Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Does anybody have, or know where I can get a list of White Sox free agents up to this moment? Someone told me the list was, among others, this: Danks, Floyd, Quentin, Uribe, Crede, Cabrera.
    I know Crede, Cabrera are, but I wanted to be sure of the others on the team. before you make a move, you need to sign the guys you want next year.

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySox View Post
    What about a package including Dye and some prospects for Rollins?
    I admittedly know very little of the Reds situation and don't care to look it up right now.
    If we could pull of something that gives us Figgins or Rollins along with signing Hudson, we would be in great shape offensively.

I think if we traded for Rollins, then Alexei would play 3B.

Ive also heard the Mike Young is on the block, from a Rangers fan in the MLB forum.

Quote Originally Posted by fantana View Post
    Does anybody have, or know where I can get a list of White Sox free agents up to this moment? Someone told me the list was, among others, this: Danks, Floyd, Quentin, Uribe, Crede, Cabrera.
    I know Crede, Cabrera are, but I wanted to be sure of the others on the team. before you make a move, you need to sign the guys you want next year.
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2007/1...lb-free-a.html

Not Danks, Floyd, or CQ.

How come there is a thread for Your 2009 Chicago White Sox and The Official Offseason/Trade Idea???

Arent these 2 threads basically the same? In both threads we are going to be talk about trade ideas. Sorry not trying to be mean spirited but like to have one thread for trade ideas and not going back and forth in between threads when we are basically talking same thing in each thread

The trade thread is just for trade ideas alone, this thread is for who you want the 25 man roster to be, so you can argue who you want within the organization too. I thought this thread would be more active considering it's ideas, the idea for the other one was just to spit out your dream 25 man and go from there. If there is a problem I could change it, but I believe it's working.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    Some posters like yourself don't understand how a single is better then a home run,
    #TWTW

Ok JD I understand no problem!

I honestly think the first thing we will see is Greg Walker being gone. Possibly in the next few days, maybe 2 weeks.
    HOCKEY NEVER LEFT CHICAGO

BUT IT CERTAINLY HAS RETURNED

Here's another good one about Kenny wanting to add balance to the lineup

White Sox fans should fasten their seat belts for what should be a wild winter.

"I know what I want to do," general manager Ken Williams said Monday night after the Sox were eliminated from the postseason by Tampa Bay. "I've known what I've wanted to do for three months."

Williams seems so convinced of his intentions that he plans a "very condensed" version of the annual organizational meetings held in the fall in the Phoenix area. The organizational meetings usually allow high-level staff members to share their evaluations of players and organizational needs.

"You'll be in Las Vegas," Williams told two beat writers, referring to the site of the winter meetings Dec. 8-11. "You just never know how it's going to pan out. You know I've got ideas. I've got a plan."
    Williams wasn't specific, but the Sox's pedestrian style caused them to rely heavily on home runs. They stole only 67 bases, and Orlando Cabrera was forced to move from the second spot to the leadoff position for the final five months of the season.

Cabrera led the Sox with 19 stolen bases. Cabrera said returning to the Sox is an option, but he's likely to sign elsewhere while the Sox try to acquire a true leadoff hitter through trade or free agency.

"We've got to do some things," Williams said. "We've got to do some things to balance this out more, offensively and defensively."

This could mean trying to move at least one of their players with some type of no-trade rights. First baseman Paul Konerko has full no-trade rights and is signed through 2010 at $12 million annually.

Designated hitter Jim Thome also has no-trade rights with a $13 million contract for 2009. Pitcher Javier Vazquez has a no-trade clause to nine West Division teams and will earn $11.5 million in each of the next two seasons.

The Sox also have a question mark at third base with Joe Crede becoming a free agent after missing the final month with recurring back injuries. Infielder Juan Uribe and backup catcher Toby Hall each expressed a desire to stay.

"You cannot make good decisions at this time," Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf said. "You have to rest, get your head clear and have a chance to think about things. And Kenny will. We'll be fine."
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,4167043.story

FYI, If there is any credited info like an article or a quoted rumor. You can make a new thread about it for discussion. Just so you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    Some posters like yourself don't understand how a single is better then a home run,
    #TWTW

With their season over, it's time to round up some White Sox rumors.

Scot Gregor of the Daily Herald says GM Kenny Williams wants to add speed to the top and bottom of his order. Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune hints at the same.
    The speedy and available: Brian Roberts, Ichiro Suzuki (maybe), Coco Crisp, Nick Punto, Willy Taveras, Jerry Hairston Jr., Juan Pierre, Randy Winn, Bobby Abreu, Luis Castillo, Corey Patterson, Julio Lugo, and Cesar Izturis.
    Gonzales says Juan Uribe (free agent) and Toby Hall (club option) would like to return. Ken Griffey Jr. would also be willing to talk.
    Gonzales ponders a veteran shakeup, wondering if the Sox will look to move players with no-trade clauses such as Paul Konerko, Jim Thome, and Javier Vazquez. Chris De Luca sees Nick Swisher staying, but no chance of re-signing Orlando Cabrera.
    MLB trade rumors

The only players on that speed list I would even consider would be Ichiro, Roberts, Crisp and Tavares.

I would like to re-sign Hall as the backup catcher.

Also, I could see Luis Castillo happening. Ozzie loves him, and he's a terrific defensive 2B.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHotCorner7 View Post
    Here's another good one about Kenny wanting to add balance to the lineup

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,4167043.story
    I can't wait for the winter meetings!

Quote Originally Posted by GrinderBall41 View Post
    I would like to re-sign Hall as the backup catcher.

Also, I could see Luis Castillo happening. Ozzie loves him, and he's a terrific defensive 2B.
    Didnt Castillo just sign a 4yr contract last offseason?

Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    Didnt Castillo just sign a 4yr contract last offseason?
    Castillo is good if you like weak groundouts in the infield.

Ill pass.

Yea STFU, I dont like Castillo either thats why I asked if he just signed a contract last offseason.

Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast