Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Do I know this thread exist?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am literate

7 58.33%
  • No, I can't read.

5 41.67%
Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinderBall41 View Post
    But dont forget that +/- is garbage.

Pods sucks.
    Agreed. I have not seen one defensive statistic I like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    Some posters like yourself don't understand how a single is better then a home run,
    #TWTW

Quote Originally Posted by GrinderBall41 View Post
    But dont forget that +/- is garbage.

Pods sucks.
    the +/- system isn't garbage, it's the best system that there is right now for fielding.

And in regards to Pods, the +/- system does not take into consideration arm strength/accuarcy, which pods certainly lacked. Pods was so high on the scale because he was being compared to league average Left Fielders, the likes of which are usually very poor fielders, Manny, Dunn, Quentin and so on. He had much more range and could make a lot more catches in Left Field than other Left Fielders. Numbers from one position do not translate to another, like the average SS would still be a better fielder than the best 1B. The +/- system is all about comparing players with other players who play the same position, so while Pods was a better defensive outfielder than Adam Dunn, he was no where near as good as players like Aaron Rowand and Torii Hunter.

I'M A MONSTER!!!!!!

Trade for Nate McLouth

Sign any Cuban..........Not named Feidel!!!

Raul ?

Lowe... Sign that guy

Rafael Furcal and Ollie Perez I want.

REGGIE! REGGIE! REGGIE! Welcome to South Beach, Reggie!!!!

Hudson or Furcal would be fantastic

Why not Teixeira??

I have been wondering this for awhile about why the white sox are not pursuing Mark Teixiera? Our Sox have let go OC's 10,000,000 million contract Crede's 5 million, Uribe's 4.5 million Halls 1.75 million and Contreras might not be back for next season which would free up about 4 or 5 million in cap room. But still KW has not said anything about acquiring any big name free agents such as Teixiera, hudson, Burrell, or possibly ever Furcal. I hope Kenny's been discussing deals which could possibly involve Konerko and anderson and maybe a class A or AA prospect to trade for Chone and free even more space for a possible long term contract for Teixiera. Lets be realistic and say the the speed of Konerko, Thome, Dye, AJ, Fields and Q's (decent) speed are not gonna get the white sox to be a contending WS championship team. So what do you guys think? What would be the best sinario for the white sox this offseason? What will it take for the white sox to be a contending team again?

sign orlando hudson. Then sign the cuban guy to compete with fields. then trade javier and someone else for nate mclouth. then 2009 world series champs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.WhiteSox View Post
    I have been wondering this for awhile about why the white sox are not pursuing Mark Teixiera? Our Sox have let go OC's 10,000,000 million contract Crede's 5 million, Uribe's 4.5 million Halls 1.75 million and Contreras might not be back for next season which would free up about 4 or 5 million in cap room. But still KW has not said anything about acquiring any big name free agents such as Teixiera, hudson, Burrell, or possibly ever Furcal. I hope Kenny's been discussing deals which could possibly involve Konerko and anderson and maybe a class A or AA prospect to trade for Chone and free even more space for a possible long term contract for Teixiera. Lets be realistic and say the the speed of Konerko, Thome, Dye, AJ, Fields and Q's (decent) speed are not gonna get the white sox to be a contending WS championship team. So what do you guys think? What would be the best sinario for the white sox this offseason? What will it take for the white sox to be a contending team again?
    1. We still have to pay Conteras's full contract this season
    2. There is no "cap" in baseball
    3. Where will Tex play? We currently have a 1b who makes way to much money to sit on the bench, and moving Konerko is not likely

Quote Originally Posted by b3ars4life View Post
    sign orlando hudson. Then sign the cuban guy to compete with fields. then trade javier and someone else for nate mclouth. then 2009 world series champs!!!
    i wouldn't give up much more than javy for mcclouth, but i like ur plan.

Quote Originally Posted by chisox311 View Post
    i wouldn't give up much more than javy for mcclouth, but i like ur plan.
    McLouth's stats last year: BA: .276 HR 26 RBI 94 OBP: 356 OPS: .853

AND, he's only 27 and he's also locked up cheap with the Pirates for the next 3 seasons. So, I'm pretty sure it would take more then Javy to get him..

Cool

Seriously KW should be doing everything to get B. Roberts which would kill two birds with one stone. He should be focusing on putting a package together that the Orioles can't say no and pull the trigger. In Roberts we get our regular 2B leadoff hitter with speed, good OBP skills and defense. Then KW should grab Viciedo who would battle Fields for our 3B of the future and maybe try trading for CF-McLouth who would be a perfect 2hitter in our lineup and cover our hole in center.

1.Roberts
    2.McLouth
    3.Quentin
    4.Thome
    5.Konerko
    6.Dye
    7.Viciedo/Fields
    8.AJ
    9.Ramirez
    Last edited by Juaus; 11-15-2008 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.WhiteSox View Post
    Contreras might not be back for next season which would free up about 4 or 5 million in cap room.
    Just for clarification, weather or not Jose Contreras throws a pitch or not, the sox are on the hook for his deal. This is the MLB, it's guaranteed money. Oh, and he made 10 million last year.

Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast