Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1858666768
Results 1,006 to 1,013 of 1013
    does anyone know why, not only our Sox, but a good chunck of teams are eyeing Orlanso Hudson. I mean aside from his gold gloves he appears to be rather average. 31 years old. Hit over .300 once (.304 last season and isnt that reminisant of the Cabrera signing right after his .300 year?), .290 once and.280 once. Won't steal you a base and just isnt that fastest around. Why not just let a young kid figure it out out there? Even if he gets off to a slow start a season is not going to be lost to a rookie in the 9-hole, it's lost when the heart of the order doesnt hit their weight or age in HRs.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiSportsNut View Post
    does anyone know why, not only our Sox, but a good chunck of teams are eyeing Orlanso Hudson. I mean aside from his gold gloves he appears to be rather average. 31 years old. Hit over .300 once (.304 last season and isnt that reminisant of the Cabrera signing right after his .300 year?), .290 once and.280 once. Won't steal you a base and just isnt that fastest around. Why not just let a young kid figure it out out there? Even if he gets off to a slow start a season is not going to be lost to a rookie in the 9-hole, it's lost when the heart of the order doesnt hit their weight or age in HRs.
    Because of his defense. And the Sox aren't going after him anymore. He wants close to $10 mil a year. Us signing Nix indicated Hudson wasn't coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballkings99 View Post
    maybe you guys are correct....but I think you are all crazy if you think that there is not a chance of this happening...and lifetime stats .300 avg with an average 40-50 sb, and average of 170 runs or more....don't tell me that doesn't make sense when you need a true leadoff hitter, and you can get him as cheap as Pierre is going to come. If you don't believe the stats look it up for your self. His stats do not lie, whether you like him or not it would be a good fit. Pierre is who I am talking about.
    Pierre is ****ing trash. Who care about his avg when his OBP in in the .330's.

He is a pinch runner. Nothing more.

What about going after Elijah Dukes or Lastings Milledge from the Nationals for CF? We could offer Broadway/Marquez and Brandon Allen.

I am just trying to come up with some more names for CF.

I think KW goes into the Winter Meetings looking for a bargain SP. I think he will take a look at the price tags for Pedro Martinez (I would offer 1yr/$7 mil). I don't know any other SP he will look at.

Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    What about going after Elijah Dukes or Lastings Milledge from the Nationals for CF? We could offer Broadway/Marquez and Brandon Allen.
    Ive always like Milledge, and he's only 24.

Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    **** THAT! There's a reason they're on the Nationals. They were pricks who thought they were better than the world. The Nationals blow so they could put up with pieces of trash attitudes like that because it's just saying to them "Yeah, you're good, but you're the best on the worst team. Congratulations."

Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1858666768