Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NBA Keeping An Eye On KG

Source: Real GM

A number of teams have complained about Boston forward Kevin Garnett's antics recently, and the league has taken note.

Garnett has been going after smaller guys lately, including Jose Calderon and Luke Ridnour, and it's beginning to hurt his reputation.

"He's nothing but an instigator," one executive said of Garnett.

I don't really care what they think, KG is the man

KG needs to be careful...the last thing he needs is another suspension.

Patriots Playoffs 2012: Go Hard Or Go Home!

Man, that's just lame. In my opinion, all KG does is make the game more exciting. How? By getting people hyped up. Like he did with Jose Calderon.

Countless times I've seen KG "harass" people, and what was the result? Competition. Excitement. I can't remember a player that gave an interview saying that KG is an instigator. Why? Because KG does something that should really be appreciated, but unfortunately, it is not. He makes the game more exciting.

Let's take the Toronto game as an example. KG taunted Jose, and what was the result? Jose played harder, more competitive. After an assist, Jose taunted back. And then? KG was right there on the low block, putting moves on the defense, working for a shot.

I really think that people should quit *****ing about useless things. All I see is KG being KG. He has being doing this same thing for the past 12 years. That's who he is, that's what he does. He hypes people up.

I dont think KG goes after people but I do think he does try to intimidate. I think what KG does is good for the game. So much fun to watch. Should he be going after Luke Ridnour.....NO....but usually he is right in the face of guys his own size.

I do think the suspension was a warning to Garnett but I dont think the league has it in for him. He will be fine.
    El Presidente

taking emotion out of the game is one of the worst things the league can do. just because some players are shorter than KG he can't talk trash? This is what makes sports entertaining, players you love and players you love to hate.

Watch out!!! Nba is turning into the nfl!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CELTICS4LYFE View Post
    Watch out!!! Nba is turning into the nfl!!!!
    i would cry:cry: goodell basicaly wants a bunch of robots on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Frrrrank!!! View Post
    that's not true. he just wants the player to conduct themselves as professionals, which is what any commissioner wants.

do we really want a bunch of pacman jones or rasheed wallace's ruining a sport filled with great athletes because they can't keep their mouths shut or stay out of trouble?

what ever happened to the barry sanders' and clyde drexlers' of the sports world.

now everything is hip-hop, dreadlocks and look at me crap.

any reason why sports are going downhill?

and before you start with the racist crap, just remember that the example i used about barry sanders and clyde drexler happened to be about black guys too. i only point it out because i'm sure some 12 year old will get on here and start calling me hitler, so i just want to nip that in the bud before it gets started!

I like to see some class in this Celt's team.
    On any team, show some respect to worthy advesaries.
    Like Magic & Bird.

But also I think there is alittle exaggeration & hype here as there is some sour grapes among laker/kobe fans for having beaten them. Opponents are looking for things to complain about.
    Celts should take legitimate critisim and learn & ignore the sour grapes that are exaggeration or not legitimate.

Quote Originally Posted by berserker74 View Post
    that's not true. he just wants the player to conduct themselves as professionals, which is what any commissioner wants.

do we really want a bunch of pacman jones or rasheed wallace's ruining a sport filled with great athletes because they can't keep their mouths shut or stay out of trouble?

what ever happened to the barry sanders' and clyde drexlers' of the sports world.

now everything is hip-hop, dreadlocks and look at me crap.

any reason why sports are going downhill?

and before you start with the racist crap, just remember that the example i used about barry sanders and clyde drexler happened to be about black guys too. i only point it out because i'm sure some 12 year old will get on here and start calling me hitler, so i just want to nip that in the bud before it gets started!
    personally I dont have a problem what players listen to, how they wear their hair, or if they want attention. If I was in front of millions of people world wide I would want the attention too, imo.

goodell and stern are equally terrible for different reasons.
    Thank you Saints. i can watch TV again.

Welcome Nate Robinson to the Boston Celtics! I am one of the few who support this deal.

Please Patriots, no more CBA talks. I and the fans dont care. We want to win. Get this roster where it needs to be. NO excuses.

We couldnt sign a big hitter, so the Red Sox are all about De-Fense. Hope it works!

Boston Sports for Life.

personally I dont have a problem what players listen to, how they wear their hair, or if they want attention. If I was in front of millions of people world wide I would want the attention too, imo.
    no its a bit ridiculous in the NFL, with idiots like chad johnson, pacman jones, and many, many more

Quote Originally Posted by kvrnm View Post
    no its a bit ridiculous in the NFL, with idiots like chad johnson, pacman jones, and many, many more
    there is always going to be a few people that strrrrrugle no matter where you look.

kg is a competitor and has a fiery spirit, so what. let 'em play ball, quit *****ing about it.
    Cheers,
    --Tank

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast