Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 59
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    16,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Sport View Post
    Your probably right, Im sure there is a part of him that would like to go to LA.

    But how much would the Dodgers really wanna give up?

    Because the Padres are going to demand a lot. So even if Peavy wants to go there, it could be tough for the Dodgers to get that done without givin up guys like Ethier, Kemp, or even Martin.
    Yeah I'm aware of that. I don't want to lose any of those guys, and don't particularly want Peavy if they have to go. As you can imagine, he is public enemy #1 as a Dodger fan the last couple of years.

    If you look deeper into this though, this is nothing more than a salary dump by your douchebag owner. Surely other GM's know this and are offering less than Peavy is worth in terms of trades. Eventually Towers will haveto move him, he doesn't have a choice, he's played his hand (quite poorly too may I add) and I''m sure ownership has already given the command that Peavy has to be off the books. If Jake and his agent keep finding excuses not to go where they want to send him (see Escobar for example), eventually that only leaves the Dodgers who could get him reasonably cheap considering it would be a same division trade.

    This is all a hunch and pure speculation btw, just seems odd the "hated" Dodgers that he loves to beat so much would pop up on the list from day one.

    This is all speculation

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    398
    Quote Originally Posted by friarfan07 View Post
    ^ i agree. everything i've heard involving the cubs sucks. they have nerve to gawk at us expecting either vitters or samardzija in exchange for jake ****ing peavy. i hope he doesn't go there out of principle for how gay they all are being over there. go bartman.
    You don't think Shark and Vitters is enough? You must be kidding me. You are going to lose Peavy. He wants out and your team does not want to pay him. Knowing this, why would anyone want to give their farm up? If you had the ability to get Shark and or Vitters, you would be doing just fine. Both are going to be great players. Just for kicks, so will Don Veal and Pie sometime soon. Even Rich Hill is worth the chance. Had a bad 2008 season, but was real good in 07. He has a geat curve. He lost his location, that I think is mechanical and can be fixed. Either way, you had better prepare for Cub players cause that is going to be home for Peavy.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    ChuLa VisTa
    Posts
    2,104
    Quote Originally Posted by the coach View Post
    You don't think Shark and Vitters is enough? You must be kidding me. You are going to lose Peavy. He wants out and your team does not want to pay him. Knowing this, why would anyone want to give their farm up? If you had the ability to get Shark and or Vitters, you would be doing just fine. Both are going to be great players. Just for kicks, so will Don Veal and Pie sometime soon. Even Rich Hill is worth the chance. Had a bad 2008 season, but was real good in 07. He has a geat curve. He lost his location, that I think is mechanical and can be fixed. Either way, you had better prepare for Cub players cause that is going to be home for Peavy.
    Vitters is in Hi A, last i checked the was a long ways away from the big leagues. Samardzija is a reliever with a major league contract and a no trade clause. Besides the Cubs just gave away Jose Ceda to the Marlins for a freakin reliever on the last year of his contract. Thanks, but no thanks.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    665
    Quote Originally Posted by Sport View Post
    Vitters is 3 years away from making the majors.

    Cedeno is horse**** and is not an upgrade over Greene.

    Sean Marshall is a number 5 starter. Theres no way in hell the Padres are making that deal.

    And Felix Pie, yeah he can step in center, cuz we have noone else. But hes not a long term fix.

    Keep your garbage.
    That's fine. Everyone has the right to veto a trade. FACT: KEEP YOUR ACE AND REMAIN GARBAGE

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    665
    Quote Originally Posted by friarfan07 View Post
    so let me get this straight. you agreed with everything i said in the part i emboldened, yet get bent out of shape where i said the cubs and their fans are acting really gay? they are if they expect to get a top 5 pitcher in all of baseball without even giving up one of their top 5 prospects. pie sucks. we have a cf of the future in will venable and a serviceable player in gerut to fill in until he's ready. marshall isn't good enough to start in our rotation, even without peavy.

    so you see, even the most open-minded of cubs fans (one that's not smoking enough crack to think peavy isn't worth vitters or samardzija) still have no idea what they're talking about. go bartman.
    I didn't see the part where you'd agreed about the trade in the previous post.....my bad.

    However, you say go bartman huh? what a joke. try some originality. What else you got....goats, curses?? They don't exist. The Cubs will win a World Series before the Padres ever do....mark it. Another thing just so you're aware: any team with a huge and loyal fan base (Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs) are going to have fans that are clueless. That does not make the whole fan base idiots. Marshall would be in your rotation.....who else do you have that's any good besides Peavy and Chris Young? Bring back Maddux?(over the hill), Baek (garbage), bring back Wolf (garbage this year with the Pads), Banks (garbage). Marshall may not be great, but he's better than those pieces of dung.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    15,055
    ^ i'd start geer or leblanc well before i'd start marshall. those two plus cy, banks and another SP in the peavy deal, and the rotation is decent.

    and yes, i agree, the cubs will win a world series well before the padres do. that goes without saying seeing as how we are so cheap and mismanaged.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    6,184
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyBadger View Post
    That's fine. Everyone has the right to veto a trade. FACT: KEEP YOUR ACE AND REMAIN GARBAGE
    Fact: Peavy has a couple years left on his contract, so its not like the Padres have to trade him this off season or lose him at the end of the season for nothing.

    So really, there is no leverage and Towers will get what he wants.

    Hey do all of us baseball fans a favor and win a WS. Im sick of hearing about your pathetic drought.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    665
    Quote Originally Posted by Sport View Post
    Fact: Peavy has a couple years left on his contract, so its not like the Padres have to trade him this off season or lose him at the end of the season for nothing.

    So really, there is no leverage and Towers will get what he wants.

    Hey do all of us baseball fans a favor and win a WS. Im sick of hearing about your pathetic drought.

    hahahaha. The Padres don't HAVE to trade him this offseason, but they would prefer to. Everyone knows your owner is going through a divorce and is concerned about how much money his soon to be ex wife is going to get her hands on. Thus, he is limiting his spending now.....attempting to rid himself of a contractual commitment like Peavy's. The leverage against Towers is obvious: the Padres motivation to move Peavy's contract and the fact that Peavy can approve or veto where he goes.

    When did I mention a drought by the way? When the Cubs are good enough to win the WS, they will......the Red Sox have proven that it can be done.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    399
    Khalil Greene, Cla Meredith to the Royals for Alberto Callaspo (2B) and Joey Gathright (CF). I think it is an awesome deal, Callaspo was one of the D-Backs biggest propects that they fro some reason traded for bullpen before the start of last season. Joey Gathright is faster than the wind and would bat leadoff and play a great centerfield. He has always done well whenever he sees playing time but for some reason hasn't broken through to a full time job.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    15,055
    ^ did that already happen, or is it a rumor, or is it something you'd just like to see.

    i'd do it...not sure the royals would though.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    6,184
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyBadger View Post
    hahahaha. The Padres don't HAVE to trade him this offseason, but they would prefer to. Everyone knows your owner is going through a divorce and is concerned about how much money his soon to be ex wife is going to get her hands on. Thus, he is limiting his spending now.....attempting to rid himself of a contractual commitment like Peavy's. The leverage against Towers is obvious: the Padres motivation to move Peavy's contract and the fact that Peavy can approve or veto where he goes.

    When did I mention a drought by the way? When the Cubs are good enough to win the WS, they will......the Red Sox have proven that it can be done.
    Believe what you wanna believe, you nieve sad little cubs fan.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    186
    Yesssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Paul mcanulty is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    665
    Quote Originally Posted by Sport View Post
    Believe what you wanna believe, you nieve sad little cubs fan.
    Ah, now the insults come out. What a way to have a mature baseball discussion. You're such a smart, logical person

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    379
    Now that PMac is gone, he'll hit 40 dingers for the Sox and be a capable outfielder....

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    15,055
    ^ lol wouldn't surprised me. edmonds, cust, bay, nady, etc. prove it could happen.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •