Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    take camby out put novak........set everyone high Al pass down low to kaman....see if the double comes....and work it from there,,,,,see were the double comes from and move the ball correctly or no double and 1 on 1 with yao,,, facing him not posting him

but if BD was in the game,,,,,i dont want anyone touching it besides him,,,to create or for himself

If it's Houston I'm thinking have either Gordon or Davis walk right around Rafer Alston go to the hole and dunk over Yao! Houston has no D if you attack them right! JK, Alston's D improved a lot last year. However I think our best bet might be to try to exploit Alston's D, probably with Gordon because I gotta think Artest is going to be on Ricky and McGrady or Battier on Al. Hmm actually Rafer probably wouldn't even be in there for them...

I thought Baron wasnt playing in this scenario

^^He's not. I think nomercy was just giving an example of what if he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    And for the topic you attack whoever Tmac is defending. Not so much because hes a bad defender because with the game on the line he really steps it up but because hes no Artest, and Rafer is an excellent defender.
    my understanding has been that alston is great at defending against penentration, but not much of a shot blocker. if he uses a set screen properly, I would think EG or whomever with the ball should be able to launch a 3. but only if we are playing away.

my fear of going at T mac is his size, that he can get your shot blocked.

Then I guess the answer depends on what play your running, and who your attacking off a pick or screen because every team has their own way of defending that play in clutch situations for each player. I mean if we're really being serious here then we should have the realistic lineup of who the Rockets will throw out there. If Tmac has been a liability all day then he will likely not be out there, same with Yao. But over the course of the year I noticed it was mostly Yao who was sitting out critical late game possessions.

The Rockets would likely have Hayes at the 5, Artest at the 4, Battier on the best wing scorer, Rafer on the best ball handler or PG, and Tmac on the lowest threat. This is when Hayes is at his best, you can try to run a pick and roll but the Rockets will just switch every play and Hayes is quick enough to stay with smaller guards. If not him then your gonna have Artest on you, I think you see the problem that comes with playing in these situations against what will most likely be the best defensive team in the league next year. But then if Hayes is the 5 man Kaman has a huge height advantage so they would likely have Deke and Hayes at the 4, with Artest and Battier on the wings and Rafer or Strawberry at the 1. In which case there is no Tmac and your screwed with the best defensive wing tandem in the NBA.

Thats why I would attack Tmac, he can block your shot but your more likely to create space for the shot against him than you are Rafer. Basically I see it as the likelihood of getting your shot blocked against Rafer 1 on 1 is 0% but the quality of shot will be in the low' 20%, as in if you take nothing but these kind of shots you would shoot 20-24%%, for Tmac he can block your shot about 20% of the time in 1 on 1 situation (about 40% if you try to post him up on the low blocks, he really takes it personal down there) on the perimeter but the quality of shot is much higher (50%?) if he doesnt recover, something which despite his natural talent isnt very good at, its why Kobe always torches him. But yea if both are playing great defense then Tmac will swat your shot back at you like he did to Jason Richardson when he tried to attempt the game winner so I know what your saying, Ive just grown accustomed to a lazy Tmac now.

BUT in this hypothetical then you definitely attack Yao, hes pretty bad when it comes to hedging screens and hes actually improved alot at this but those are plays you run to create a shot for someone else. The Rockets are so good at helping that whoever was running the pick would on most occasions simply swing it to the 3rd perimeter player open at the 3pt line.

So running a Pick for Gordon would most likely lead to a three for Thornton or Ricky
    Last edited by Chronz; 09-17-2008 at 05:22 PM.

Then I guess the answer depends on what play your running, and who your attacking off a pick or screen because every team has their own way of defending that play in clutch situations for each player. I mean if we're really being serious here then we should have the realistic lineup of who the Rockets will throw out there. If Tmac has been a liability all day then he will likely not be out there, same with Yao. But over the course of the year I noticed it was mostly Yao who was sitting out critical late game possessions.

The Rockets would likely have Hayes at the 5, Artest at the 4, Battier on the best wing scorer, Rafer on the best ball handler or PG, and Tmac on the lowest threat. This is when Hayes is at his best, you can try to run a pick and roll but the Rockets will just switch every play and Hayes is quick enough to stay with smaller guards. If not him then your gonna have Artest on you, I think you see the problem that comes with playing in these situations against what will most likely be the best defensive team in the league next year. But then if Hayes is the 5 man Kaman has a huge height advantage so they would likely have Deke and Hayes at the 4, with Artest and Battier on the wings and Rafer or Strawberry at the 1. In which case there is no Tmac and your screwed with the best defensive wing tandem in the NBA.

Thats why I would attack Tmac, he can block your shot but your more likely to create space for the shot against him than you are Rafer. Basically I see it as the likelihood of getting your shot blocked against Rafer 1 on 1 is 0% but the quality of shot will be in the low' 20%, as in if you take nothing but these kind of shots you would shoot 20-24%%, for Tmac he can block your shot about 20% of the time in 1 on 1 situation (about 40% if you try to post him up on the low blocks, he really takes it personal down there) on the perimeter but the quality of shot is much higher (50%?) if he doesnt recover, something which despite his natural talent isnt very good at, its why Kobe always torches him. But yea if both are playing great defense then Tmac will swat your shot back at you like he did to Jason Richardson when he tried to attempt the game winner so I know what your saying, Ive just grown accustomed to a lazy Tmac now.

BUT in this hypothetical then you definitely attack Yao, hes pretty bad when it comes to hedging screens and hes actually improved alot at this but those are plays you run to create a shot for someone else. The Rockets are so good at helping that whoever was running the pick would on most occasions simply swing it to the 3rd perimeter player open at the 3pt line.

So running a Pick for Gordon would most likely lead to a three for Thornton or Ricky

I gotta admit, I am not as fluent in basketball as I am in baseball.
    that is some deep philosophical breakdown of advanced basketball 301.

good job professor

Quote Originally Posted by POZUNO View Post
    Clippers vs Rockets 95-97 Clippers down by 2. Location: Staples Center. Its 4th quarter with 12 seconds left on the clock. Baron Davis is sitting on the bench with 6 personal fouls. J-Will is injured and Mobley and Thomas are out with the flu. On court is...

PG-Eric Gordon
    SG-Ricky Davis
    SF-Al Thornton
    PF-Marcus Camby (5 fouls)
    C-Chris Kaman (5 fouls)

PG-Rafer Alston
    SG-Tracy Mcgrady
    SF-Ron Artest
    PF-Louis Scola
    C-Yao Ming

Do you sit Camby or Kaman and put Novak in to play PF? Do you go for the 2 or the 3? And finally...Who takes the BIG shot???
    pull Camby bring in Novak, because this will no allow them to double any of our players. i let Thornton take the last shot. he hit one last year and the second it left his hand you just knew it was in.

Yea that was a great write up Chronz. You should coach man! Mike D should hire you as assistant coach. This thread has got me thinking that Houston is going to be a very interesting match up for us this season.

Yea Chronz, that was nice. I like the way you think man. And yes Houston will be an interesting match up for us this season. Actually I think every team we play will be interesting. We have such a new roster with so much more options. I don't know what MDSr. did, but Santa sure came early this season to bring him some new toys to play with. Can't wait!

my favorite thing to do of late is to click on pozuno's sig that says 'click this bar to view the full image'

Quote Originally Posted by don'tfireNedCo View Post
    I gotta admit, I am not as fluent in basketball as I am in baseball.
    that is some deep philosophical breakdown of advanced basketball 301.

good job professor
    Just so you dont get the wrong idea, those werent actual %'s I used, just tried to give you an idea of my way of thinking, and yes Ive been clicking her alot. She looks like an asian Jessica Alba. I would attack either Rafer or Mac, depending on who they are guarding and how hot the player has been in the game.
    Last edited by Chronz; 09-18-2008 at 07:34 AM.

Just so you dont get the wrong idea, those werent actual %'s I used, just tried to give you an idea of my way of thinking, and yes Ive been clicking her alot. She looks like an asian Jessica Alba. I would attack either Rafer or Mac, depending on who they are guarding and how hot the player has been in the game.
    yup. Im glad Im not the only pervert around here

I knew it. You PERVERTS! Take that **** to the L.A zoo, where you can watch the chimps aggressively make love to one another. lol Just kidding...

Jessica Alba use to be hott. She is way to skinny now.

haha clicked again.

but she's asian? I though she looked more latina or lightskinned black.
    doesn't matter, she's hott!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast