Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Something should be done about QB at the trade deadline.

It's on Tuesday, and I think we should go out and get somebody. Anyone's better than Cassell, with his 78 QB rating and only 3 touchdowns in 5 games. OMG, he's got Randy Moss and he's only managed 2 TD's to him in 5 games!!! The only other QB's in the league who have less TD's than Cassell are guys who haven't played all year!!

If the team doesn't go out and get someone to replace Cassell, it's clearly showing that they could care less about the post season, and are just going to chalk it up to another profitable year because, heck, all the seats are already bought and paid for.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

Man, I would hate to be around you on the Titanic!

It's a football team for chrissakes! It's lost its most irreplaceable player for a season - at the most irreplaceable position in the sport - if not all of team sports. Furthermore it has without a doubt the most difficult to learn receiver/QB system in the NFL.

You actually believe that BB/Kraft wouldn't make a move if they believed a move should be made because of cost? Or are we back to your uncontrollable anxiety again?

Considering QB replacing midway through seasons has been done one zillion times before, I'm getting rather tired about how everyone says the new QB has to learn, learn, learn. If any QB in the league can't throw to Randy Moss, he shouldn't be in the league. Many QB's have come into a team on short notice and performed well. You act like it can't be done. Believe me, anyone coming in and having to learn our system will have a better chance at getting us a win than Cassel. How many years has he learned our system and all he can muster this year is 3 touchdown passes? C'mon, that theory of knowing the system goes right out the door, which is where Cassel should go.

Quote Originally Posted by 69centers View Post
    Considering QB replacing midway through seasons has been done one zillion times before, I'm getting rather tired about how everyone says the new QB has to learn, learn, learn. If any QB in the league can't throw to Randy Moss, he shouldn't be in the league. Many QB's have come into a team on short notice and performed well. You act like it can't be done. Believe me, anyone coming in and having to learn our system will have a better chance at getting us a win than Cassel. How many years has he learned our system and all he can muster this year is 3 touchdown passes? C'mon, that theory of knowing the system goes right out the door, which is where Cassel should go.
    It's not a matter of throwing. I threw a 51 yard spiral Saturday which is pretty good for a 51 year old. Its a matter of throwing to the guy where he will be before he even gets there. The Pats do not have just one destination per route they have 2-5, which can be changed to some extent by the QB at the line, but much more often the WR and QB are supposed to notice something about the D in silence. You wanna coach a guy like say Favre to do that, when he has spent his whole life being a cowboy?

Can it be done? Sure thing, study Brady's career.

Hey, don't get me wrong, I went to the anti Cassel side at the end of Sundays game. I just cannot see that there is some great guy lying around as a FA, or that can be traded for that will make any big impact - so, the only other move is to give the kid a shot.

The trade deadline has come and passed, and we did nothing. That's because there was NOTHING out there. Did you want Jon Kitna or something? There were no solutions, so just relax. My god, you bring everyone down with your pessimism. You only post crap like this after we lose.

Patriots Playoffs 2012: Go Hard Or Go Home!

OK, just for you, I'll come in here and post that Cassel sucks after our next win. Only thing is, we may be waiting a long time for that! He sucks after our wins and he sucks after our losses, it doesn't change a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by 69centers View Post
    OK, just for you, I'll come in here and post that Cassel sucks after our next win. Only thing is, we may be waiting a long time for that! He sucks after our wins and he sucks after our losses, it doesn't change a thing.
    He looked good when he came in against KC, he looked good again when he started against the Jets, and despite the 2 picks against the Niners, he played well there too.

Patriots Playoffs 2012: Go Hard Or Go Home!