be fired this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    i don't like girls

Quote Originally Posted by superkegger View Post
    I actually think Theus is doing a solid job. The talent and experience just isn't there to compete right now. And part of the reason we saw Mitchell go was because he wasn't BC's guy, Witmann was just a terrible coach, PJ had lost his players, and Eddie Jordan had done as much as he could for that team. None of those is true of theus. I don't think he'll be fired this year.
    Agree with everything you said however...

The Maloofs own the team, and they think that the playoffs are a realistic goal for this team. Not only that...they want want Theus to develop our young talent AND win. That just isn't possible with the roster we have. If the Maloofs want Theus to develop guys like Spencer Hawes, Jason Thompson, Quincy Douby, Donte Greene, and Bobby Brown...we are going to lose a lot of games.

Quote Originally Posted by superkegger View Post
    Good points on PJ, Wittman and Mitchell. But Jordan didn't deserve to be fired and he got canned anyway. Simply because management wasn't patient enough. That's the same thing that's happening in Sac. The Maloofs don't want to wait for Theus to get this together. I think they'll fire him soon.

I like Reggie Theus as a coach. The managment is horrible though, how could you go out and get a like Mikki Moore for that much. Haven't they ever heard of the Jason Kidd effect, ex. Rob Babcock was tricked into getting Eric Williams for VC.
    With K-Mart hurt and no real scorer outside him, what else can you expect. Its just another scapegoat.

Agree with everything you said however...

The Maloofs own the team, and they think that the playoffs are a realistic goal for this team. Not only that...they want want Theus to develop our young talent AND win. That just isn't possible with the roster we have. If the Maloofs want Theus to develop guys like Spencer Hawes, Jason Thompson, Quincy Douby, Donte Greene, and Bobby Brown...we are going to lose a lot of games.
    What I think Theus has working for him though is Geoff Petrie. I could be wrong here, but I think the Maloofs like Petrie, and I think I read an article about him declining his own extension talks this past off season. I could be wrong, but I think the Maloofs have the utmost confidence in him. I could be wrong, thats just the impression I get. I don't know how tapped into reality the Maloofs are, but if they were they would realize this team does need time. I understand they can't give it all the time in the world, but as businessmen I would think they would understand it is a process. But I think as long as Petrie has Theus' back, he'll be alright for at the very least the remainder of the year.

Like I referenced earlier about Petrie though, if he gets canned at the end of the season, then I think it would be the same for theus. But I would like tho think they'll have the patience.

Quote Originally Posted by oldenpolynice View Post
    Good points on PJ, Wittman and Mitchell. But Jordan didn't deserve to be fired and he got canned anyway. Simply because management wasn't patient enough. That's the same thing that's happening in Sac. The Maloofs don't want to wait for Theus to get this together. I think they'll fire him soon.
    I'm won't address your comments on Theus as I already did above.

But as far as Jordan goes, I don't totally agree with his firing. But I can't totally fault them. Even were gilbert arenas and haywood healthy, I'm not sure that team is "elite" so to speak. Sure good, but not elite, and it would be on Eddie Jordan that they weren't elite. He's not a bad coach, but whether or not he should have been fired when he was is debatable, but I do believe he had taken that team as far as he could.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    i don't like girls

Interesting idea = Remove all head coaches and enter them into a coach-draft.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ81 View Post
    Interesting idea = Remove all head coaches and enter them into a coach-draft.
    That is interesting. I think the first guys picked would be the ones mentioned in my Untouchable Coaches thread. I'll re-paste here.

Gregg Popovich. Phil Jackson. Jerry Sloan. Doc Rivers. Nate McMillan. Mike Brown. Stan Van Gundy. Rick Adelman. Mike D’Antoni. And Don Nelson.
    Minus Doc Rivers, of course. He's not a very good coach. Just got lucky and made the best of a good situation.

Because Artest wasn't traded to the Lakers?
    No cause you got trash for them. Lakers are 18-2 by the way so this Artest thing doesn't hurt the Lakers 1 bit.

Anyways Petrie is untouchable.
    Last edited by G-Funk; 12-09-2008 at 07:05 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast