Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Fox Sports Top 10 Players

Source: Foxsports

10. Dirk Nowitzki, PF, Dallas Mavericks
    He's the best shooting big man in the game and capable of extraordinary runs. But he and the Mavs have dipped. Let's see if coach Rick Carlisle can help Nowitzki and the team get back to where they were.

9. Amare Stoudemire, PF, Phoenix Suns
    STAT, if he can manage to avoid injuries -- which seems difficult for him -- could be unstoppable this season with Shaquille O'Neal next to him. He's a way better shooter than people acknowledge.

8. Paul Pierce, SF, Boston Celtics
    Although he declared himself the best player in the world, the Finals MVP is not. He did move to the next level because of his finals performance, but let's see if he managed not to get too full of himself.

7. Dwyane Wade, SG, Miami Heat
    Despite his injuries the past two seasons, he looked like his old self at the Olympics, so we'll give him the benefit of the doubt. But with his reckless style of play, you have to wonder how long he'll last.

6. Dwight Howard, C, Orlando Magic
    The young monster kicked it up a notch last season and the Magic had a chance to go further, if other players had carried their share of the load. Howard still needs to develop on the offensive end though.

5. Kevin Garnett, PF, Boston Celtics
    He had his magic moment winning the title last season, showing great leadership and team focus. Garnett has that innate talent that allows him to know what to do at any given moment to win.

4. Tim Duncan, PF, San Antonio Spurs
    He's still the most solid all-around big man in the game. Although Duncan hasn't been scoring as much with Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili around, he's doing everything else and getting clutch baskets.

3. Chris Paul, PG, New Orleans Hornets
    He made the jump from borderline All-Star to superstar in one fell swoop. Paul is the new-age point guard, with the total package rolled into one. This season they have to carry it to the conference finals.

2. Kobe Bryant, SG, Los Angeles Lakers
    Incredible toughness playing through hand injury and still the best clutch shooter in the game. He even showed leadership that carried them to the Finals, where he finally ran out of gas.

1. LeBron James, SF, Cleveland Cavaliers
    He's grown up to 6-9, 260 -- Karl Malone size with Michael Jordan explosiveness. Now if he can only get consistent in his shooting, he'll be unstoppable
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

no deron?

No Deron is a good question. Paul Pierce would not even be considered on this last this time last year. I guess thats what a good playoff does for you.(Looking at you Jerome James)
    Atlanta Braves
    Cleveland Indians

Cleveland Cavaliers
    Atlanta Hawks

Cleveland Browns
    Atlanta Falcons

Ohio University '13

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobjarree View Post
    no deron?

You could make a good case that he should be ranked higher than Wade. I don't see how Pierce, Amare and Dirk are all ranked higher than him.

their just making the chip on his shoulder even bigger, and he plays better like that.

if fully fit he should be an allstar and up their in the race to MVP again

PP the dick head needs to be taken off of the list. I've got no problem with the rest. Put Deron there.

Dirk!?!?!?! Wtf lol
    “Those who hate most fervently must have once loved deeply; those who want to deny the world must have once embraced what they now set on fire.”

i love the Deron. he is the ****! but he kills the Warriors, so no top ten for him damn it! jk, i would put him over dirk i think.

Quote Originally Posted by JIDsanity View Post
    PP the dick head needs to be taken off of the list. I've got no problem with the rest. Put Deron there.
    um....... really? why cause he is not the best athlete or what? cause i think PP absoulutly smashed everyone in the playoffs lasts year( esp. kobe!) so i would not exclude him at all at least for the first part of the year, if you ask me he earned a spot!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post

You could make a good case that he should be ranked higher than Wade. I don't see how Pierce, Amare and Dirk are all ranked higher than him.
    You could also make a case for Pierce> Kobe or Dirk>Lebron but it doesn't make it true. Wade>>>>Deron.

Dirk in the top 10 wowowowowowowowowow

Quote Originally Posted by b_rad23 View Post
    You could also make a case for Pierce> Kobe or Dirk>Lebron but it doesn't make it true. Wade>>>>Deron.
    I think we can both say that Deron is closer to Wade than Pierce is to Kobe and Dirk is to LeBron.

Granted, Pierce was great in the play-offs, but he's got a way to go before he approaches Kobe over the course of his career. Dirk is a great player, but he hasn't accomplished more than LeBron, and LeBron's 23.

Anyway, I wasn't saying Deron is better than Wade, I was just saying he should be on that top 10. Agree or disagree?
    Last edited by Wilson; 10-23-2008 at 11:06 PM.

I've got no beef with this list. Deron deserves to be on there, but so do the ten that are on it. I think Carmelo Anthony deserves to be in the conversation as well.

Seems like there is a new ranking every week. Pierce should not be ahead of stoudamire, and Dirk isn't a top ten player. Deron should've been added.

Dirk deserves top 10, he is a unique player who over the last few years has been a top player in the league (was an mvp not too long ago). Just a couple of bad performances at the wrong times have hurt him. Still a star player that carries his team and creates matchup nightmares.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast