Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Capital G View Post
    do the mets even have any good prospects?
    F-Mart

Besides that not really.

Quote Originally Posted by Capital G View Post
    do the mets even have any good prospects?
    The only two prospects they have worth going after are probably just about untouchable (Wilmer Flores and Fernando Martinez).
    Loose seal. Watch out for loose seal.

I don't care about Lucille. She lies.

1.Hudson- 2b
    2.PIerzynski- C
    3.Bradley- DH
    4. Quentin- LF
    5.Dye- RF
    6.Griffey jr. - CF
    7.Ramirez - SS
    8. Swish- 1b
    9. Uribe- 3b

Rotation
    1. Floyd
    2. Danks
    3. buehrle
    4. Contreras
    5. Lannan

I really think my post count in this forum is going to be cut by 80% this winter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    Some posters like yourself don't understand how a single is better then a home run,
    #TWTW

Yeah way too many dreams.

Realistically this is our lineup for next year

Figgens
    Swisher
    Quentin
    Dye
    Thome
    Konerko
    Alexii
    AJ
    Juanny

Quote Originally Posted by iDaBears85 View Post
    Yeah way too many dreams.

Realistically this is our lineup for next year

Figgens
    Swisher
    Quentin
    Dye
    Thome
    Konerko
    Alexii
    AJ
    Juanny
    realistically i see something like this...

SS Ramirez R
    CF Swisher S
    LF Quentin R
    RF Dye R
    DH Thome L
    1B Konerko R
    C Pierzynski L
    3B Fields R
    2B Getz L

seriously, no joke.

but the fun part about being a sox fan is we all know kenny is completly unpredictable.

i challeng anyone to find a post even suggesting we where going to get nick swisher or ocab a year ago today, or trading lee for pods and vizcaino or thome for rowand, or garica for floyd and gio.

every offseason its something else, and he claims to already have a plan hes been working on for 3 months. lets see what it is because none of us have a ****ing clue really.
    Son, you just don't get it, i'm talking bout TWTW!

I know if we hear any rumors it won't happen. Just have to wait to be shocked
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    Some posters like yourself don't understand how a single is better then a home run,
    #TWTW

Quote Originally Posted by JDIsMyGod23 View Post
    I know if we hear any rumors it won't happen. Just have to wait to be shocked
    pretty much

hopefully we spend most of our money on bullpen help and not washed up players like we usually do or trade our farm team for washed up players

Quote Originally Posted by whitesoxfan83 View Post
    realistically i see something like this...

SS Ramirez R
    CF Swisher S
    LF Quentin R
    RF Dye R
    DH Thome L
    1B Konerko R
    C Pierzynski L
    3B Fields R
    2B Getz L
    I wouldn't hate that . I think that Getz would prove that he can hit at the top of the order and hit leadoff or 2nd, and then Ramirez could be moved down to 6 within a month.

Josh Fields and Lance Broadway for Adrian Beltre and a lot of cash to pay his ridic contract.

not saying i want that to happen, but just a gut feeling inside me says kenny wants beltre or mora.

WSF, not picking on you, but I don't like Alexei leading off. He's our most clutch hitter and needs to have guys on base. He's also way to aggressive at the plate and barely ever walks. If he learns how to steal some bags, maybe I'll support it. But I guess when you look at the big picture, there really isn't anyone else to leadoff besides him with your lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHotCorner7 View Post
    WSF, not picking on you, but I don't like Alexei leading off. He's our most clutch hitter and needs to have guys on base. He's also way to aggressive at the plate and barely ever walks. If he learns how to steal some bags, maybe I'll support it. But I guess when you look at the big picture, there really isn't anyone else to leadoff besides him with your lineup.
    1 neither do i

2 exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHotCorner7 View Post
    Needs to be in an RBI producing spot. 100% agree.
    HOCKEY NEVER LEFT CHICAGO

BUT IT CERTAINLY HAS RETURNED

Ok, so here's my ideas. I think we can all agree that this team could use a little more balance with guys that can set the table for the big boys we allready have. There's only 3 spots (starting lineup) on this team that I think we will be addressing. They are 3B, CF, 2B/SS (which ever Alexie doesn't pay).

So here's what I would do. I'd try to sign either Furcal (Alexie would play 2B) or Hudson (Alexie would play SS). If the angels don't resign Tex, I'd trade Paulie for Figgins (might need a few players on either side to make it work, but that would be the jist of it). I'm willing to give Anderson a shot at regular playing time, but would want to have another CF option (which I guess Swish can be if we don't trade Konerko). So here's what my lineup would look like with the Paulie, for Figgins deal....

1 Figgins 3B
    2 Hudson/Furcal 2B/SS
    3 Quintin LF
    4 Dye RF
    5 Thome
    6 Ramirez 2B/SS
    7 AJ C
    8 Swisher 1B ( he can move up if he starts hitting again)
    9 Anderson/Wise/Pickup at CF

I think that lineup would be well balance with speed and power.

On the pitching side... I would try and deal Javy. I just don't want him on this team. We could get a prospect, an arm or two in the bullpen, or just get him off the payroll. I don't really care. I'm willing to give Richard a shot at the 5th spot. I thought he showed something down the stretch and in the playoffs. We would need another pitcher to take Javy's spot, because it sounds like Jose will be gone for sometime. I haven't looked to much into the FA starting pitchers, but maybe someone like Garland (that type, a 3 or 4) we could bring in. I would love to get Derek Lowe but I would imagine he would cost a lot. So my rotation would be...

1 Buerhle
    2 Floyd
    3 Danks
    4 FA
    5 Richards/in house prospect steps up

In the bullpen, Jenks, Thorton, Linebrink, and Dotel can stay and everyone else can go. Well maybe bring back Carasco. What do you guys think?

Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast