Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 on 5...

3 on 5...

Do you think you could put a team of 3 players....current or past....that could beat a 5 man team like....let's say....the starting lineup of the Grizzlies today??

Doubtful....but just for fun what would your team be???

Mine would be:

Past:
    Prime Shaq
    Hakeem
    MJ

Current:
    D-Howard
    KG
    Kobe

no 3 men can't beat 5. Maybe 4 could

A 3 man team wouldn't be able to play an awful lot of defense, so it'd have to be a scoring machine, maybe Nash, Stoudemire and any athletic wing who can shoot the 3 but doesn't need the ball in his hands to be effective...

Quote Originally Posted by DQL View Post
    no 3 men can't beat 5. Maybe 4 could
    That's why it's hypothetical reverend nofun....

CP3
    Kobe
    D. Howard

It would have to be 3 guys who are extremely athletic, and can guard multiple positions. I think a team of Magic, MJ, and Malone might stand a chance...maybe. Cause all those guys were great athletes, could take double teams and could guaurd 2 or 3 positions. But in the end, I don't think they'd have enough stamina to play a 5 man team. That's just hard to do, cause they're still NBA players they're playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    i don't like girls

Quote Originally Posted by DreamShaker View Post
    Do you think you could put a team of 3 players....current or past....that could beat a 5 man team like....let's say....the starting lineup of the Grizzlies today??

Doubtful....but just for fun what would your team be???

Mine would be:

Past:
    Prime Shaq
    Hakeem
    MJ

Current:
    D-Howard
    KG
    Kobe
    Maybe in a game of 32 playing half court. But playing full court for more than 20 minutes no way.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by superkegger View Post
    It would have to be 3 guys who are extremely athletic, and can guard multiple positions. I think a team of Magic, MJ, and Malone might stand a chance...maybe. Cause all those guys were great athletes, could take double teams and could guaurd 2 or 3 positions. But in the end, I don't think they'd have enough stamina to play a 5 man team. That's just hard to do, cause they're still NBA players they're playing.
    I love Magic i think he might just be the best pg ever but he wasnt that athletic. I think if he had played today he would be effective but i dont he would be able to guard the young and really quick points of today but i know he would punish them on the offense

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    A 3 man team wouldn't be able to play an awful lot of defense, so it'd have to be a scoring machine, maybe Nash, Stoudemire and any athletic wing who can shoot the 3 but doesn't need the ball in his hands to be effective...
    i think people are terrified of nash guarding pgs one on one. but 3 on five he wouldnt stand a chance. On offense there is no question he would be effective though

KOBE, WADE, JAMES

These three guys are physical and often see double/triple teams and come out of it with a bucket or a foul. I bet these three can give a starting 5 like Memphis a run for their money. But I agree that without the defense, it will be tough.

While Dreakshaker's team is pretty dirty, and Shaq/Hakeem/MJ would still be able to punish a 5 man team on offense, I don't think that Shaq and Hakeem would be fast enough to keep up with the way that the 5 man team would run the break on you. So, with that in mind, I think me 3-man team would be three scoring swing men who can play some D, although your strategy in this case really has to be that you don't really hope to stop them on D, and just keep pace scoring baskets. With that said, this would be my team:

Michael Jordan
    Lebron James
    Kobe Bryant

These guys can all play a good defensive game, and can take on multiple defenders on the other end.

One other way to potentially wina game like this would be to have two scoring swingmen (2 of MJ/Kobe/Lebron), and one imposing defenseive big man (Shaq/Wilt/Hakeem) whose only job is to guard the rim and not allow any easy baskets.

I think in order to win a game like that, you would need 3 smaller type players who are extremely active and versatile.

Wade
    Marion
    Jordan or James

Haha just read the post above mine. Yep, people from Toronto know something hah.

MJ
    Hakeem
    and Mutombo...

then you hope jordon is playing the best game of his life offensivly and the opposing team is have the worst shooting night... you can have MJ playing D up top and the other two guys down low helping out on the perimeter a little...

for current Kobe has his 81 point night and you have dwight howard and maybe josh smith for defense doing the same thing hakeem and mutombo were...

basically your only chance is if you have one lights out scorer whos on the top of his game and two athletic defensive guys...

so maybe 1 time out of 50 games the 3 might win...

Quote Originally Posted by JermanJaysFan View Post
    While Dreakshaker's team is pretty dirty, and Shaq/Hakeem/MJ would still be able to punish a 5 man team on offense, I don't think that Shaq and Hakeem would be fast enough to keep up with the way that the 5 man team would run the break on you. So, with that in mind, I think me 3-man team would be three scoring swing men who can play some D, although your strategy in this case really has to be that you don't really hope to stop them on D, and just keep pace scoring baskets. With that said, this would be my team:

Michael Jordan
    Lebron James
    Kobe Bryant

These guys can all play a good defensive game, and can take on multiple defenders on the other end.

One other way to potentially wina game like this would be to have two scoring swingmen (2 of MJ/Kobe/Lebron), and one imposing defenseive big man (Shaq/Wilt/Hakeem) whose only job is to guard the rim and not allow any easy baskets.
    yea but they'd get killed in the post... you could just send everyone crashing the boards... ur second point is what i was thinking but more defensive... have only one scorer and two imposing big men

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast