Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Teams struggling with injury will benefit in Season End?

Look at Spurs, without two killing weapons - Parker and Ginobili, they are initially struggling, and then they do better than most would have expected (including me) in recent games.

The recent "surge" of Spurs could be explained by the more playing mins of Roger Mason, a very capable perimeter shooter (and Sixth Man if Spurs is healthy), and rookie George Hill, who no one pays much attention on when Spurs is healthy.

Now, the playing opportunity has already sharpened these two players. They can well replace the roles of Finley, Udoka, etc...

Same applies on Jazz. Their injury situation couldn't be worse at the beginning of the season. D Will, Boozer, AK, Korver, Harpring, Brevin Knight, and Okur has been back to Turkey for a week. This gives opportunity for CJ, Koufos, Price, Millsap and Brewer more playing time, and getting more seasoned.

Now, Jazz simply has the deepest bench in the league.

Another Jazz Fans in Asia
    http://jazzfansinasia.blogspot.com

I agree that it can help them out. Not only does it give the role players a lot of mins to get comfortable with the team, but it also allows the players that are injured a bit more rest, and allow them to be fresher at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Iodine View Post
    Josh is like sex, but better
    Follow me on Twitter! @ josh_the_truth

This was actually a blessing for the Spurs because it got guys more playing time and more confidence. Now they will be a deeper team than they were last year.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    This was actually a blessing for the Spurs because it got guys more playing time and more confidence. Now they will be a deeper team than they were last year.
    Agreed. Mason is looking great, and if he keeps it up, a MIP candidate. Our rookie has been playing stellar lately, with 3 20 pt games in a row. Even Finley and Bonner are playing with confidence and contributing.

Quote Originally Posted by Iodine View Post
    Josh is like sex, but better
    Follow me on Twitter! @ josh_the_truth