Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Yao and the Rockets

If you were the Rockets, what would you do regarding Yao Ming and his health?
    In my opinion, anyone who weighs 300+, and plays 12 months a year, year after year, will become totally injury prone. If I were the Rockets, I would sit him the entire training camp. When the regular season starts, have him start practicing. By game 15, he is ready to go. It would give his body a chance to get better, because anyone who saw him in the Olympics knows he is nowhere near 100%. It may cost the Rockets the #1 seed, but a healthy Yao is better than no Yao
    What do you think?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

yeah hopefully he doesn't miss too many games.

If Yao gets injured and he misses the end of the regular season and the playoffs the Rockets are done. The Rockets should rest him especially at the beggining but also a little towards end like against weaker teams.

Bobby Ray Simmons AKA B.O.B= The Best Up-And-Coming Rapper in the Game

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/audio/...hange-gon-come

It seems like scaling back his minutes for the first half of the season would make a lot more sense than sitting him out for the first 15 games. The team needs continuity...he should just play less minutes.

agreed ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Vidball View Post
    It seems like scaling back his minutes for the first half of the season would make a lot more sense than sitting him out for the first 15 games. The team needs continuity...he should just play less minutes.
    in theory, that sounds great. But I find it hard to believe that Adleman could sit a suited up Yao in games that were competitive. I just think he needs to do nothing on it for a month, then ease back in.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

he needs to stop playing for China in the summer

and ideally, i would hope he gets injured within the first couple weeks of the season. That way the team is still good enough to get home court advantage and he will be ready come the 2nd half/playoffs
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Yea I wouldnt play him back to backs but the team needs to get off to a good start and thats impossible without Yao.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    If you were the Rockets, what would you do regarding Yao Ming and his health?
    In my opinion, anyone who weighs 300+, and plays 12 months a year, year after year, will become totally injury prone. If I were the Rockets, I would sit him the entire training camp. When the regular season starts, have him start practicing. By game 15, he is ready to go. It would give his body a chance to get better, because anyone who saw him in the Olympics knows he is nowhere near 100%. It may cost the Rockets the #1 seed, but a healthy Yao is better than no Yao
    What do you think?
    Yao should play 30 mpg a game with T-mac playing 33 mpg now that they have Artest.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

They Should Make serious not sport related or Connected Doctors to give their impression about his health and possible health issues in the future.

If the prospect is not that good they should realize his trade value would go down and down with each new injury .

So trade him while it still is on the up.

^It also can be said about T-Mac but in this case the value on the market is Already on the low because of too many injurys..

Maybe Toronto are crazy enough to make the gamble.... God knows they are already gambling.

I think he'll get injured no matter what the situation, and Tracy's back will finally go out for good. Meanwhile, Artest will offend a lot of people.

i just hope he stays healthy for the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Yao should play 30 mpg a game with T-mac playing 33 mpg now that they have Artest.
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by bball1217 View Post
    i just hope he stays healthy for the playoffs
    2006-2007 they had no excuse. Both T-mac and Yao were healthy for the playoffs.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast