Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Do I know this thread exist?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am literate

7 58.33%
  • No, I can't read.

5 41.67%
Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast

The Sign This Guy Thread

FA is now official and I'm laying the hammer down. ANY random player thread like I just did with Randy Johnson will be moved in here, so do me and all the readers a favor and just post them here. Name 300 guys in here, I don't care, do whatever you want in who you want in here.

For starters, Ben Sheets, SIGN THAT GUY.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    Some posters like yourself don't understand how a single is better then a home run,
    #TWTW

Sheets too injury prone for me...

Someone mentioned this in another thread and I think he would do well here and that's trading for Hermida.

For the record, I am not a fan of the platooning of BA and Owens.

Thank you!

The Cuban Babe Ruth. SIGN THAT GUY!!!

O-dawg! Sign that guy!

i say we sign cc sabathia i no its impossible for the whitesox to really open up the wallet but what a way to stick it right back to the yankees after the trade that shall not be mentioned for stfu's sake

Kerry Wood, sign that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy GA View Post
    Kerry Wood, sign that guy.
    no and no and...........hmmm...............no!

Quote Originally Posted by JDIsMyGod23 View Post
    FA is now official and I'm laying the hammer down. ANY random player thread like I just did with Randy Johnson will be moved in here, so do me and all the readers a favor and just post them here. Name 300 guys in here, I don't care, do whatever you want in who you want in here.

For starters, Ben Sheets, SIGN THAT GUY.
    you are joking about sheets right?

furcal

I we do in fact trade Vazquez, and we're being realistic, then I want 3-4 years of Derek Lowe. And Viciedo also.
    Loose seal. Watch out for loose seal.

I don't care about Lucille. She lies.

Sign, Jeff Marquez, Jhonny Nunez, and Wilson Betimit, and give the Yankee's Nick Swisher! Oh! that already happened.......... Sign, Tim Lincecum! Damn it!
    "She's kinda cute, in a Santa Claus kinda way!"

Quote Originally Posted by DewsSox79 View Post
    furcal
    I'm with you on that one, Furcal's defense would be very important to the white sox next year. I am not fully sold on Alexei's ability to play SS. Alexei has a good enough arm, but his RZR at 2B was just awful at .790, it was among the worst in the league. Only two guys were worse than alexei and one of them was Orlando Hudson. Hudoson no doubt used to be a gold glove caliber second baseman, but I think age is catching up with him and a middle infield of Alexei and Hudson would cost the white sox a great deal of runs. Not to mention, if fields is our 3B we could potentially have the worst defensive infield in the majors which has tons of negative ramifications, especially with guys like Floyd and Buehrle who pitch to contact a lot. And then think about adding another pitcher like broadway or Richard who don't strike many batters out

I'M A MONSTER!!!!!!

I don't get how people just turn around and call good defensive players bad because of a few misleading stats. Is it just overanalysis because we're only 5% through a long offseason?

Orlando Hudson is a very good second-baseman.

Alexei was a good second-baseman and will be a good shortstop (don't forget, he never really played 2B on a day-to-day basis before 08).

Quote Originally Posted by pooriejay View Post
    I don't get how people just turn around and call good defensive players bad because of a few misleading stats. Is it just overanalysis because we're only 5% through a long offseason?

Orlando Hudson was a very good second-baseman.

Alexei was a good second-baseman and will be a good shortstop (don't forget, he never really played 2B on a day-to-day basis before 08).
    Fixed.

Using the plus/minus system had Hudson at -6 this season which means he made six less plays than the average second baseman, which equates to a loss of about 4 runs over the average second baseman. I think Alexei was in the same neighborhood as Hudson, I am not sure but I think he was -4 plays, which is -3 runs. I know Alexei's natural position is SS but just moving a guy because he is more comfortable doesn't increase his range or increase his fielding percentage. SS are better average fielder's than 2B so I feel that Alexei's numbers would be even worse at SS.

I'M A MONSTER!!!!!!

But dont forget that +/- is garbage.

Pods sucks.

Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast