Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Shawn Marion

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    7,895

    Shawn Marion

    With him getting paid 17 mil and becoming a free agent after the season makes the question which will go after him. I dont think there isnt any possible way that he'll get 17 mil a year. but what will go after him with teams that are lookin at 2010 and seein much better players than marion. so what kind of money will he get paid and where perhaps where will he go

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    26,113
    He definitely won't be getting paid 17 million anymore. I'm not sure how many years he will get in his contract either. He will be 31 by the time he's a FA, so I don't see him getting more than 3 or 4 years.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    23,520
    This is an interesting question. To me, this is a time when the rich can get richer. And by that I mean they can probably low ball some guys like marion, because there are a lot of teams that simply aren't going to pay anyone any money so they have cap for 2010. I think some teams that are borderline contenders, that if they play it smart can really help their team and become contenders. but we'll see, i guess it just depends on who thinks they really have a shot in 2010 at big names.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    i don't like girls

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    87
    I am a Jazz fan. And I know that they want Boozer. And I am pretty sure that Boozer wants to go there. As he has a home there. So I would not be surprised if the Jazz tried to work something with that situation. So that they could get something instead of nothing. But who knows.... Maybe they just take the chance and try to sign him after the season. And in that of course I mean Boozer...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    16,610
    Marion is the most overrated player in the league. His D is solid, but he is an inconsistent offensive player, and a terrible teammate
    Time for some hootenanny.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    9,519
    terrible teammate?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,912
    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedPurple View Post
    Marion is the most overrated player in the league. His D is solid, but he is an inconsistent offensive player, and a terrible teammate
    ....or so the media says.
    I Heart Kimmi Smiles

    Support Her!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Layneh3180 View Post
    I am a Jazz fan. And I know that they want Boozer. And I am pretty sure that Boozer wants to go there. As he has a home there. So I would not be surprised if the Jazz tried to work something with that situation. So that they could get something instead of nothing. But who knows.... Maybe they just take the chance and try to sign him after the season. And in that of course I mean Boozer...
    I think it's just smoke and mirrors. He doesn't really fit and he is a Beasley clone as a player. We'll see though.

    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedPurple View Post
    Marion is the most overrated player in the league. His D is solid, but he is an inconsistent offensive player, and a terrible teammate
    Definitely not. His offensive game is just starting to mesh with our team (take a look at the last couple games statistically). Trust me he's underrated at this point because of everyone calling him overrated. There's a noticable difference when he's off the floor. Defensively we get killed and there's less flow on offense. He's by far our best defensive player and he doesn't have any plays run for him yet he continues to score with runners and putbacks. He's as good of a teammate as it gets.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    16,610
    How much would you pay him a year? Tough to take a big paycut from 17 mil a year....
    Time for some hootenanny.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    9,519
    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedPurple View Post
    How much would you pay him a year? Tough to take a big paycut from 17 mil a year....
    7-9 mil a year around there
    that's probably what he's going to get if he resigns with the Heat or another team

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    326
    I wouldnt pay him more than like 7 mln a year he is a good defender and can run ocasionaly make some 3 to go in if he gets an open look but he only is fully efficient in certain systems.

    If he wont improve by the end of the season i really dont see his financial future bright only teams come to my mind in witch he could be fully effective are Warriors, Knicks and maybe Mavs.

    On the other hand imagin he would agreey to play 1 year for minimum for Knicks than wait and see how thing shape if they can drag those superstars to come play for Knicks and he could get some decent deal he aint poor and could play for contender.
    Last edited by Mallpha; 11-26-2008 at 04:29 PM.
    hmm

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    under your girlfriend's skirt
    Posts
    408
    Quote Originally Posted by KB24PG16 View Post
    With him getting paid 17 mil and becoming a free agent after the season makes the question which will go after him. I dont think there isnt any possible way that he'll get 17 mil a year. but what will go after him with teams that are lookin at 2010 and seein much better players than marion. so what kind of money will he get paid and where perhaps where will he go
    Id bet the bulls go after him with gooden and gordon coming off the books we can probably get him a 5-8m a year contract for 3 years
    ROY RACE

    ppg apg rpg fg%

    Derrick Rose

    19.0 5.7 3.9 48.5%


    OJ Mayo

    20.6 2.3 4.6
    __________________________________________________ ____________________
    43.3
    Originaly posted by TheShowzOver
    And all the Rondo haters come out of the woodwork. He's not a top 10 PG? Lmao, who's above him then? Cp3, maybeeeee Tony Parker, Chauncey Billups? And that's about it

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by rosesbulls View Post
    Id bet the bulls go after him with gooden and gordon coming off the books we can probably get him a 5-8m a year contract for 3 years
    I think he would be very bad pick for Bulls you got Deng as SF and no player that can get it dne under the basket and i really doubt Marion would be the anwser here.
    hmm

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    974
    lol @ saying anything in the 5-7 range

    He's not a damn MLE player

    He'll get around 10 per, which is what he deserves if his offense continues to mesh well in Miami

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    34,178
    Quote Originally Posted by HiphopRelated View Post
    lol @ saying anything in the 5-7 range

    He's not a damn MLE player

    He'll get around 10 per, which is what he deserves if his offense continues to mesh well in Miami
    Agreed. He's going to probably get somewhere around 9-10 mil even if he's not worth it.
    He'll fit a team just like Artest fit the Rockets.
    No team will build around him, just use him to fill a gaping hole or as a final piece.

    I think Odom will return to LA, but if he left, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go there. Replace Vlad with Shawn and u have a stellar starting lineup. It's hurt the 3pt shooting though.
    Last edited by king4day; 11-26-2008 at 05:02 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •