Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast

The Official Offseason/Trade Idea Volume I

OK!

This is what I want from you guys, any random trade ideas, post them HERE. I don't want any threads saying Chase Utley? Yes, he is a nice player, but we will never get him. All those ideas can go here, also, any dumping ideas with our players.

If there are any sources like MLBTR, Roto, ESPN, anything like that. You can post a new thread about that because that can be at least considered.

I will move all random player idea threads in here if they aren't with a source, so just save me the time and headache and do that. With these guidelines, I hope you will follow them, make this place a lot more organized and clutter free and if it's too big of a problem then we can go back to randomness with no substance.

SO! Here it is trade ideas here. And if you want your new idea to be seen, pull a SFS63 and put a heading on it

Here's to hope some of our dreams come reality. And if you want to trade JD I will ask that you are banned

- JD White Sox TM
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    Some posters like yourself don't understand how a single is better then a home run,
    #TWTW

Can we trade Quentin to the Reds? I heard they need a LF.
    Just move the team to Gary, rename them the Armpitts and get it over with already.

Trade someone to the Nats for John Lannan to be our 5th starter

Quote Originally Posted by 1-800-STFU View Post
    Trade someone to the Nats for John Lannan to be our 5th starter
    meh
    Son, you just don't get it, i'm talking bout TWTW!

Quote Originally Posted by whitesoxfan83 View Post
    meh
    ERA under 4 and a WHIP of 1.3

Not bad at all for a 5th starter.

Jimmy Rollins or Jose Reyes

J-Roll i've heard may be looked to be traded after dissin the Philly fans and Jose Reyes name could come up in trade disscussions as the Mets make look to make some moves after another late season collapse. are more than proven lead off hitters and although I would perfer Reyes, J-Roll would be tight as hell also.

What would you guys offer for either one? I would go as far as to give Fields/Broadway/Prospect for J-Roll and I am not sure what we could offer Reyes

Ichiro hates Seattle. We need speed and we could use him in CF. Trade Richard, Fields, Owens, Broadway, and a shitload of money.

Quote Originally Posted by southside2234 View Post

J-Roll i've heard may be looked to be traded after dissin the Philly fans and Jose Reyes name could come up in trade disscussions as the Mets make look to make some moves after another late season collapse. are more than proven lead off hitters and although I would perfer Reyes, J-Roll would be tight as hell also.

What would you guys offer for either one? I would go as far as to give Fields/Broadway/Prospect for J-Roll and I am not sure what we could offer Reyes
    There's no way in hell that the Phillies deal Rollins. Even though he's had his problems with the Phillies fans (calling them front runners), and he's also had problems with his manager Charlie Manuel, but they still wouldn't overlook the fact that he's an MVP Caliber SS. And even if the Phillies did make Rollins available, it would take a hell of a lot more then Broadway/Fields to land him.

Quote Originally Posted by blinkfn91 View Post
    Ichiro hates Seattle. We need speed and we could use him in CF. Trade Richard, Fields, Owens, Broadway, and a shitload of money.
    word on the street is ichiro is a total douchebag somehow i just dont see him and ozzie coexisting, id love to have him. i think he would become the highest paid player on the team though....and that he is not worth.

Hey I think Andruw Jones is a free agent

Ya so I mentioned earlier about Jose being a reliever when he returns, this is a pretty good article about next season.

he White Sox's 2009 roster could feature Clayton Richard in the starting rotation and injured Jose Contreras working as a reliever if he's healthy.

As for the prospect of adding much-needed speed to the lineup, manager Ozzie Guillen was reluctant to address the topic.

"We need speed, but they have to have talent," Guillen said before the Sox beat Tampa Bay 5-3 Sunday to extend their American League Division Series. "I know I would like to see some more speed. But when you talk about speed, you can't talk about nine rabbits. You can't."

The Sox plan to return injured Carlos Quentin to the third spot in the batting order. Quentin was not activated for the ALDS but ripped line drives Sunday in pregame batting practice. Designated hitter Jim Thome, right fielder Jermaine Dye and first baseman Paul Konerko all have various forms of no-trade rights, making a total team makeover unlikely.But with third baseman Joe Crede and shortstop Orlando Cabrera destined for free agency, the Sox could feature a new left side of the infield, with Alexei Ramirez moving from second base to shortstop.

The Sox could add speed at third and/or second base with players who could hit at the top or bottom of the order. Arizona second baseman Orlando Hudson is a free agent, and speedy and versatile Angels infielder Chone Figgins is arbitration eligible.

"But in the meanwhile, it's not easy to go out there and say, 'OK, that guy, that guy and that guy, and here's the White Sox,' " Guillen said.

Contreras is recovering from a ruptured right Achilles' that could sideline him until May at least. Guillen said Contreras' progress would dictate his role "because I'm not in a hurry."

The major reason Guillen can be patient is the ascent of Richard, who started the regular season at Double-A Birmingham but pitched well enough to make the Sox's postseason roster.

"I will take a chance with him," Guillen said. "Obviously, he has to show what he can do in spring training.."
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,5813216.story

Quote Originally Posted by FarmioFan1 View Post
    Can we trade Quentin to the Reds? I heard they need a LF.
    Haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-800-STFU View Post
    ERA under 4 and a WHIP of 1.3

Not bad at all for a 5th starter.
    He'd get destroyed in the Cell, his peripheral stats kind of suck also.
    Quote Originally Posted by southside2234 View Post

A Rollins deal probably could happen but a package of prospects doesn't make sense for the Phils, I expect Rollins would cost us Quentin, and that's something I wouldn't be prepared to do.
    Loose seal. Watch out for loose seal.

I don't care about Lucille. She lies.

Quote Originally Posted by zzConflict View Post
    Haha.

He'd get destroyed in the Cell, his peripheral stats kind of suck also.

A Rollins deal probably could happen but a package of prospects doesn't make sense for the Phils, I expect Rollins would cost us Quentin, and that's something I wouldn't be prepared to do.
    What about a package including Dye and some prospects for Rollins?
    I admittedly know very little of the Reds situation and don't care to look it up right now.

i can say one thing for the offseason,there's a pretty high likelyhhod of kw doing something not everyone will see logic in and question but will probably turn into a net positive

Quote Originally Posted by abe_froman View Post
    i can say one thing for the offseason,there's a pretty high likelyhhod of kw doing something not everyone will see logic in and question but will probably turn into a net positive
    Thats what Ive been saying. I think it will be moving Dye.

Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast