Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Charles Barkley

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    1,097

    Charles Barkley

    He's been awful on TNT lately. Let's hope he can pick things up on Thanksgiving day.

    Last week we saw three easy victories on Thursday night. The Celtics laid the wood to the Pistons in Boston, the Lakers cruised over the Suns in Los Angeles and, in a stunning upset, Kenny “The Jet” Smith proved to be ten times more entertaining than Charles Barkley on ‘Inside the NBA’.

    Note to Chuck: your subdued stumbling, bumbling routine isn’t working. Please do some research. It doesn’t have to be a lot; just enough to fool us and make us believe that you know even a modicum amount about the 2008-09 basketball season. That’s all. Thanks for your consideration.
    http://davissportsdeli.com/wordpress...week-4-112708/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,746
    The games that have been televised on ESPN n TNT havent bene that good

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    C's Forum
    Posts
    4,414
    I love chuck(no homo), tnt is easily my favorite pregame/postgame group. I dont want chuck to do research, to me its just funny listen to him stumble over his own words trying to make a meaningless point.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,909
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers4ItAll View Post
    The games that have been televised on ESPN n TNT havent bene that good
    Not just the TNT games, but all of them. I'm sick of these boring azz Sixer/Orlando games.



    Chuck will be his normal self come playoff time, I'm not worried.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,167
    *****

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers4ItAll View Post
    The games that have been televised on ESPN n TNT havent bene that good
    What are you talking about?

    Portland-Houston in early November was one of the best games of the season.

    Detroit-Boston should have been amazing but just didn't turn out that way. Melo-LeBron last week was interesting, too.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,909
    Houston, Detroit, and Boston aren't entertaining to me...and its not b/c of the D.

    I can't wait for some chris paul 2nite!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    2,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Frrrrank!!! View Post
    I love chuck(no homo), tnt is easily my favorite pregame/postgame group. I dont want chuck to do research, to me its just funny listen to him stumble over his own words trying to make a meaningless point.
    I agree with you, TNT is by far the best station for watching games. Their coverage beats the big networks and ESPN. Barkley and Kenny are hilarious, last year at the All-Star game was the best show ever put on by for a NBA broadcast.
    Geaux LSU Tigers, Saints, Hornets and Red Sox

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    871
    I loved TNT when I had a DVR but I can't stand it now. Someone tells a joke, they laugh for 2 minutes then there are 8 minutes of commercials, then you come back and see clips of the game you just saw then another long commercial break. Barkley says something about some team not playing any defense then another 5 minutes of commercials. The formula is too contrived at this point and too much of the show is spent on ads.

    It's entertaining for sure, but not worth sitting through all those super long ad breaks for.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,343
    Quote Originally Posted by oldenpolynice View Post
    He's been awful on TNT lately. Let's hope he can pick things up on Thanksgiving day.



    http://davissportsdeli.com/wordpress...week-4-112708/
    lol Olden Polynice.... He was golfing behind me and I almost got a hole in one, he said "nice shot" ... I felt good. /story

    Lets go.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    8,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansy View Post
    I loved TNT when I had a DVR but I can't stand it now. Someone tells a joke, they laugh for 2 minutes then there are 8 minutes of commercials, then you come back and see clips of the game you just saw then another long commercial break. Barkley says something about some team not playing any defense then another 5 minutes of commercials. The formula is too contrived at this point and too much of the show is spent on ads.

    It's entertaining for sure, but not worth sitting through all those super long ad breaks for.
    Completely agree. Well said Seriously it's getting old and lame.. the commercials suck and when there aren't any commercials it isn't even good quality.

    The Sports Current
    All the News for All the Teams. Are you in the Current?
    Like This Page

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwabSquad View Post
    lol Olden Polynice.... He was golfing behind me and I almost got a hole in one, he said "nice shot" ... I felt good. /story
    That's awesome. Props on the near hole in one.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    1,485
    i love inside the nba

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,452
    Quote Originally Posted by oldenpolynice View Post
    He's been awful on TNT lately. Let's hope he can pick things up on Thanksgiving day.



    http://davissportsdeli.com/wordpress...week-4-112708/
    You mean he was actually good before?


    THE FELLOW SOUTH DAKOTA BOYS

    props to rdwilliamson for the sig

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    under your girlfriend's skirt
    Posts
    408
    I liked his Lebron comments.
    ROY RACE

    ppg apg rpg fg%

    Derrick Rose

    19.0 5.7 3.9 48.5%


    OJ Mayo

    20.6 2.3 4.6
    __________________________________________________ ____________________
    43.3
    Originaly posted by TheShowzOver
    And all the Rondo haters come out of the woodwork. He's not a top 10 PG? Lmao, who's above him then? Cp3, maybeeeee Tony Parker, Chauncey Billups? And that's about it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •