Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Taking the BIG shot scenario

Clippers vs Rockets 95-97 Clippers down by 2. Location: Staples Center. Its 4th quarter with 12 seconds left on the clock. Baron Davis is sitting on the bench with 6 personal fouls. J-Will is injured and Mobley and Thomas are out with the flu. On court is...

PG-Eric Gordon
    SG-Ricky Davis
    SF-Al Thornton
    PF-Marcus Camby (5 fouls)
    C-Chris Kaman (5 fouls)

PG-Rafer Alston
    SG-Tracy Mcgrady
    SF-Ron Artest
    PF-Louis Scola
    C-Yao Ming

Do you sit Camby or Kaman and put Novak in to play PF? Do you go for the 2 or the 3? And finally...Who takes the BIG shot???
    Last edited by POZUNO; 09-17-2008 at 12:48 AM.

first of all, where are they playing?

Staples homie.

if they are playing in LA, then I'll say go for 2 and try kaman right on yao. chris has shown that he is quicker than yao, almost toying with him on offensive end at times.

but if in houston, go for 3 and have the ROOKIE take the shot!

all glory if goes, no one will blame the rook if he misses.

tracy and artest are too good of defenders, and camby is... camby.

Yea I've seen Kaman put on some nice flashy post moves on Yoa before. Remember that spin move fallowed by a reverse dunk that he put on Yoa last season? Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by POZUNO View Post
    Yea I've seen Kaman put on some nice flashy post moves on Yoa before. Remember that spin move fallowed by a reverse dunk that he put on Yoa last season? Nice!

he even told ralph he was going to dunk on yao with a reverse before the tipoff, then he dunked on yao with a reverse on the first position!

That's hard. So stoked after seeing it. I remember spilling beer all over myself and pointing my finger at everyone around me, cursing those who didn't like the clippers and calling them *****es all night.

That's hard. So stoked after seeing it. I remember spilling beer all over myself and pointing my finger at everyone around me, cursing those who didn't like the clippers and calling them *****es all night.
    I know... those damn laker *****es...

PG-Ricky Davis
    SG-Eric Gordon
    SF-Al Thornton
    PF-Steve Novak
    C-Chris Kaman

You give the ball to Ricky. He's the best all around scorer/shooter/distributor in this group. If there's an open man, he'll find them...if not, he'll take the big shot.

Aside from a lob or a desperation mid-ranger, Camby is useless (unless the coach wants to take a shot early on the shot clock in hope for an offensive rebound). Kaman will be used to anchor the middle and carry the attention of Yao and possibly Scola.

You gotta put in Novak, especially if it's against Houston. They know he's a lights out shooter and they're gonna have their eyes on him...this is just adding to our options. We have he and Gordon at each corner and Thornton going moving around the mid-range to get open.

Worst case scenerio: 1 on 1 coverage and Ricky does the pull up. Not that bad. With Scola watching Novak, there might actually be some space for him to drive in. If the defense collapses, he'll pass out to the open man. If not, he's more than capable of scoring.
    Last edited by ClipperNation14; 09-17-2008 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperNation14 View Post
    PG-Ricky Davis
    SG-Eric Gordon
    SF-Al Thornton
    PF-Steve Novak
    C-Chris Kaman

You give the ball to Ricky. He's the best all around scorer/shooter/distributor in this group. If there's an open man, he'll find them...if not, he'll take the big shot.

Aside from a lob or a desperation mid-ranger, Camby is useless (unless the coach wants to take a shot early on the shot clock in hope for an offensive rebound). Kaman will be used to anchor the middle and carry the attention of Yao and possibly Scola.

You gotta put in Novak, especially if it's against Houston. They know he's a lights out shooter and they're gonna have their eyes on him...this is just adding to our options. We have he and Gordon at each corner and Thornton going moving around the mid-range to get open.

Worst case scenerio: 1 on 1 coverage and Ricky does the pull up. Not that bad. With Scola watching Novak, there might actually be some space for him to drive in. If the defense collapses, he'll pass out to the open man. If not, he's more than capable of scoring.

I like the idea except if I'm running the rockets I would put T mac or Artest on Ricky because he IS the best of our bunch in one-on-one with good size to pull up.

imo having novac is a good option, but with the scenario set at 12 sec left at home, I would try to go for a tie and if kaman misses, then hope marcus can rebound.

but if at houston, yes. I would put novac as you suggest and spread the floor with capable shooters as well.

Q: would you still have the ball in ricky's hands if artest(whom I think is their best defender) is guarding him with Yao on Novak? what if Scoia was on kaman for some reason(possibly to keep yao out of foul trouble in case of overtime) and TMac on Thornton, which would mean eric is left with alston on him?
    Last edited by don'tfireNedCo; 09-17-2008 at 01:46 AM.

This is a long shot hypothetical..... McGrady and Yao healthy at the same time? Anyway Thornton or Gordon... we have to get those kids ready to take over the team.

I was actually at that game man and he got man handled, I guess he pissed Yao off cuz it wasnt much a contest. Really makes you appreciate the greatness of the ELITE players. Kaman may be a top 5 center but the gap after Yao is pretty steep.

And for the topic you attack whoever Tmac is defending. Not so much because hes a bad defender because with the game on the line he really steps it up but because hes no Artest, and Rafer is an excellent defender.

Quote Originally Posted by dick butane View Post
    This is a long shot hypothetical..... McGrady and Yao healthy at the same time? Anyway Thornton or Gordon... we have to get those kids ready to take over the team.
    very true...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast