Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    31,793

    Waiver Wire Thread: Drops & Pick-ups

    The NBA season will start in about a little less than a month from now, so for now we can use this thread to discuss which players may be in the waiver wire pool throughout the season, players who will begin in the waiver wire pool and then become solid players and etc. But throughout the season, we can use this thread in case if anyone needs help or advice on which players they should pick-up or which players should be dropped and etc. This is a very important part of fantasy basketball and can help you a lot if you use it the right way.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    12,610
    Okey dokey....

    Drop Stephon Marbury for all those who have him right now.
    Kyle Kendrick sucks.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,917
    drop starbury only i got right now

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    16,769
    The annoying thing about the Yahoo waiver wire is that in the middle of it they list all the rookies and bums, which goes on for pages, and after that comes a number of pages with some pretty good role players and vets.

    I never understood why they don't put all those scrubs at the end and put guys like for example Jerry stackhouse in the middle of the ranking instead, where they belong, but they've had it this way since I began playing fantasy bball in 2006.

    So keep in mind that on their current list there still are a lot of usuful players to be found at the end of the ranking, behind all those pages of noobs and bums.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    12,610
    Would you guys have OJ Mayo on your fantasy team? I'm looking to draft him in the later round.
    Kyle Kendrick sucks.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    16,769
    Quote Originally Posted by AirJordanXVIII View Post
    Would you guys have OJ Mayo on your fantasy team? I'm looking to draft him in the later round.
    I have drafted 3 public league teams to practise for the PSD drafts, and so far I drafted him twice, in the 9th and 10th round I think.

    We'll have to wait and see if he lives up to the hype he (once) got, but I believe he has all the tools, so he could be a huge steal that late in the draft.
    And if not then there is always plenty of guys who emerge throughout the season to replace him with. It's a gamble worth taking Imo.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Golden 1 Center
    Posts
    81,613
    is ramon sessions worth adding to my team?

    should i drop marc gasol?


    “My team is a super team, just young.” - Kings GM Vlade Divac. June 21, 2018

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    12,610
    Both have the same amount of potenial. Depends if you need a big man or a guard.
    Kyle Kendrick sucks.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    15,924
    Quote Originally Posted by AirJordanXVIII View Post
    Would you guys have OJ Mayo on your fantasy team? I'm looking to draft him in the later round.
    Right now the only rookies that make me feel comfortable enough to give a mid round draft choice for is Oden , Love and Beasley. Outside him I'm not so sure I would risk burning a pick on one unless its late but by that point any high profile rookies will be long gone.
    Last edited by LD V2.0; 10-15-2008 at 08:29 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    15,795
    Quote Originally Posted by LD V2.0 View Post
    Right now the only rookies that make me feel comfortable enough to give a mid round draft choice for is Oden , Love and Beasley. Outside him I'm not so sure I would risk burning a pick on one unless its late but by that point any high profile rookies will be long gone.
    I'd take Mayo before I'd take Love

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    15,924
    Quote Originally Posted by _Supreme_ View Post
    The annoying thing about the Yahoo waiver wire is that in the middle of it they list all the rookies and bums, which goes on for pages, and after that comes a number of pages with some pretty good role players and vets.

    I never understood why they don't put all those scrubs at the end and put guys like for example Jerry stackhouse in the middle of the ranking instead, where they belong, but they've had it this way since I began playing fantasy bball in 2006.

    So keep in mind that on their current list there still are a lot of usuful players to be found at the end of the ranking, behind all those pages of noobs and bums.
    In the end you decide how Yahoo presents its players on the wire. It is a query after all. You have a lot of options available to you, it doesn't have to be the scenario you're presenting. You could always make a watch list as well.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    9,320
    You guys think Jason Thompson is worth picking up?



  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    15,924
    Yes, depending on who you're dropping.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Golden 1 Center
    Posts
    81,613
    anyone who doesn't have brandan wright on their team...pick him up!!!

    along with spencer hawes and jason thompson


    “My team is a super team, just young.” - Kings GM Vlade Divac. June 21, 2018

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    12,610
    Is Beandan WRight starting?
    Kyle Kendrick sucks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •