Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 39

So... Tha ESPN "Experts" predicted 39 wins for us, this flat out disgusts me.

I can't wait till we prove tha WHOLE league wrong.

Camby didn't win us 11 games last year. But, that's my humble opinion
    Let me know wat you guys think...

Heres tha link.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...sonPredictions
    Last edited by AIMelo=KillaDUO; 09-02-2008 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AIMelo=KillaDUO View Post
    So... Tha ESPN "Experts" predicted 39 wins for us, this flat out disgusts me.

I can't wait till we prove tha WHOLE league wrong.

Camby didn't win us 11 games last year. But, that's my humble opinion
    Let me know wat you guys think...
    Yeah, I'd guess that even Nugs haters would deem that a foolishly low win prediction for Denver. That's ridiculous.

Got a link?

Wow, that it.. I expect thay will will win more, I don't think the nugget's is done though, thay should still have cap for 1 more good fill in.. there up 2 something, thay have 2 be

i hope were up to something but im not gonna get my hopes up cuz the last time we were really up to something was ai besides that its all been talk
    Support me by going to http://tyssportsword.blogspot.com/

THANK YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post
    Yeah, I'd guess that even Nugs haters would deem that a foolishly low win prediction for Denver. That's ridiculous.

Got a link?
    Just edited and I added tha link sorry about that.

I hopin tha same thing you guys are. ray:

Quote Originally Posted by AIMelo=KillaDUO View Post
    Just edited and I added tha link sorry about that.

No problem - just too lazy to dig it up myself.

Until I see us play below the level we did last season, I believe that we will win 50 again.

i think we are better than last season, there aint no way we only get 39

I was at a loss to why all the NBA analysts seemed to be down on the Denver Nuggets. Giving up on Marcus Camby, a player that refashioned and resurrected his career while in Denver, couldn't be the only reason why the Nuggets are slated to win 11 fewer games than they did last year. A year in which the Nuggets lost a key player to a cancer scare, had a player return from micro-fracture surgery, a backcourt in disarray and a mercurial up and coming superstar.

What I think the analyst are seeing is that Nuggets are slowly becoming the Denver 76'ers and they don't believe AI can make a team better, but with the passage of time the team will only become worse. This is totally a subjective view however as the analysts have a tendacy to use character issues to determine how good an athlete will be. Character issues can sometimes interfere with getting your game to the court but it doesn't determine who actually has game.

However there are still some ginormous questions that still need to be answered before the opinion makers will be swayed. Can Nene' and Kenyon fill the void left by Marcus and can they continue to recover from injuries and illness? Can there finally be a decision who will play opposite of AI at the point guard position? Will JR and Linas continue there maturation and raise the level of their games. Will addition by subtraction, losing Marcus, Eduardo, Bobby Jones and Yakhouba help? Can the addition of more athleticism to the bench in the persons of Sonny Weems, Birdman and Balkman help make the Nuggets better defensively. And the biggest question of all, will Melo use his inspirational play in this summers Olympics as a springboard to superstardom?

eman, I'm not sure I really understand - what exactly do you mean when you say the "Nuggets are slowly becoming the Denver 76'ers"?

he means its just like AI with the 76ers only in denver, so in a way, you guys agree with eachoher

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dub View Post
    he means its just like AI with the 76ers only in denver, so in a way, you guys agree with eachoher
    I understand the reference, but basically the usual rap on most of AI's Sixers teams is, "He took a crap team to the Finals", "He was the man on a crap team", etc. So what I was getting at was does he think the rest of the Nuggets besides AI are crap players?

i hope not that is crazy to say that

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dub View Post
    i hope not that is crazy to say that
    Yeah - and just fwiw, eman's been posting here a pretty long time now, and I don't think that's where he was going with that. But it's just what it looks like on the surface, to me at least, which is why I'd like a more detailed breakdown of what that means.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast